OT: I I don't believe it, but......

The leader of the NCAA Emmert is a Bama fan. I can see him sweeping it under the rug like he has done for others before. He is good at turning a blind eye when it is one of his favorites.
No he's Not...hes an LSU Ex Chancellor and LSU Fan (not that there's a huge difference)

Advertisement
They will find out that some recruit got paid with a house and hookers. Another one got his whole family moved from Hawaii.
Another one got paid 500k in crypto currency.
A bunch of cash for another one and Jobe got his prep school paid and dad got a house in Puerto Rico.
Bama wil get a warning and one schollie revoked.
Seems fair.

They will find out that some recruit got paid with a house and hookers. Another one got his whole family moved from Hawaii.
Another one got paid 500k in crypto currency.
A bunch of cash for another one and Jobe got his prep school paid and dad got a house in Puerto Rico.
Bama wil get a warning and one schollie revoked.
Seems fair.
Your estimate seems high.

Advertisement
I do think that the FBI is gathering evidence. Georgia was paying its classes $3.5M total when I worked for the fund. Any "gifts" to an individual over $14,000 are taxable so imagine the tax evasion implications........ You pay Sony Michel $200,000 and 90% of that is taxable!

There was never any proof or corroboration for hookers, that’s a myth.

We got popped for things like a $9.99 steak special at Benihanas, and no lying, a used washer and dryer for Wilfork.
Actually read the official NCAA report, you’ll fall to your knees either laughing or crying realizing what they actually had on us.

Why do you think they spent over two years trying to corroborate stuff - because they couldn’t. They were desperately trying to corroborate all the salacious details that you heard about - and they never did
Correct. Nevin claimed he bought a Cadillac for Vince. Turns out it was a used washer/dryer set for his apartment. The biggest transgressions were paid for bowling and pool tournaments that Nevin would reward a couple hundred bucks to the winners. He had credit card records for reasonably large purchases at a few nightclubs but no evidence that he spent that money on players.

Correct. Nevin claimed he bought a Cadillac for Vince. Turns out it was a used washer/dryer set for his apartment. The biggest transgressions were paid for bowling and pool tournaments that Nevin would reward a couple hundred bucks to the winners. He had credit card records for reasonably large purchases at a few nightclubs but no evidence that he spent that money on players.

“If you think a university of Miami football player needed Nevin to get alcohol and girls then you’re crazy”
Jonathan Vilma

Advertisement

But yet people, especially other fan bases, but even our own fans, are 100% convinced that there was this great violation of the rules going on. When it was pretty much penny-ante stuff, a little food here, a couple of bucks in a pool tournament there, a used washer and a dryer.

It was literally silly stuff. for which they wanted to give us the death penalty, and there’s no dispute that the NCAA was looking to make a death penalty case.

Yet we have on video an ex-LSU player handing out wads of cash, literally video evidence, and nothing. I promise you that OBJ handed out $100 wads, the sum total of which exceeded whatever Miami players accepted over many years back then.

LSU shouldn't be getting all comfortable about something happening to Bama,,,,,,I mean, they recently had a booster embezzling $$ from churches and hospitals.

Also, I've always wondered why its called embezzling when it's stealing just the same....is it different because he put more thought into it?

If that's the case, who is more of a hardcore criminal? Someone who actually spends time & thought planning his criminal activity in full view of the circumstances and awareness of its impact to others... versus a spur of the moment type guy?

LSU shouldn't be getting all comfortable about something happening to Bama,,,,,,I mean, they recently had a booster embezzling $$ from churches and hospitals.

Also, I've always wondered why its called embezzling when it's stealing just the same....is it different because he put more thought into it?

If that's the case, who is more of a hardcore criminal? Someone who actually spends time & thought planning his criminal activity in full view of the circumstances and awareness of its impact to others... versus a spur of the moment type guy?

You just embezzled 2 minutes of my time with this post.

Advertisement
But yet people, especially other fan bases, but even our own fans, are 100% convinced that there was this great violation of the rules going on. When it was pretty much penny-ante stuff, a little food here, a couple of bucks in a pool tournament there, a used washer and a dryer.

It was literally silly stuff. for which they wanted to give us the death penalty, and there’s no dispute that the NCAA was looking to make a death penalty case.

Yet we have on video an ex-LSU player handing out wads of cash, literally video evidence, and nothing. I promise you that OBJ handed out $100 wads, the sum total of which exceeded whatever Miami players accepted over many years back then.
Don't forget a lsu booster scammed a childrens hospital to pay a recruit and just went to prison for it. Not a peep from the violation advocates.

Advertisement
Seriously, the disparity in the enforcement of the rules is unreal. If I were Ole Miss, I'd cheat like SMU did in the 80's.

If your going to get punished for other teams transgressions, ***** it; go all out. Cheat so much that when the story comes out, no one will believe it.
Ol' Miss is going back on probation if they win more than 7 games. SEC can't have teams stepping out of their lane. No pun intended.

Advertisement
Back