OT: Huge win for college sports athletes from Supreme Court

Advertisement
Advertisement
Waynes World Reaction GIF

Advertisement
All this means is schools can pay players more.
It was a truly absurd hill for the NCAA to die on. Had nothing to do with the NIL legislation or paying players and was entirely about schools paying for graduate school, computers, and other similar things. I did notice internships was included, so anticipate Nick Saban Automotive Group having a robust internship program of about 85 people paid commensurate with the CEO.

Advertisement
Football drives much of baga's sports revenues. It is too critical to their bottom line and only thing of pride for the State. They will do whatever it takes to get those "boys" to play for them. After all they will give it back to us in cars, sneakers and jewelry. They won't invest and they like showing off cash on social media.

This allows schools to give education benefits like computers and tutoring on top of tuition that is now offered. I can only imagine what kids at Bama and Clemson will be getting to go there now. Come here and you will get the newest Mac Book Pro and iPad every year.

Advertisement
You mean have to, not can.
Don't think that's right. The decision is the NCAA can't ban those types of payments or benefits, not that the schools have to do any of that. You will be at a competitive disadvantage if you don't, but from what I have seen schools are not compelled to. Now, if every school does not change anything, that may spur a second anti-trust lawsuit, but that is a different story.

Advertisement
Back