OT: How about an OTH (otherthanhiphop) music thread?

25F06273-F31C-4CF3-824C-A786D4CB3FE5.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember when Rockwell came out.. Berry wanted his kid to be the next big thing so bad... Even with Mike backing him up he went nowhere...
I didn't want to get to much into Mike as he grew because we know how that went... after Thriller Mike went off the rails and never came back so I like remembering what first drew me to his music....

BAD Mike was good; but after BAD?? Yeah that whole Dangerous, along w his other albums & antics; it’s like dude became weird, weird. Smh. Still the best performer imo; he knew how to control the stage. His SB Half Time Performance is still the best and most iconic, imo. But dude had mad issues. I used to work a company along w his mom’s friend, and one of my former “good friends” was his spiritual advisor (you can see him speaking for Michael during the Gavin Arvizo trial in 2005). Mike was a kid in an adult body who never grew up. Lotta problems, but no excuses.

Advertisement
Early '60's Chicago Soul....Curtis Mayfield & the Impressions, Betty Everett, Jerry Butler, Dee Clark, Gene Chandler....and Major Lance

Who is his daughter?

Early '60's Chicago Soul....Curtis Mayfield & the Impressions, Betty Everett, Jerry Butler, Dee Clark, Gene Chandler....and Major Lance

Who is his daughter?

The mayor of Atlanta

(I googled it to make this quick and painless.)

BAD Mike was good; but after BAD?? Yeah that whole Dangerous, along w his other albums & antics; it’s like dude became weird, weird. Smh. Still the best performer imo; he knew how to control the stage. His SB Half Time Performance is still the best and most iconic, imo. But dude had mad issues. I used to work a company along w his mom’s friend, and one of my former “good friends” was his spiritual advisor (you can see him speaking for Michael during the Gavin Arvizo trial in 2005). Mike was a kid in an adult body who never grew up. Lotta problems, but no excuses.
He seemed different after the fire. Almost like it was the beginning of the decline.

Dark Side of the Moon I recognize easily. Who are the other 2?
The one in the linked post is King Crimson’s In the Court of the Crimson King. Really incredible prog rock album.

The one above that is the Allman Bros. Probably their finest album.

Advertisement
Dark Side of the Moon I recognize easily. Who are the other 2?
The “face” is King Crimson, In the Court of the Crimson King. The other one, the guys on the cover? Thats the Allman Brothers Live at the Fillmore. Sorry, just saw wspcane reply. King Crimson is still around, BTW. It’s not so much a band, as a way of doing things, says Robert Fripp, one of the bands original members. I’ve seen them probably 5-6 times over the last couple of years with a lineup that includes 3 percussionists. They are an acquired taste, clearly not for everybody, but they play some of the best music I’ve ever heard live, which is saying something.

The Allman Brothers Live album is just a rock classic. They were so much more than the cliche good ol’ boy southern rock band. They broke that mold.

Last edited:

That's kinda why I wanted to stay away from his adult life.... My fav album by him was before thriller.... Off The Wall... That album marked the end of one version of Mike and the birth of another...

Advertisement
I could’ve picked any Moody’s album as they were a bit formulaic. But oh, what a formula... and the mellotron.... listening with a good set of cans.... whoa.

CD37CD78-74AA-420D-B522-30BC2B0BDE8D.jpeg

That's kinda why I wanted to stay away from his adult life.... My fav album by him was before thriller.... Off The Wall... That album marked the end of one version of Mike and the birth of another...

Facts; and Off The Wall is an album that don’t get the same level of respect like Thriller.

One of my favorite bands... Ever. This one with Robin Trower on guitar and the criminally underrated BJ Wilson on drums. Keith Reid (lyrics) was a poet, and long live The Commander, Garry Brooker (piano, vocals).

56B0B16A-FDC4-4BCD-8F36-E0946BF37019.jpeg

Advertisement
Back