OT: How about an OTH (otherthanhiphop) music thread?

Advertisement
Its going towards one crazy *** football game memory with one cool dude....
Thank you... same to you dude.
23 (2).jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement

Some songs are extraordinarily difficult to cover, imo. Sam Cooke’s Classic is one. No knock against storeyville, though it obviously is, but to paraphrase a punk-*** entertainer: “Imma let you finish…that was good, but Sam Cooke is the best of all time!”

I think I’d feel the same way about an Otis Redding song, too (even though Black Crowes “Hard to Handle” was good)…but The Queen of Soul” took one of Redding’s songs, Respect, and now most don’t even know it was a Redding song. Prince‘s “How come you don’t call me anymore” is infinitely better than Alicia Keyes; though … Sinead O’Connor’s “Nothing compares 2 U” is better than Prince’s (Which I love), and he wrote it. One of Dolly Parton’s signature songs was jacked by Whitney Houston to the point that even Dolly Parton was like … “****!”. Bob Dylan must’ve felt just like Parton after Jimi Hendrix covered “All along the watchtower”. Beetles with the Isley Brothers “Twist and Shout”.

Advertisement
This just came on while I was working and motivated me to post it here. I absolutely love this recording. Not this song and not this band (really not a Crows fan at all), this one recording. I've listened to it a million times. Phenomenal!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back