OT: Hiphop heads who had the better diss track MGK v Eminem

Advertisement
Advertisement
MGK made a valid attempt but Eminem dismantled him. Also MGK sucks in general.

Em’s original diss on Kamikaze went harder than both. MGK was catchy but the actual disses sucked. “Your old” “You read the dictionary”

Advertisement
Mgk’s was ok , for him. But people are so dumbed down today in today’s hip hop they overreacted to it. He has no lyrical skill, it’s bat, cat , hat kindve stuff. But i respect the attempt, all this did was help him. Which is why EM was in such a catch 22.

But em destroyed him in not alike and kill shot. And he didn’t even really try.

Not a fan of either but diss tracks are idiotic. Let me take a good long while to pen down some thoughts about you and then go record it. It's like taking three days to write a F--- You email.

Hip hop really gained traction when it evolved from an emcee over a DJ to rap battles, which are the genesis of the diss track. But rap battles actually can settle something because it's about what you can come up with in the moment. Not whether you can go home, read a rhyming dictionary and write a story.

Don't know anything about MGK, but have seen plenty of Eminem in rap battles and the dude is an absolute killer.

Put down the pen, do it on a stage face to face and let the better rapper win.

Mgk’s was ok , for him. But people are so dumbed down today in today’s hip hop they overreacted to it. He has no lyrical skill, it’s bat, cat , hat kindve stuff. But i respect the attempt, all this did was help him. Which is why EM was in such a catch 22.

But em destroyed him in not alike and kill shot. And he didn’t even really try.
Exactly the way my opinion is of MGK's song/ attempt at a rap diss. It was a song with a beat and a hook thats it. Not a true rap diss song. Em dismantled him but it did give MGK like you said a platform to stand on for a short period of time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Em. MGK is pretty wack all around. But I consider Em up there with Nas as the greatest ever.

Advertisement
Back