OT: Hiphop heads who had the better diss track MGK v Eminem

Lucky you was better than both of these tracks. So em won from the start. Kamikaze was a pretty 🔥 album

Lebron said it right, if you don’t like Kamikaze you don’t like hip hop. It’s a really good album.

EM haters either can’t get past the color , too dumb to get all the different word play / metaphors going over their head or just want to be that guy.

Dude is brilliant.

Advertisement
Not a fan of either but diss tracks are idiotic. Let me take a good long while to pen down some thoughts about you and then go record it. It's like taking three days to write a F--- You email.

Hip hop really gained traction when it evolved from an emcee over a DJ to rap battles, which are the genesis of the diss track. But rap battles actually can settle something because it's about what you can come up with in the moment. Not whether you can go home, read a rhyming dictionary and write a story.

Don't know anything about MGK, but have seen plenty of Eminem in rap battles and the dude is an absolute killer.

Put down the pen, do it on a stage face to face and let the better rapper win.

I’m a big Pac fan but hit em up is one of the most overrated diss songs ever. Dude was literally dissing him like a thirteen year old ....” you’re fat, I banged your girl , don’t one of y’all have sickle cell”.

No comparison to no Vaseline or ether. Actual content and real personal ****.

MGK had better beat and hook if you like that in a rap diss song. Em had better rap battle lyrical diss. To Be Continued........ Possibly lol.
Really wish it wouldn’t mgk is a scrub .. it’d be like lil xan or lil douche bag trying to diss jay z

Advertisement
Lebron said it right, if you don’t like Kamikaze you don’t like hip hop. It’s a really good album.

EM haters either can’t get past the color , too dumb to get all the different word play / metaphors going over their head or just want to be that guy.

Dude is brilliant.

He's a brilliant wordsmith but still dusted by guys like Aesop Rock. It took Dre's beats (and really, industry connections) to make anything out of him.

What he has going for him, more than anything, is a really original cadence.

Both these pussys got bullied in school. It’s like which one is less of a *****. But m&m can fcking rap tho.

Advertisement
Mgk’s was ok , for him. But people are so dumbed down today in today’s hip hop they overreacted to it. He has no lyrical skill, it’s bat, cat , hat kindve stuff. But i respect the attempt, all this did was help him. Which is why EM was in such a catch 22.

But em destroyed him in not alike and kill shot. And he didn’t even really try.
Thank you

Eminem is a legend..but make way for theses young cats bruh..let them ride the new wave and make that money..

Advertisement
As a battle rap fan, I loved seeing these two go at it.

Em had better bars, rebuttals, multi syllabals and facts. Beat was okay.

MGK had better personals and angles which is much easier for him to do than Em. I liked his beat better. His Stan bar was fire.

The first time you listen to MGK’s diss song it has shock value. After the first listen, it falls flat. The more I listen to Em’s diss song, the more I love it. Hard to catch all the bars at first.

Winner: Eminem. And not even close.

Advertisement
He's a brilliant wordsmith but still dusted by guys like Aesop Rock. It took Dre's beats (and really, industry connections) to make anything out of him.

What he has going for him, more than anything, is a really original cadence.

Sure Dre’s beats took Em to another level. But how many of these rappers out there are making their own beats? (Most of them can’t even write their own lyrics)

Em is a master lyricist and makes crappy beats sound like 🔥

Advertisement
Back