OT Hard knocks Cleveland Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
wake up call to what exactly? timid is not fully extrapolating your point. or wanting to fully understand mine.

here is what he said and i was responding to:

now here's my full quote, that you pulled selectively from and misinterpreted:

"i do see your point. and you certainly do not need to accept anyone's terms of unity. you have that choice. that was my point. and like all choices, there will be benefits and there will be costs. other black americans have chosen to not focus on such things, and have gone on to live fully enriched, happy lives. they have also incurred benefits and costs for that choice. some realized now, some much later on down the line, perhaps not in their lifetime. "

no where did i say or imply that if one chooses not to focus on, as HarrietTubmanCane said, "our experiences and history in America....the roots of things, the creator’s history or the country’s history" that one could not go on to live a fully enriched, happy life. what i did do was offer a counter to his claim that a black man in america cannot afford the luxury of not living a life focused on such things. they can, they have, and have lived a full, happy life doing so. to actually suggest otherwise, it to remove their agency and self-actualization. it is to literally do to them what he claims to despise.

further, i made sure to say that all choices(in this case, the choice to focus fully on, or very little on, historical injustices) have benefits and costs. Which is to say, that neither way in my view is necessarily the correct way. that is up to each human to decide... and the consequences, good or bad, will play out over a lifetime and then some.

i went out of my way to ensure agency. to avoid telling anyone how to feel, or what is right or wrong. yet, you both found ways to create a narrative for me, simply because of what i represent to you based on an identity you have given me. my opinion... this is not a winning strategy. but, again, we will see. im truly, honestly pulling for you.

The fact that you didn’t write something to the tune of “not saying the black folks who did fully embrace those things haven’t lived a fully enriched lives too” tells me what I need to do.

Stop tying to play this game with me. I see right through your types with the BS. You know exactly what you meant & I knew it too...typing all these words that don’t mean a thing.

& don’t pull for me..I’m great. Just stfu & do drink the Flint tap water.

Of course it’s relevant. You think every employee in America would stand for the anthem if it was played at 9 am every day? You think they would be fired if they weren’t standing on the grounds of racial injustice?

And you don’t need to have a contract with a sports team — you can be a spectator — to stand for the national anthem — you can stay seated, wear a hat or even go to the concessions. And people do. Even when you watch the anthem before a football game on tv, how do you think it’s being filmed? You think the camera guy has one hand over his heart while he’s zooming in on Tom Brady?

So why then are the black football players the only ones who are unpatriotic for not standing for the anthem?
Participation in a ceremony before my shift begins is not in the terms of my employment. But according to the NFL game operations manual...

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

I’ve never been fortunate enough to enter into a voluntary contract with a professional sports team, but even if I had, your point still would not be relevant.
I would stand for the National Anthem this country is good if u make it that way, even though theres mad racist **** on all sides and all ethnic backrounds some get treated bad some good it is what it is. I know I treat everyone the way I want to be treated and I dont look at someones appearance and judge them I give them a chance. I joke around but thats how I choose to live and I dont like to feed into the hate its tiring and boring already and it makes people hate each other. I dont know the context of what u guys are talking about but I stand and thats it, I teach my kids the same.

Advertisement
Participation in a ceremony before my shift begins is not in the terms of my employment. But according to the NFL game operations manual...

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

In the operations manual but not the rule book. Plus with use of words like “may” and “should” this comes across as a less-than-ideal document.

Of course it’s relevant. You think every employee in America would stand for the anthem if it was played at 9 am every day? You think they would be fired if they weren’t standing on the grounds of racial injustice?

And you don’t need to have a contract with a sports team — you can be a spectator — to stand for the national anthem — you can stay seated, wear a hat or even go to the concessions. And people do. Even when you watch the anthem before a football game on tv, how do you think it’s being filmed? You think the camera guy has one hand over his heart while he’s zooming in on Tom Brady?

So why then are the black football players the only ones who are unpatriotic for not standing for the anthem?

Bc it’s the bigoted thing that do. That’s why.

These dudes don’t care about the flag or veterans.

Naaaa, you’ve been addressed thoroughly and you’ll be better for it and won’t try to fraud as a authority next time, I promise you that.
Settle down, Bevis. You’ve addressed nothing, least of all anything remotely resembling a coherent argument.

So you’ve addressed me thoroughly, exposed me as a fraud, and affected my behavior going forward? All for my own good, too, I bet. And I’m the paternalistic one here?

:11263323124-b207743c78-o:

Advertisement
In the operations manual but not the rule book. Plus with use of words like “may” and “should” this comes across as a less-than-ideal document.
It also contains words like “fines” and “suspension.”

Settle down, Bevis. You’ve addressed nothing, least of all anything remotely resembling a coherent argument.

So you’ve addressed me thoroughly, exposed me as a fraud, and affected my behavior going forward? All for my own good, too, I bet. And I’m the paternalistic one here?

:11263323124-b207743c78-o:
Open and unabashed Intellectual dishonesty on full display. Nope, and especially not according to your own definition. You’ve completely tucked your tail at this point. Your pride has you enduring this on some masochism ish.

Advertisement
Bc it’s the bigoted thing that do. That’s why.

These dudes don’t care about the flag or veterans.

El
Oh
El

Irony is your comment meeting my beer.
image.jpg

Open and unabashed Intellectual dishonesty on full display. Nope, and especially not according to your own definition. You’ve completely tucked your tail at this point. Your pride has you enduring this on some masochism ish.
It’s not MY definition. It’s from Merriam-Webster, two white dudes who knew a lot more about dialectics and linguistics than you, which is why I trust their definition over yours.

I’m still here because I’m fascinated and amused by your attempts to alter the English language in order to establish yourself as a victim. I mean, how sad is it, that you need to refuse the accepted definition of a word in order to validate yourself as a real live oppressed person?

****it. I can dish it out if you can take it.

Advertisement
U are a crash dummy 🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 the prototypical uneducated white supremacist child.
Why don't you and numbnuts come on out say the agenda you two are trying to make.you keep repeating white supremacy why don't you just say that you and your twin sister believe all whites are bigots.that makes you two no different than those who are racist.this suppose to be a Brown's topic of discussion you two dumbdrops made it into your agenda.

Instead of complaining about it and stop pointing fingers at others who have no connection to the problem that exist.fact you two fail to realize there is a racial problem but it's not just a white problem.racism is a problem all races have a problem with and any professional will tell you the first step to healing is to admit the prob!em you two don't want a solution the problem you two want something giving to you because your not man enough to go earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back