OT: Give me some MJ!

Advertisement
I'm probably too biased to comment much in this thread. Been a Bulls fan for more than 30 years. They were the team I picked while Miami started their franchise. Jordan was always on TV and my dad was a big Bird fan. It was easy to pick the Bulls and compete. I was young, but the first couple years were rough because I saw Jordan as a superhero... who'd lose to the Pistons. Didn't like Scottie at first because of the migraine game. Then got about 8 years of unprecedented success.

Now, 20 or so years of trash (with a couple years of joy in there). Especially tough with all the Heat wins and every friend being a heavy Heat fan. Glad people get to see those Bulls a little deeper. I hope they go into how hard it was to win some of those championships. Pins and ******' needles in some of those battles against the Knicks, Pacers, Jazz, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was a diehard pistons fan growing up, less so now, can’t wait for next weeks run. Where’s Kelly Tripuka

“You can’t mention micheal Jordan without Scottie Pippen”...definitely the 2nd best wing of the 90s..Duo was lethal..this documentary showing just how big the presences of phill and pippen was to that 90s run..MJ was the man but that infrastructure around him allowed for ultimate team success that Jordan is known for

“You can’t mention micheal Jordan without Scottie Pippen”...definitely the 2nd best wing of the 90s..Duo was lethal..this documentary showing just how big the presences of phill and pippen was to that 90s run..MJ was the man but that infrastructure around him allowed for ultimate team success that Jordan is known for

7 yr $18m contract though? Pip was a real soldier for yrs, and Krause treated him like street booty. That Nike money came in handy for him, for sure....but can’t imagine arguably a top 5 player in the NBA at that time making less than $3/season. My heart broke when I saw that, and I know why he signed the contract....he was thinking about his fam back in Arkansas.

I hate both Jerrys. I wish the other one would get the hizzzell out of Chicago.

7 yr $18m contract though? Pip was a real soldier for yrs, and Krause treated him like street booty. That Nike money came in handy for him, for sure....but can’t imagine arguably a top 5 player in the NBA at that time making less than $3/season. My heart broke when I saw that, and I know why he signed the contract....he was thinking about his fam back in Arkansas.

I feel like Reinsdorf is skating alot of the blame simply by virtue of being alive and being able to deflect some of the narrative, but he's just as much to blame for Pippen's contract.

You don't tell someone not to sign a bad contract that YOU'RE offering them. You don't offer them the bad contract in the first place if you're an honorable person. Even then, if a guy has clearly outperformed his contract as Pippen did you find away to take care of him if you truly value him.

Straight good ol boy mentality that permeated through the NBA ownership group at the time. Same type of mentality that lead to Orlando losing Shaq. ****, Jordan wasn't even the highest paid player on the Bulls for some years.

Advertisement
Says it all right here.
EWBR_OnU0AAiJO2.jpg
EWBR_OnU0AAiJO2.jpg

Yea that contract was bogus asf..but if pippen was getting paid accordingly I’m not sure the bulls would’ve been able have them depth...the way they treated the elf was ****ed up tho🤣🤣..from what I saw Lil ain’t really do **** to deserve all that..but on the Scottie pippen end I understand why he signed it but that’s why u gave a agent. At that time Scottie wasn’t in his prime. They had him locked into that bs deal all through his prime years

Smh man I’m not even tryna debate the MJ vs Bron..I think this documentary is gonna show just how much help and infrastructure Jordan in order to get those 6..from pippen doing the things Jordan was not as good as far as rebounding, taking on the best matchup and facilitating the O..also this theory that Phil’s presence was somehow overrated to boost Mj is about to get debunked..you wanna know how important Phil was to Mj ? The man walked away from the bulls without him

Last edited:
Advertisement
Smh man I’m not even tryna debate the MJ vs Bron..I think this documentary is gonna show just how much help and infrastructure Jordan in order to get those 6..from pippen doing the things Jordan was as good as far as rebounding, taking on the best matchup and facilitating the O..also this theory that Phil’s presence was somehow overrated to boost Mj is about to get debunked..you wanna know how important Phil was to Mj ? The man walked away from the bulls without him
Those stats also show why I'm all team MJ in the GOAT debate. He's right there with Pippen in Assists, Blocks, and Steals if you really look at those posted numbers. It's not like it's a wash like it is with points. MJ was a shut down defender, something I don't think that gets discussed enough about his game.

Bron has had superior infrastructure as well, including one created by the great Pat Riley. Ended up losing 2 Finals series within that organization (I'm a Heat fan, so you know it hurts to type that).

No doubt Jordan had a great team structure for those runs tho. For all of his personal faults, Krause was a skilled GM and had some great talent for evaluations. He's actually a Hall of Famer.

Those stats also show why I'm all team MJ in the GOAT debate. He's right there with Pippen in Assists, Blocks, and Steals if you really look at those posted numbers. It's not like it's a wash like it is with points. MJ was a shut down defender, something I don't think that gets discussed enough about his game.

Bron has had superior infrastructure as well, including one created by the great Pat Riley. Ended up losing 2 Finals series within that organization (I'm a Heat fan, so you know it hurts to type that).

No doubt Jordan had a great team structure for those runs tho. For all of his personal faults, Krause was a skilled GM and had some great talent for evaluations. He's actually a Hall of Famer.
2 ring in 4 years is a great accomplishment. Heat definitely should’ve had a 3rd. If wade knees don’t give out those 3rd and 4th years I think the heat 3peat. Pat made some questionable personnel decisions that 3rd season imo. But ultimately wade being in and out the lineup and his health was what did miami in that 3peat year...for me it’s Jordan and Lebron for the goat. MJ is no better at basketball then Lebron and vice versa. I can’t put one above the other from a individual standpoint

There's really no debate to be had... Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. I think a debate can be had for who is #2. Kobe? Lebron? Kareem? etc.

Listen, I despised Jordan growing up. Hated everything about him and the Bulls. Sixers were my team growing up, until we got the Heat. So, I couldn't stand the fact that the Bulls were terrorizing the league back then. I couldn't stand his swag. Couldn't stand his walk. His penchant for making plays. Just hated everything about him. Except his sneakers. I always liked his sneakers. Easy to say, I was just a hater! LOL.

Funny thing is that with Lebron, it's the exact opposite. Nothing but the upmost respect for what he does on and off the floor. From his talent and play to him speaking out on social issues, to building a school for kids in his hometown. Lebron is the ultimate role model.

With all that being said, there's no question in my mind that Jordan is the GOAT. As great as Lebron is, it's his downs (poor play in big games) that prevent him from being the GOAT. He's talented. No doubt. Probably most skilled player who ever lived but there's more to being the GOAT than just skill. Game in and game out, Jordan always came up big. Can't recall any down games in the playoffs. Can't recall him costing his team any big wins. Can't recall Jordan not showing up, Always seemed like the bigger the moment, the bigger the play from him. That's what separates him from Lebron and every other player who ever lived.

There's really no debate to be had... Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. I think a debate can be had for who is #2. Kobe? Lebron? Kareem? etc.

Listen, I despised Jordan growing up. Hated everything about him and the Bulls. Sixers were my team growing up, until we got the Heat. So, I couldn't stand the fact that the Bulls were terrorizing the league back then. I couldn't stand his swag. Couldn't stand his walk. His penchant for making plays. Just hated everything about him. Except his sneakers. I always liked his sneakers. Easy to say, I was just a hater! LOL.

Funny thing is that with Lebron, it's the exact opposite. Nothing but the upmost respect for what he does on and off the floor. From his talent and play to him speaking out on social issues, to building a school for kids in his hometown. Lebron is the ultimate role model.

With all that being said, there's no question in my mind that Jordan is the GOAT. As great as Lebron is, it's his downs (poor play in big games) that prevent him from being the GOAT. He's talented. No doubt. Probably most skilled player who ever lived but there's more to being the GOAT than just skill. Game in and game out, Jordan always came up big. Can't recall any down games in the playoffs. Can't recall him costing his team any big wins. Can't recall Jordan not showing up, Always seemed like the bigger the moment, the bigger the play from him. That's what separates him from Lebron and every other player who ever lived.
Lmao Kobe..Kobe is my Guy too..but nah. MJ is no better at basketball then Lebron..you look down Mj resume past the 6-0 and you’ll see the same blemishes. The thing is there wasn’t first take and different 24 hr debate shows to pick apart his every dribble..that’s what kills me about the Lebron vs MJ debate ..can’t get into it rn like I want to tho..

Advertisement
Back