OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
Sometimes it’s hard to imagine the showrunners have ever read the books. The last season has been pandering and main stream with these lazy dialogue sequences and “aw cute” moments hoping to be saved by the battles in episodes 3 and 5.

Sometimes it’s hard to imagine the showrunners have ever read the books. The last season has been pandering and main stream with these lazy dialogue sequences and “aw cute” moments hoping to be saved by the battles in episodes 3 and 5.
I cant complain its good to me......usually people always hate the way shows end lol. I like it hopefully i see some bodies droppin in this next episode. That last episode felt like alot of characters were saying goodbye

Overall, I thought the episode was cheesy and nothing substantial happened other than Jon telling Daeny she been ******' her nephew.

But, like many have said online, this episode was a lot of people's swan song - hella people dying in the next week or two.

Advertisement
Overall, I thought the episode was cheesy and nothing substantial happened other than Jon telling Daeny she been ******' her nephew.

But, like many have said online, this episode was a lot of people's swan song - hella people dying in the next week or two.

Um, as far as the story arc goes, that's kind of a big deal.

How did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln?

I think a lot of people are saying these first two episodes suck because they want to see the heads start rolling so bad, which is understandable, but I believe these episodes were needed to build up the shock value
Exactly. Arya got laid by her crush, Brienne became a Knight, Jamie reunited with his brother, Grey Worm saying what his plans are after the battles....

These writers are awful. Their trick is to write ****** episodes then have one gigantic battle to make everyone forget how bad at writing they are. That episode was trash. It did 0 to move the plot forward.

Also none of the stark children can act. Sorry, but they’re terrible actors.

Advertisement
Um, as far as the story arc goes, that's kind of a big deal.

How did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Agreed, but I still would've liked it to have been post-long night. Now I feel that it confirmed both will survive the fight. But, I'll say it again, my opinion on the episode changed once I realized a lot of people are big dead.

These writers are awful. Their trick is to write ****** episodes then have one gigantic battle to make everyone forget how bad at writing they are. That episode was trash. It did 0 to move the plot forward.

Also none of the stark children can act. Sorry, but they’re terrible actors.

First episode was build up. Episode 2 was a swan song for characters who are going to die.

I agree on the Stark children minus Sophie Turner. Arya has had her moments, though.

I think a lot of people are saying these first two episodes suck because they want to see the heads start rolling so bad, which is understandable, but I believe these episodes were needed to build up the shock value
They had last season to build up shock value and it was terrible. Also they could have made episode 1 longer, set up shock value and then move plot better in this episode. Instead we got a carbon copy of episode 1

Advertisement
The first two episodes have been setting the chess board. No issue from me. At least we finally have some semblance of an idea of what the NK actually wants (even though it was kind of inferred he just wants to kill everybody for no good reason).

It's pretty obvious that a bunch of important characters are going to be dead very very soon. I for one salute the writers for taking the opportunity to tie up their arcs rather than just unceremonious slaughter.

Do you not realize how many characters need to have screen time? It's the most characters in a single area the show has ever had.
And they could’ve made episode 1 longer gotten all of this out of the way then. But nope these awful writers instead devoted time to pointless storylines like greyworm, the Greyjoys, Arya having ***, etc.

Advertisement
Real talk, last night's episode was a disappointment. I get the whole "they're setting up the show for the battle" argument, but that was never the formula the first 7 seasons, they shouldn't alter what's been working thus far.

The good news is the last 4 episodes are each ~80 minutes long.

Advertisement
Back