OT: Gambling thread

Advertisement
I just cancelled my Vegas trip, with the NCAAT being done and all other sports being done as well as poker rooms shutting down no need to go. This sucks.
Right call, man, even though it sucks. My buddy is there right now. Just sent me this pic...

157162.jpeg

Crazy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just cancelled my Vegas trip, with the NCAAT being done and all other sports being done as well as poker rooms shutting down no need to go. This sucks.

I cancelled mine a couple days ago. Was supposed to leave Tuesday. Not really sure what to make of this situation. Whatever I guess.

Advertisement
Agree. Let's get some fight heads to give thoughts on all of the card tonight. @Liberty City El , @OriginalGatorHater , you guys got any insight for us?

And does anyone know anything about the mexican soccer league? Legit question. LOL
There's some good matchups tonight in Brazil.

Kevin Lee vs Oliveira is very good fight, Lee coming off a good W vs Gillespie, but the last Brazilian he fought he got caught in a Triangle vs Dos Anjos. Lee typically doesn't do well vs guys that are well versed in BJJ & Oliveira is a Black belt BJJ practioner on a 6 fight win streak.

The thing about Oliveira is whenever he's fought really good talent he usually loses, he's a highly experienced guy with 28 wins, but al of his losses are vs guys like Holloway, Pettis, Cub Swanson & Cowboy Cerrone.

I wouldn't bet on this fight, for me personally I can never get a read on Kevin Lee, he's a good fighter but he's also a loud mouth who's overrated. He has the power to beat Oliveira but if it goes to the ground I give Oliveira the edge.

Idk who's winning that fight lol. I usually go for the Brazilians when they're at home but Idk this fight is a toss up imo.

The two fights I'm most looking forward to seeing is Demian Maia vs Gilbert Burns & Johnny Walker vs Nikita Krylov.

Johnny Walker is an explosive fighter, he had a 9 fight win streak until he lost his last fight bs Corey Anderson. He usually overwhelms his opponents super early in the fight & gets a lot of 1st round stoppages & KO's, he's a big 6'6 freakish fighter with long reach & explosive elbows & flying knees. But Corey Anderson figured him out, he's a guy that if you can withstand his initial burst of the first 30-50sec in the first round he's vulnerable.

Krylov lost his last fight to Teixeira, he RNC'd Ovince Saint Preux but got Triangled by Blachowicz. He's a good stand up fighter with a Black belt in Kyokushin but I don't think he can deal with Johnny Walker. Styles make fights & this will be an interesting one. Krylov rarely gets KO'd, but I think Walker can get the stoppage this fight, I'd be shocked if Krylov pulled off the upset. I will say, if Krylov can make it out of the 1st round he has a good shot because Walker normally doesn't fight past the 1st round.

Demian Maia is a master 4th degree Black belt BJJ practioner & ADCC Gold medalist, literally one of the best BJJ practioners in the world, comes from the Gracie clan tutelage & was taught by Fabio Gurgel. He's an assassin strangler.

Gilbert Burns is a really good grappler as well, 2nd degree Black belt BJJ & multi time world BJJ champion & gold medalist at Abu Dhabi.

I got Maia getting the submission. The only time Maia loses is when he goes up against an uber talented fighter that can stop his takedowns, otherwise, if/when he gets you on the ground it's a wrap.

There's some good matchups tonight in Brazil.

Kevin Lee vs Oliveira is very good fight, Lee coming off a good W vs Gillespie, but the last Brazilian he fought he got caught in a Triangle vs Dos Anjos. Lee typically doesn't do well vs guys that are well versed in BJJ & Oliveira is a Black belt BJJ practioner on a 6 fight win streak.

The thing about Oliveira is whenever he's fought really good talent he usually loses, he's a highly experienced guy with 28 wins, but al of his losses are vs guys like Holloway, Pettis, Cub Swanson & Cowboy Cerrone.

I wouldn't bet on this fight, for me personally I can never get a read on Kevin Lee, he's a good fighter but he's also a loud mouth who's overrated. He has the power to beat Oliveira but if it goes to the ground I give Oliveira the edge.

Idk who's winning that fight lol. I usually go for the Brazilians when they're at home but Idk this fight is a toss up imo.

The two fights I'm most looking forward to seeing is Demian Maia vs Gilbert Burns & Johnny Walker vs Nikita Krylov.

Johnny Walker is an explosive fighter, he had a 9 fight win streak until he lost his last fight bs Corey Anderson. He usually overwhelms his opponents super early in the fight & gets a lot of 1st round stoppages & KO's, he's a big 6'6 freakish fighter with long reach & explosive elbows & flying knees. But Corey Anderson figured him out, he's a guy that if you can withstand his initial burst of the first 30-50sec in the first round he's vulnerable.

Krylov lost his last fight to Teixeira, he RNC'd Ovince Saint Preux but got Triangled by Blachowicz. He's a good stand up fighter with a Black belt in Kyokushin but I don't think he can deal with Johnny Walker. Styles make fights & this will be an interesting one. Krylov rarely gets KO'd, but I think Walker can get the stoppage this fight, I'd be shocked if Krylov pulled off the upset. I will say, if Krylov can make it out of the 1st round he has a good shot because Walker normally doesn't fight past the 1st round.

Demian Maia is a master 4th degree Black belt BJJ practioner & ADCC Gold medalist, literally one of the best BJJ practioners in the world, comes from the Gracie clan tutelage & was taught by Fabio Gurgel. He's an assassin strangler.

Gilbert Burns is a really good grappler as well, 2nd degree Black belt BJJ & multi time world BJJ champion & gold medalist at Abu Dhabi.

I got Maia getting the submission. The only time Maia loses is when he goes up against an uber talented fighter that can stop his takedowns, otherwise, if/when he gets you on the ground it's a wrap.
Fantastic insight! Thanks, brother. Glad I put up the bat signal.

You have to risk money and a half to bet Lee. I'm going to follow your advice and stay away from that one.

Walker fight making it past round 1 is +145. Sounds like he usually doesn't, but if he's facing a tough opponent tonight who doesn't get KO'd often, I may take a stab at money and a half on that.

I gotta think ESPN+ will have a massive audience tonight!

Krylov got the W.

He put together a good strategy, he just completely gassed Walker out & didn't allow him the chance to fight standing up. He took him down & just layed on him for 3 rounds & Walker was completely out of it after the 1st round, he has no lungs whatsoever.

Advertisement
****!

Burns just caught Maia with mean left hook & stunned him, he got the stoppage.

Krylov got the W.

He put together a good strategy, he just completely gassed Walker out & didn't allow him the chance to fight standing up. He took him down & just layed on him for 3 rounds & Walker was completely out of it after the 1st round, he has no lungs whatsoever.
You called that fight to a T, man. Sounds like he withstood the initial flurry and then suffocated him on the ground. Thanks again for the tips! Was nice to get a cash on Dead Sports Day.

I figure this board can appreciate this Kevin Hart story about gambling in Vegas, the actual story starts around 2:00 and is hilarious... very relatable

Advertisement
Back