OT - Frank Ladson

Agree to disagree... that mentality is part of the problem. People think because we have players from Florida we should be better than everyone we play, when in reality, it seems that every team we play is equal or better than us regardless of where they are from.

Our best players in recent years have been out of state or transferred. Yeah, Rousseau is local, but in recent years, how many other highly rated players have we gotten locally that lived up to their ranking?
For the 100th time...

The University of Miami's roster does not represent all recruits from the state of Florida!
Florida kids kill it at alabama. Their entire starting secondary last season was from South Florida. South Florida kids excel at Ohio state, Clemson, Ole miss, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Pitt, etc etc etc.

How hard is this to understand? We aren't getting the elite kids from Florida. (plus we're not developing the ones that we do get)

You're actually sitting here arguing with cold facts, which is what I don't understand.

Advertisement

👆🏻 Why you still can’t ignore FL. Half the population of CA, 2/3 the population of TX, still the most players. GA is impressive though per capita- 10 million ppl and 134 players is a **** of a rate of return.

Florida’s per capita gets watered because of retirees.

Need to keep hitting GA hard.

Frank Ladson is South Florida talent... you wanna keep going? Grimes, Rosemey, Lingard (Orlando). I can name more busts than stars. But go ahead and keep defending it. The state of Florida produces a ton of players, all I'm asking is to tell me about all the offensive stars over the last 10 years that I haven't mentioned.

Our 6 best pass catchers in the past 5 years are Berrios, Osborn, Rambo, Njoku, Herndon, and Jordan (minus Ahmmon Richards)... all out of state. I'm sticking by my argument

Deejay Dallas, Gus Edwards, Jeff Thomas, all out of state.

Pope, Bruce, Mullins, Payton, Wiggins, Redding, Hightower, Yearby, Irvin Jr, etc. All in state
I think Hightower’s really California. He went to IMG for a bit if I recall

this is bs. what they were saying. you are right Macho this is um fans looking at kids that have regressed here and apply it all over. if we had different coaches, watch how different how our players would develop.
You do realize that the title of the thread is Frank Ladson and he is being coached at Clemson. I also mentioned Grimes who was coached by osu and the gaytor. Lingard (nothing changed when he got new coaches) Leonard Manuel uf, Rosemey at Georgia. Xavier Willams bama, etc.

I have also made a list acknowledging all the South Florida skill players that have made an impact in the NFL.

It just so happens to be that we have had some of the worst luck with the skill players from South Florida, in the last 10 years.

The whole point of this thread is to show that some highly ranked South Florida dudes don't pan out, regardless of who the coaches are and what school they attend.

Last edited:
For the 100th time...

The University of Miami's roster does not represent all recruits from the state of Florida!
Florida kids kill it at alabama. Their entire starting secondary last season was from South Florida. South Florida kids excel at Ohio state, Clemson, Ole miss, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Pitt, etc etc etc.

How hard is this to understand? We aren't getting the elite kids from Florida. (plus we're not developing the ones that we do get)

You're actually sitting here arguing with cold facts, which is what I don't understand.
I expect you to defend South Florida players, as you should. I'm just seeing things differently over the last 10 years. I acknowledged all the "Skill Players" that made an impact in the league. (And I never said anything about defense, so no need to bring that up). I also acknowledged that Florida produces a ton of talent.

I was trying to make a point on the overall expectations of players that come from this region. We tend to expect them to be better than everyone else because of it and that's not the case.

As for speed, when you look at the wrs at bama, lsu and osu recently (Ruggs, Smith, Waddle, Jameson Williams.. Beckham, Jefferson, Chase, Marshall.. Olave, Wilson, Thomas, Samuel, McLaurin) none of them from Florida. I mentioned Cooper, Ridley, and Jeudy. But Florida isn't the only place where dudes are fast.

There are 32 teams in the NFL so there are 64-96 wrs that get major playing time. Of those 96, Cooper, Ridley, Anderson, Jeudy, M Brown, and A Brown are making noise. That's 6 wrs out of 64 plus. Maybe guys like Swain, Moore, Schwartz, Watkins and McKenzie will make a few plays too. But of the 32 best wrs, Florida has 3 of them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I expect you to defend South Florida players, as you should. I'm just seeing things differently over the last 10 years. I acknowledged all the "Skill Players" that made an impact in the league. (And I never said anything about defense, so no need to bring that up). I also acknowledged that Florida produces a ton of talent.

I was trying to make a point on the overall expectations of players that come from this region. We tend to expect them to be better than everyone else because of it and that's not the case.

As for speed, when you look at the wrs at bama, lsu and osu recently (Ruggs, Smith, Waddle, Jameson Williams.. Beckham, Jefferson, Chase, Marshall.. Olave, Wilson, Thomas, Samuel, McLaurin) none of them from Florida. I mentioned Cooper, Ridley, and Jeudy. But Florida isn't the only place where dudes are fast.

There are 32 teams in the NFL so there are 64-96 wrs that get major playing time. Of those 96, Cooper, Ridley, Anderson, Jeudy, M Brown, and A Brown are making noise. That's 6 wrs out of 64 plus. Maybe guys like Swain, Moore, Schwartz, Watkins and McKenzie will make a few plays too. But of the 32 best wrs, Florida has 3 of them.
You're moving the goalpost a lot bro.

Fact of the matter is..

THE STATE OF FLORIDA PRODUCES THE MOST ELITE FOOTBALL TALENT IN THE WORLD.
There's no arguing that. You wanna talk about who's faster and blah blah blah. There's fast kids from all over the place - but generally a team full of South Florida kids is gonna be faster than a team full of kids from anywhere else. Even college coaches will tell you that. (I talk to them)

That 4-star Louisiana kid that was once committed to LSU transferred to Western High School (Davie) recently and the general opinion around here is "he ain't like that".
TRANSLATION - He ain't doin **** down here, and ain't even the best WR at Western High. The Chaminade DB's clowned him and literally called him "a$$".

People can’t accept that south Florida football is watered down. Ladson is overrated. TS is overrated. Chad Thomas was overrated. Marcus Forston, Nesta Silvera, etc.

Urban Meyer said something to the effect that south Florida players are very raw, unpolished, and poorly coached. That’s why he recruited few. The kids here are very hard to project. **** most these schools in south Florida don’t have strength staffs
Nick Saban seems to have missed that memo

your goal post moving is beginning to make it a 200 yd field.

There's a good number of wr's you left off from s.fla alone.
Albert Wilson, John Brown,Willie Snead, T.Y. Hilton

Then the rest of fla guys like: Marquez Valdes Scantling, Trequan Smith, Diontae Johnson etc

Nick Saban seems to have missed that memo

Any Meyer was pulling tons of kids from South Florida when he was at UF and got quite a few or recruited the elite prospects while at OSU. I don’t know what that poster was talking about. I wonder what’s their solution? Stop recruiting south Florida or prioritizing other regions? If we can’t identify the right talent in our backyard what makes them expect for us to do so with oos recruits? Look at Zay Flowers, Elijah Moore, Deven Thompsons, Javon Heiligh, etc. There are kids killing college football that weren’t highly recruited. We just need to find a better way to identify talent.

Advertisement
You're moving the goalpost a lot bro.

Fact of the matter is..

THE STATE OF FLORIDA PRODUCES THE MOST ELITE FOOTBALL TALENT IN THE WORLD.
There's no arguing that. You wanna talk about who's faster and blah blah blah. There's fast kids from all over the place - but generally a team full of South Florida kids is gonna be faster than a team full of kids from anywhere else. Even college coaches will tell you that. (I talk to them)

That 4-star Louisiana kid that was once committed to LSU transferred to Western High School (Davie) recently and the general opinion around here is "he ain't like that".
TRANSLATION - He ain't doin **** down here, and ain't even the best WR at Western High. The Chaminade DB's clowned him and literally called him "a$$".

comingtoamerica-****-you.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Frank Ladson and Kris Bogle hit the transfer portal. Two former recruits who left. Tyrique Stephenson left for Georgia and returned to the Canes to boost his draft stock. Maybe the new coach should kick the tires on these potential transfers

He was the can’t miss 5 star prospect few years ago. Now he’s in the transfer portal with a career 31 rec for 428 yards. Crazy how everyone Richt whiffed on between 2018-2019 are either entering the portal or being drafted late.
Just to be fair, his qb can't complete a forward pass. I wouldn't have been real thrilled in that offense all year.

Advertisement
Back