OT - Frank Ladson

I was one of them i had him on the line of Pope.
I dont trust those DOWN SOUTH WRS. The talent level is typically questionable and they still dont put up big numbers in high school.

Yea I remember you bringing it up. I think they build their reputation off 7v7 & camps. I need my wide receivers to show some semblance of being a well rounded WR.

Advertisement
All that says is that we aren’t getting the best talent. Jeudy & Ridley are ballin. Jackson & Bridgewater are ballin. Current there is 3 starting qbs in the NFL from Florida and neither of them attended UM. Forget even the stars like Amari Cooper but we didn’t you have Robbie Anderson from South Plantation High who went to Temple and was an unstaffed free agent that had over 1k receiving yards last year. You have TY Hilton (older now) who went to FIU and was a 2nd rounder getting multiple 1k yard seasons.

We can’t say Florida is overrated because we recruited the wrong players. I mean 3 south Florida qbs are starting in the NFL. We were closer to all of them than they were to any other school.
Correct, I've mentioned Cooper and Ridley. Acknowledge Bridgewater and Jackson. TY was definitely a stud but I was specific about last 10 years

Have you named any offensive player from the U in the last 10 years outside of Lamar Miller? I realize Hurns and Benjamin made contributions but do you see what I'm trying to point out yet or do you want to switch the topic to defense?
You’ve now changed the argument from being about lack of talent in all of Florida, to saying Florida isn’t faster than other places, to saying there’s no legit offensive players from the U in the NFL.

Now, if you had said the 3rd argument first, you would’ve never seen disagreement for me, as that is the one accurate statement you made.

But to say Florida is lacking skill talent, especially South Florida, that’s just irresponsible.

You’re right. I think the op is frustrated because we aren’t getting the stars. I mean players like Robbie Anderson & TY Hilton got 1k yard seasons and that’s Temple & FIU players. Broward and Dade athletes. We didn’t offer either (although TY recruitment was weird… I think we offered to put him on a hoops ride).
We aren’t getting the stars- no doubt about that. As I addressed to him, had that been his first point, would’ve been no counter from me.

But he’s moved the goal posts 3 times now, after using Frank Ladson as the justification that Florida doesn’t produce talent. Odd hill to die on.

Yea I remember you bringing it up. I think they build their reputation off 7v7 & camps. I need my wide receivers to show some semblance of being a well rounded WR.
They do for the most part which is why im always weary of them from down south of coconut grove

Advertisement
You’ve now changed the argument from being about lack of talent in all of Florida, to saying Florida isn’t faster than other places, to saying there’s no legit offensive players from the U in the NFL.

Now, if you had said the 3rd argument first, you would’ve never seen disagreement for me, as that is the one accurate statement you made.

But to say Florida is lacking skill talent, especially South Florida, that’s just irresponsible.
And you've yet to mention 1 player that I haven't. I haven't changed my stance at all...

People can’t accept that south Florida football is watered down. Ladson is overrated. TS is overrated. Chad Thomas was overrated. Marcus Forston, Nesta Silvera, etc.

Urban Meyer said something to the effect that south Florida players are very raw, unpolished, and poorly coached. That’s why he recruited few. The kids here are very hard to project. **** most these schools in south Florida don’t have strength staffs
Please pass this information on to Nick Saban. I would really like for him to stop recruiting south Florida.

He’s always hurt and has never been the best reciever on the team. Hard to get touches when you’re on the bench or the 3rd option.

Nine of the first 91 picks in the 2021 draft were from Broward and Dade County, 8 of whom were skill position players.

So that’s 9 from 2 counties, 82 from the remaining 3240 counties in the U.S.

Advertisement
Nine of the first 91 picks in the 2021 draft were from Broward and Dade County, 8 of whom were skill position players.

So that’s 9 from 2 counties, 82 from the remaining 3240 counties in the U.S.
10% of the first three rounds were from two counties. Yup. South Florida talent totally dried up.

Wait, that can’t be right. There were two Dade/Broward kids picked in the first round but they both play defense. Pat Surtain and Greg Rousseau.

The NFL says otherwise.

(why are we still having this conversation)
Because the best NFL players from the U on offense the last 10 years have all been from out of state or transfers. I mentioned Lamar Miller, Hurns, and Benjamin... let me know know who I'm missing?

And uf's 2 best players on offense last year drafted in rd 1, both out of state (Toney and Pitts)

Advertisement
Please pass this information on to Nick Saban. I would really like for him to stop recruiting south Florida.
Exactly you can’t name a few and say it’s watered down but the 1st round picks from soFla that attended other schools say otherwise. We have guys going D2 and having long careers in the NFL. We just aren’t getting the right athletes.

That's like saying not every Brazilian prospect will turn into a world class soccer player.
Which is true but reality is no one produces better and more soccer players than Brazil.
Same goes for football and South florida. Best place to find players and good ones is south florida and the state of florida as a whole.
So Fla is a good place to find skill position players. For linemen, it's nowheresville.

Advertisement
Because the best NFL players from the U on offense the last 10 years have all been from out of state or transfers. I mentioned Lamar Miller, Hurns, and Benjamin... let me know know who I'm missing?

And uf's 2 best players on offense last year drafted in rd 1, both out of state (Toney and Pitts)
It’s saying neither UM or FSU are getting the best players out the state.

We got to stop being salty. Florida athletes are playing for programs from all over the country. We can’t name a few who didn’t meet expectations to determine that the state is overrated. That’s confirmation bias. I mean Michael Carter is from Navarre, Fl. He went to UNC and ran for 300+ yards on us last year. We just aren’t getting the best players.

👆🏻 Why you still can’t ignore FL. Half the population of CA, 2/3 the population of TX, still the most players. GA is impressive though per capita- 10 million ppl and 134 players is a **** of a rate of return.

I would be interested in seeing how many of those Florida kids were 4 and 5 stars. My guess is a bunch weren’t.

Which is why i want our next coach to be a coach, a developer of talent, and someone with an eye for talent, rather than just a recruiter.

You can throw a rock in Florida and find NFL players. Get some coaches in here that can identify them and develop.

That’s why i lean toward an nfl coach. Someone who knows what NFL talent looks like when he sees it.

I would be interested in seeing how many of those Florida kids were 4 and 5 stars. My guess is a bunch weren’t.

Which is why i want our next coach to be a coach, a developer of talent, and someone with an eye for talent, rather than just a recruiter.

You can throw a rock in Florida and find NFL players. Get some coaches in here that can identify them and develop.

That’s why i lean toward an nfl coach. Someone who knows what NFL talent looks like when he sees it.
This article claims the opposite. 66% of NFL First round Picks were 4 or 5 stars. That’s a pretty solid hit rate considering how many prospects there are coming out of high school. It’s not Florida-specific but I can’t imagine they are hitting on that percentage everywhere else and Florida only is a dud.

https://247sports.com/Article/nfl-d...ollege-football-sleeper-247-sports-146550794/

Advertisement
Back