OT: Former Packers DB Sam Shields Now Says He Regrets NFL Career (SI)

Classic "I got screwed so other should suffer like I did" mentality. Nil is fine, kids should be able to make money off of their talent. Amazing how capitalism is fine, until "Those People" start getting paid. I've never heard ANYONE say anything about the Cavinder Twins getting paid.

That's not about skin color. The Cavender twins combine sexiness with athletic skills. Maria Sharipova style. That's entertainment. J Lo and Beyonce aren't white but they're worth paying serious marketing dollars for.

Advertisement
Young man did better than even we expected. Was considered a bust for most of his time here and made a decent career. Guess what, the older you get the fewer friends you have. Live your life and go build houses.

I mean he did "better than expected" after he looked like a bust that flamed out—after coming in with high expectations and underachieving.

The fact he switched position and made it in the NFL (after a lackluster college career) is proof how naturally gifted he was and how good he could've been if he applied himself earlier on.

Football is always a means to an end, it's not the meaning of life. Lots of guys reset their lives when their playing days are over—and as mentioned above, friends come and go. All you need are a few good ones and your family. Having a ton of friends is a young man's game and you realize how many fake-*** busters most of them are over time.

I ended up cutting ties with three long-time friend when I got to my 40's as I reevaluated the friendships and all they were all either clowns, takers, liars or simply misguided with different core values and I didn't want to be around that as a husband, father, brother and son. I had more important things to focus on.

That's not about skin color. The Cavender twins combine sexiness with athletic skills. Maria Sharipova style. That's entertainment. J Lo and Beyonce aren't white but they're worth paying serious marketing dollars for.
You are missing the point. They are still student athletes, getting paid. Them being hot helps a lot, but I'm willing to bet that if they were BIPOC, the stupid think pieces would flow like wine. No one said a peep about Ewers getting big money, but the moment mostly Black and Latino student athletes get paid, the sport is under attack.

He played in the nfl, has a degree, well known in south Florida. He has access and networking He's probably not even aware of to transition to a great job.
And he doesn’t have to worry about financial security, probably for the rest of his life, if he invests properly. That’s a huge burden off of his mind…

Advertisement
I feel sooo bad for this guy.

he only has one friend and his familly don’t call him anymore.

welcome to the real world kid

I guess calling his family himself and working out how all parties feel is out of the question? Grow up.

I feel bad for the guy, but he seemingly lacks the maturity or experience to understand that once you no longer have $, a lot of "friends" won't be interested in you any more.

He could have a career as a speaker on issues like this. Hopefully change some minds of kids these days with their handlers and leeches.

Advertisement
True about having less friends as you age. I am there. I used to enjoy the show "Boston Legal" and envied the ending where
William Shatner and James Spader would sit on a balcony, with drinks and cigars and have meaningful friendly conversations. I miss that with my friends who have passed away. If you have an elderly friend or family member they would love to have you sit and converse, it would please them and you just might learn something from their experiences, especially veterans. Aging and being a widower makes one rather lonely yet we enjoy most human contact. Give Grandpa or Grandma a hug when you can and make their day.

Advertisement
Sam sounds like a retired, punch drunk boxer, sad. He was a hard hitter here on special teams, probably the best gunner in UM history.

I must say.....you are one loyal sun of a gun. You would die on any sword for those coming outta the HECHT.

I dont know why Don Soldinger is brought up....but yea...Randy Shannon was fired and has never been a HC since. If you think Glenn Cook should have been playing over Willie Williams i dont know what to tell you..and i grew up with Cook as well. Funny you brought up Lawrence Phillips as he was a coach on my college staff for a year and yea....WW wasnt Lawqrence Phillips.

Ornery *** dudes like Shannon and Soldinger think the same way

Randy was scared of talent (see Arthur Brown never playing a snap here), but Willie Williams was a ******* up before and after He left UM, both can be true.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back