OT - Floyd Mayweather

Mayweather does one thing really really well, Box. MMA guys, are all around fighters the vast majority of which have been wrestling their whole lives. Mayweather will not come close to beating even a good high school wrestler on the mat.
I agree, that's why I said if he serious about it he should focus on trying to get a belt in BJJ before he even sets foot in the octagon, which is something that would take years of work.

Advertisement
I assume it has to do with Mayweather being most comfortable when he was fighting at around 130(he actually had solid power at that weight). I don't think PBF will actually cut down to 126 to fight him and will probably do a catch weight. I think if the fight stays standings PBF will wreck him. PBF is 10x the athlete Tenshin is and will be way to fast for Tenshin to actually land one of his kicks on mayweather unless he establishes his punching game first(which will be impossible he would KOd early if he goes that route). Tenshin has enough ground game to straight dominate if he can get the fight to the ground. I think that is his only chance(unless mayweather has massively slowed down since retiring).

Trying to establish a jab in MMA without a TD defense is going to be tough. All the fighter needs to do is eat 1 jab and clinch up. From there it is over. That is why I would have more confidence in a slugger or someone with power transitioning to MMA.
Agreed with that 100%.

The thing that I think would doom Floyd is he's not used to defending kicks, Tenshin is a skilled enough technician to set him up with leg kicks all night just to get Floyd to start reacting to it, then once he's been lulled to sleep that phantom head kick to the temple would knock May out clean. And any fight for May that goes to ground ends in a quick stoppage or tap, he just doesn't have the skills.

And you right about the slugger/brawler type, because that's basically what Derrick Lewis is, he's just a Power punching haymaker thrower, no ground game at all lol. Although, Kimbo (RIP) struggled from transitioning to being a Brawler to a true MMA fighter. The best MMA fighters tend to be elite skilled guys with Kickboxing, Wrestling or BJJ backgrounds.

Mayweather does one thing really really well, Box. MMA guys, are all around fighters the vast majority of which have been wrestling their whole lives. Mayweather will not come close to beating even a good high school wrestler on the mat.

Good thing he is trying to compete in wrestling. He would massacre a HS wrestler in an MMA match.

Agreed with that 100%.

The thing that I think would doom Floyd is he's not used to defending kicks, Tenshin is a skilled enough technician to set him up with leg kicks all night just to get Floyd to start reacting to it, then once he's been lulled to sleep that phantom head kick to the temple would knock May out clean. And any fight for May that goes to ground ends in a quick stoppage or tap, he just doesn't have the skills.

And you right about the slugger/brawler type, because that's basically what Derrick Lewis is, he's just a Power punching haymaker thrower, no ground game at all lol. Although, Kimbo (RIP) struggled from transitioning to being a Brawler to a true MMA fighter. The best MMA fighters tend to be elite skilled guys with Kickboxing, Wrestling or BJJ backgrounds.

Agree with Derrik Lewis and he has nowhere near the chin or power of an elite slugger in boxing. A top slugger would wreak havoc in the UFC, but it would be foolish to do that because they would make much more money in boxing.

The thing about Kimbo was not really a boxer all of his matches were against tomato cans and he looked terrible boxing them. He also has a glass jaw and got KOd by a fadeaway jab off one foot by Seth Petruzelli.

The reason the top MMA guys are kickboxers, wrestlers, BJJ, guys are because winning the abu dhabi championship or similar events gets you paid basically nothing. Unless you are Jordan Burroughs good at wrestling you won't be getting paid top dollar(and that is why Burroughs isn't going into UFC he makes more money wrestling) and the kickboxers get paid chump change(Espeically the ones from thailand). Boxers get paid way to much to transition into UFC. Its like trying to figure out why the elite NFL players don't try and compete in Rugby(the answer is money). The elite MMA guys are nowhere near as genetically gifted as the top boxers.

I agree about tenshin. His best bet is to try and rely on leg kicks, but I am also sure Mayweather will spend the majority of his time practicing checking them leading up to this fight. Mayweather also has a quick enough jab that I think he will be able to use his footwork to avoid the leg kicks while also being able to set up some power shots with his jab.

Advertisement
Why dont Floyd go the other way and get the kid in a boxing ring, he is giving up a ton of years, just wwondering, i dont watch this stuff. Muhammad Ali was my hero coming up, he was the goat, everybody else were pretenders. You guys didnt get to see the golden days of boxing when the heavy's ruled the earth, Ali, Joe, Norton, Shavers, Big George, man there were some badasses back then. And you know what, there was never any doubt who won like today, because somebody got knocked the fok out, here i go with the good ole days again, Ali, my Canes, Elvis, so glad i got to see all that..

Advertisement
Why dont Floyd go the other way and get the kid in a boxing ring, he is giving up a ton of years, just wwondering, i dont watch this stuff. Muhammad Ali was my hero coming up, he was the goat, everybody else were pretenders. You guys didnt get to see the golden days of boxing when the heavy's ruled the earth, Ali, Joe, Norton, Shavers, Big George, man there were some badasses back then. And you know what, there was never any doubt who won like today, because somebody got knocked the fok out, here i go with the good ole days again, Ali, my Canes, Elvis, so glad i got to see all that..

LOL there was arguably more robberies and thrown fights in those days then there are today.

Advertisement
Yo wtf was that.
A thrown fight for $67million Rizin is paying Floyd $49mill upfront & the rest will come from backend pay. Tenshin got a huge amount of money as well lol.

What a complete joke, I actually thought Mayweather would be above doing a gimmick match like that, but I guess money is money so... Lol

A thrown fight for $67million Rizin is paying Floyd $49mill upfront & the rest will come from backend pay. Tenshin got a huge amount of money as well lol.

What a complete joke, I actually thought Mayweather would be above doing a gimmick match like that, but I guess money is money so... Lol
Excuse me???? How much did Floyd take home from this fight again?

Advertisement
Cmon Floyd doesnt look like FM and still killed this dude,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these guys are small and arent boxers.

I didnt think it was rigged I think that kid was over matched, Floyd late in his career knows who to pick that wont cause him to much trouble because he isnt the same fighter. The last time FM looked like FM was vs Pac and that was an old FM also vs CA and he raped both of them

@OriginalGatorHater brooooo LMAO!!!

They actually had a "Boxing match", that sh*t looked like an outtake from a bad movie LOL!

LMAOOOO holy schit bro. I can't believe that is how that schit went down. It looked like some bootleg you get at the barbershop title Rocky Talboa meets Jackie Chun. Tenshin was really exagerating every knockdown too with his crazy hand waving and schit lol.

Funnies schit was Money clowing him like it was impressive that he was beating up a kickboxer who he has 20 pounds on lmao. Who is Money going to fight next? Jordan Burroughs in a boxing match? Maybe Rubens charles?

Advertisement
Back