OT: Flowers

Advertisement
New York is a tough place to play LT as a rookie. Look at Andrew Thomas.

Flowers was the youngest player in the league, hated the media and was out of position. Bad mix. He’s 26 now making $10 million a year in Miami and moving people as a guard. It’s a great fit.

You want mauling guards with Tua because he needs to step up in the pocket as a shorter guy. Brees was at his best with Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks. Flowers fits that mold.

Advertisement
Glad to see him turn around career, but folks are being kind about his performance in New York. He was an unmitigated disaster.

Talent is talent, another one of art kehoe's 1st round picks for all the numb nutz who said coach kehoe couldn't coach, that man still has several o-linemen balling in the league and at one time, one of them was the highest paid o-linemen. That is the one move where coach richt definitely phucked up, but coach richt is know to keep it real, so if he does didn't mess with you like that back than, he not gone do it now, although it was on him an his attitude back than, coach richt had that jw15 in em back in the days, the "if I don't start, I'm transferring" back than the players were gone call a wafflin **** out!

Glad to see him turn around career, but folks are being kind about his performance in New York. He was an unmitigated disaster.
Thats 3 teams ago, he was fantastic with Washington last year which earned him a 10 million a year deal in the offseason and he’s been great this year. Flowers always been a guard and not a tackle and that transition has really helped him

Advertisement
New York is a tough place to play LT as a rookie. Look at Andrew Thomas.

Flowers was the youngest player in the league, hated the media and was out of position. Bad mix. He’s 26 now making $10 million a year in Miami and moving people as a guard. It’s a great fit.

You want mauling guards with Tua because he needs to step up in the pocket as a shorter guy. Brees was at his best with Jahri Evans and Carl Nicks. Flowers fits that mold.

Flowers was pretty good in Jacksonville after bouncing over from the Giants and then was pretty good with the Football Team and now pretty good with the Dolphins.

FWIW - Andrew Thomas is playing much better as a rookie than Ereck Flowers. Flowers was a penalty machine with NYG. Thomas, only one penalty so far. Similar number of sacks allowed.

According to PFF, Thomas this year and Flowers this year are not far off in terms of grade.

He wasn't good in NY but he wasn't a disaster either. Too many penalties but the sacks were fine - certainly better than Solder or Thomas. His pff scores were also fine, especially for the run.

But he looks like he's having fun now, in Wash and Miami. He's the first guy to congratulate a back. Hope he has a very long lucrative career.

Like Vernon and Miller, I love guys who played high school, college, and pro all in Miami.

Advertisement
Flowers was pretty good in Jacksonville after bouncing over from the Giants and then was pretty good with the Football Team and now pretty good with the Dolphins.

FWIW - Andrew Thomas is playing much better as a rookie than Ereck Flowers. Flowers was a penalty machine with NYG. Thomas, only one penalty so far. Similar number of sacks allowed.

According to PFF, Thomas this year and Flowers this year are not far off in terms of grade.
Thomas has been a disaster this year

I've watched 0 NYG games...but PFF says he's been 61.7 grade (which is like...average) with 1 penalty and 5 sacks allowed.

I'd wager "disaster" is probably hyperbole.

I was looking at a few articles earlier this week, some say he's been getting better, some point to the way the Giants are using OL (rotating a ton of players), and one of his OL Coaches say he's fvcked with his technique.

Sounds like a rookie season with no off-season, idk.

FWIW - Ereck Flowers was a 54.9 rated rookie with the Giants.

Thought he was a RT coming into the league. Great to see him find his groove at Guard, though. Hopefully, Austin Jackson finds his way and continues to grow. Guy turned 21 in August, so he's got time. If he does and the Phins can add 2-3 skill position guys - especially an RB and dynamic WR - they've got something going there. They may have 4 picks in this upcoming draft's first 50. Although I do see a couple of those early picks being aimed at dynamic defenders.

Advertisement
Sorry, but describing him as a disaster is a reach. Thomas struggled early, but has been better of late. He was behind because there was no off-season program. Then, he was supposed to get feet wet playing RT only to have veteran LT Nate Solder opt out. So he was thrown in to LT with minimal preparation & onto a weak OL.
Likely to stick at OT, unlike Flowers who was a disaster at the position.

Was just reading article about the Phins Oline, and its impressive how well he is playing. He really didn't look too good for the NYG, but great to see him getting his groove with his hometown team. SIAP

Well...he was probably never as bad as the Giants said he was, and he was probably never as good as his draft position. He's still a talented kid who needed to regain his confidence and technique to get back to doing what he was capable of doing.

I've watched 0 NYG games...but PFF says he's been 61.7 grade (which is like...average) with 1 penalty and 5 sacks allowed.

I'd wager "disaster" is probably hyperbole.

I was looking at a few articles earlier this week, some say he's been getting better, some point to the way the Giants are using OL (rotating a ton of players), and one of his OL Coaches say he's fvcked with his technique.

Sounds like a rookie season with no off-season, idk.

FWIW - Ereck Flowers was a 54.9 rated rookie with the Giants.
He also had a 69.7 in year 2

If the Fins can end up with a top 3 pick (thanks Corch *** Chin) and select Penei Sewell, then we be cooking with gas.

Advertisement
Back