OT: First video from Mars

Advertisement
Medicare waste, fraud and abuse was 28.91 billion in 2019.

Fraudsters always be frauding. But government waste is everywhere, and most definitely at NASA...

In 1965 NASA ordered 34 mechanical pencils from Tycam Engineering Manufacturing.
They paid $128.89 per pencil, or $4,382.50 in total.
Adjusted for inflation, that would be like spending about $1K per mechanical pencil today.

1613766704601.png

Advertisement
8 years, 10 billion dollars, 50 million miles all for 20 seconds of grainy footage that looks like it was taken from my grandmother’s back yard in Tucson. Color me unimpressed.

Guys do the same thing for a hot piece of *** on the regular for about the same amount of time.

At least this is another planet.

Fraudsters always be frauding. But government waste is everywhere, and most definitely at NASA...

In 1965 NASA ordered 34 mechanical pencils from Tycam Engineering Manufacturing.
They paid $128.89 per pencil, or $4,382.50 in total.
Adjusted for inflation, that would be like spending about $1K per mechanical pencil today.

The military wastes more money than any other government agency.
Especially during war time when they have a blank check.

Advertisement
8 years, 10 billion dollars, 50 million miles all for 20 seconds of grainy footage that looks like it was taken from my grandmother’s back yard in Tucson. Color me unimpressed.
2.7 billion, 128 million miles.

Advertisement
But I have a choice whether to buy a corporation's products and subsidize that. I have no choice but to pay for government waste through higher taxes.

Still can’t believe this place took me for $25.

2.7 billion, 128 million miles.
Was just a round guess based on Mars’ distance from earth, but I just looked it up and we were both wrong. Perseverance travelled over 292 million miles. So that means... something.

Advertisement
Was just a round guess based on Mars’ distance from earth, but I just looked it up and we were both wrong. Perseverance travelled over 292 million miles. So that means... something.
Mostly because everything is orbiting the sun. Mars is just a tad under 128 million miles away though.

Advertisement
Back