OT: Fight Game Question

The two fights that never happened I would have loved to see was:

Floyd Mayweather vs Felix Trinidad

Floyd Mayweather vs Kostya Tszyu

Does anybody know why those ones never happened?

IIRC May was supposed to fight Tszyu after he Spaghetti legged Zab Judah.

Advertisement
The two fights that never happened I would have loved to see was:

Floyd Mayweather vs Felix Trinidad

Floyd Mayweather vs Kostya Tszyu

Does anybody know why those ones never happened?

IIRC May was supposed to fight Tszyu after he Spaghetti legged Zab Judah.

Good question on both-maybe money or promotor politics

Hawk Jackson was a baaaad bad man... Probably has the strongest pure punching power of any fighter ever.

Liberty, I think I would put Ernie Shavers ahead of the Hawk. Ali said Ernie was the hardest puncher he ever fought against. Harder than George Foreman, who was a true wrecking machine.

Another guy I would've liked to see Floyd fight was Hector 'Macho' Comacho, who, probably has the title of 'worlds coolest nickname'. xD

He's had 5 KO's since 2001. Stop. I'm not saying he can't knock someone out i'm saying he'd rather dancing slapbox. That's his style. Lame as ****.
Floyd was a power puncher before he had hand problems. I remember how he starched Diego Corrales with ease. Floyd fought smart in higher weights.

Advertisement
Ali in his prime.

Contender in today's world???

Do his skills transcend eras?
Is this a trick question?

Ali is greatest boxer ever, regardless of any era.

Now, Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong & Joe Louis are all also in the discussion, but there's no question Ali's skills transcend all era's.

His speed, Defensive style, footwork & raw punching ability was spectacular. His reach was one of the best tools a Heavyweight ever had & his ability to break his opponents down mentally is what gave him an unmatched edge.

He also has arguably one the best resumes ever in Boxing history, he Sonny Liston twice, Floyd Patterson twice, Karl Mildenberger, Jerry Quarry, Bob Foster, Ken Norton, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Ron Lyle, Earnie Shavers & Leon Spinks. And had he not gotten sick he would've whooped Larry Holmes & Trevor Berbick.

As far as Heavyweights is concerned there is none greater than Ali & he fought in the greatest era of Heavyweights ever. Had he fought in his prime in today's era which is legitimately one of/if not the worst era of Heavyweights he would breeze through the division without any trouble whatsoever.

There's not a single Heavyweight in today's era over the last 15-20 years who could even come close to being halfway as good as Ali was. He would demoralize every single one of them today & it's not even close.

Is this a trick question?

Ali is greatest boxer ever, regardless of any era.

Now, Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong & Joe Louis are all also in the discussion, but there's no question Ali's skills transcend all era's.

His speed, Defensive style, footwork & raw punching ability was spectacular. His reach was one of the best tools a Heavyweight ever had & his ability to break his opponents down mentally is what gave him an unmatched edge.

He also has arguably one the best resumes ever in Boxing history, he Sonny Liston twice, Floyd Patterson twice, Karl Mildenberger, Jerry Quarry, Bob Foster, Ken Norton, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Ron Lyle, Earnie Shavers & Leon Spinks. And had he not gotten sick he would've whooped Larry Holmes & Trevor Berbick.

As far as Heavyweights is concerned there is none greater than Ali & he fought in the greatest era of Heavyweights ever. Had he fought in his prime in today's era which is legitimately one of/if not the worst era of Heavyweights he would breeze through the division without any trouble whatsoever.

There's not a single Heavyweight in today's era over the last 15-20 years who could even come close to being halfway as good as Ali was. He would demoralize every single one of them today & it's not even close.
He'd be giving up a mile in reach to some of the monsters walking around at HW these days.

Ali would even be better in this era because guys don't go 15 rounds anymore.

It also might've lengthened his career because Frazier I and III shortened his life by about 10 years alone.

George Foreman showed by beating Moorer that those fighters from the 60's and 70's were Tanks with teeth.

Foreman even fought Holyfield, and while Holyfield won, Foreman rocked him pushing 44.

George Foreman would be a phenom today, and I think he would roflstomp Tyson in his prime.

I could not imagine Tyson getting inside Foremans guard; no doubt he could, but he would recieve a tremendous amount of punishment just getting close.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back