OT Fields at OSU

Advertisement
Not necessarily true. Depends on the student and the school they transfer to. I mean you just Baker Mayfield, K Murray, Minshew, Brady White, Joe Burrow, Shea Patterson, Stindham, Marcus McMarrion, even Russel Wilson. Most of the names I listed was from last year alone.
Y'all n
Maaannnn...Even Frank Costa could've made that throw....
😂😂😂😂Frank Costa wow😂😂😂best post of the thread

That’s the issue. You’re assuming that it’s rare when it’s really not. That’s why you can’t make blanket statements. I named at least 5 qbs off the top of my head from last year. There are certainly more. We’ll see what happens with Fields. But you can’t just assume that transfer qbs don’t pan out most of the time. That’s just flawed. And we can go back decades to disapprove that. We have even witness the worst qbs ball out when they transfer. I mean look at Jeff Driscoll he balled out once he left Florida. Will Grier. You watch too much football to just make a silly generalized statement like that.
The QB's from Miami that transferred are doing what right now? Just think that's one school. If we getting technical with % Dwins probably wins. For every QB you name that ended up starting there's so many others that didn't. Miami backs that %up.

The QB's from Miami that transferred are doing what right now? Just think that's one school. If we getting technical with % Dwins probably wins. For every QB you name that ended up starting there's so many others that didn't. Miami backs that %up.

Every transfer is different. Some transfer to compete for a starting job, some transfer to be closer to home, some transfer to follow a coach and become depth like Carson Proctor etc.

Advertisement
I don't really follow Ohio State much but Ryan Day, who was Urban's OC last year and got his coaching start as a GA under Urban at Florida, is changing the offense?

Supposedly Day's offense is complicated. Fields just said in an interview after their spring game that he has about half of it down. Pretty sure Tate and Haskins both said it took them at least a year to really get it down.

There's alot of talk on the OSU board about having to reduce the amount of QB runs, etc now due to lack of back up QBs. It's Fields' strength but they can't risk injury. Interesting situation

Every transfer is different. Some transfer to compete for a starting job, some transfer to be closer to home, some transfer to follow a coach and become depth like Carson Proctor etc.
I got you, if you look at it I understand both sides arguement just think %are with Dwins

I got you, if you look at it I understand both sides arguement just think %are with Dwins

I think the high profile recruits that come in to start, do just that more often than not. These kids choose situations that favor them. What is rare is when u see a situation like Tates where he comes in to compete with other 4⭐ QBs and it really is a toss up. But more often than not coaches are making these kids guarantees or the kid is going into a favorable situation.

I think the high profile recruits that come in to start, do just that more often than not. These kids choose situations that favor them. What is rare is when u see a situation like Tates where he comes in to compete with other 4⭐ QBs and it really is a toss up. But more often than not coaches are making these kids guarantees or the kid is going into a favorable situation.
Yeah, I feel ya especially if they go down a level or less talented schools. 👌🏾 IDK now, I might have to eat my words👍🏾🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Supposedly Day's offense is complicated. Fields just said in an interview after their spring game that he has about half of it down. Pretty sure Tate and Haskins both said it took them at least a year to really get it down.

There's alot of talk on the OSU board about having to reduce the amount of QB runs, etc now due to lack of back up QBs. It's Fields' strength but they can't risk injury. Interesting situation
Nothing to do with depth at QB and everything to do with Day’s scheme. Our QBs ran more than Haskins last year and going forward in Cbus you will see less called QB runs.

Surprised the #1 overall recruit has struggled throwing the ball at uga and now Ohio state. Didn’t expect that with all the hype he received last year

I didnt say all thats the thing, im saying the percentages r low for elite success. Not just a jag I mean elite success and str8 killing it at there new team. Its rare is all Im saying Im not saying its impossible

You keep moving up the goal posts. Now they have to be in elite at the other school. Come on man

Advertisement

I said it depends on circumstances. He just generalized without any stats or anything. Even if he brought that up, he could have used that as a reference. Even then one could say that the qbs we brought in were all projects to begin with. He just said Fields will most likely not work out because he’s a transfer.

But where did Driskel go? I havent heard of him since, when u leave a big time school and go to Memphis or those type of teams and do well I dont count that cause the comp is trash. Thats like going to UCF and balling on a weak schedule then never to hear from them again cause the nfl new they sucked and couldnt compete with that type of talent. A guy like Willis was a 5 star UF didnt want to let him go they had too they had no choice, and we got him and we knew what we were getting. He didnt leave cause of playing time if he did chances r he was a scrub he left cause of problems off the field. Like u see a Martel struggling (although its practice) u go on OSU forums and they say he sucks, chances r he probably sucks. When we say someone sucks and they leave chances r they suck, but the team that picks them up will slurp like its a good player I see it happen time and time again.

I said it all depends on the circumstance. Now you want to discredit Driskel but he was still a successful transfer QB same as Will Grier but even then We still see Baker Mayfield, Shea Patterson, Kyle Murray, Stindham etc. We also have to realize that players have more freedom now with transferring. There’s hardly any restrictions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back