OT: FAU coach fired

Bccrhp

Sophomore
Charlie Partridge - C - Owls
According to reports from multiple outlets, Florida Atlantic has fired HC Charlie Partridge. The Owls, drilled 77-56 by Middle Tennessee on Saturday, finished 3-9 in all three of Partridge's seasons. Partridge’s winning percentage of .250 is the worst in FAU history. The school owes Partridge a tad more than $1 million for the two years left on his original five-year pact. Partridge did well in recruiting, so the right successor could find quick success.

One less guy to steal Butch's players. :XvfmlQQ:

Advertisement
I had an assload of hearing how ******* great this guy was and how he was going to give us trouble on the trail. Seems those reports were a bit early. Will give him credit for almost taking down Miami and Florida in the same season though.

He may be a very good coach, but this is one of those jobs where it doesn't matter. FAU, it may have D1 student size, but it'll always be an afterthought in football, basketball, etc.

I had an assload of hearing how ****ing great this guy was and how he was going to give us trouble on the trail. Seems those reports were a bit early. Will give him credit for almost taking down Miami and Florida in the same season though.

When did he almost take down Miami?

Advertisement
Good. I hope he's turning tricks in an alley in a couple years. He played a big role in that Alex Collins shadiness.

Advertisement
I'd like to see Randy Shannon get an other shot. I think he's a very good fit for them and I want him out of Gainesville

When Howard is on his deathbed he'll finally admit that "building" that program was only an excuse to not have to spend all day with his wife while occasionally getting to bask in his squandered Miami glory. Here's to The Grim Richter outweighing Magnanimous Coach Rick in the future and we refuse to acknowledge the existence of the FAU's and FIU's of the world let alone freakin' schedule them.

Advertisement
Who cares? That guy has been nothing but a pain in the ***. Glad he got canned. FAU could do better.

Advertisement
He may be a very good coach, but this is one of those jobs where it doesn't matter. FAU, it may have D1 student size, but it'll always be an afterthought in football, basketball, etc.
Afterthought,I don't think so.They have a new stadium,the U doesn't.They had a team for 20+years,The U,FSU,
and UF approaching 100.They have changed conferences three times,always improving.The U once,FSU and UF
never.

Advertisement
Back