OT: Expansion

Wow. Considering I've humiliated you in every single other thread where you've stated your usual drivel, I take your words as a compliment.

When will you learn? Steep curve I suppose. Maybe even inverted.

I always know the exact post when I've won. It's the one when the other guy abandons the topic.

No, really, tell us more about that Oklahoma vs. Northern Illinois matchup you want to see.

Advertisement
I always know the exact post when I've won. It's the one when the other guy abandons the topic.

No, really, tell us more about that Oklahoma vs. Northern Illinois matchup you want to see.

It isn't about #1 vs #100. D1 FBS should have a post season tournament that allows all the conference champs to settle it on the field.

Unless of course you are deemed the arbiter as to who is worthy. Thankfully you, nor I, are.

If you want to see your version of the CFP format, have at it.

I would suggest the vast majority of fans do not share your view, especially in that #5-#10 cohort.

You aren't "wrong" for your view; but for **** sure the majority of fans that clearly don't share it, aren't wrong either.

My guess is the market forces side with an expanded playoff rather than yoir vision of what it "should be".

It isn't about #1 vs #100. D1 FBS should have a post season tournament that allows all the conference champs to settle it on the field.

You do know that Northern Illinois is a conference champion, right? So you want to see Northern Illinois, Fresno State, App State, and Middle Tennessee in the playoffs. It looks more and more absurd every time you make me type it.

You do know that Northern Illinois is a conference champion, right? So you want to see Northern Illinois, Fresno State, App State, and Middle Tennessee in the playoffs. It looks more and more absurd every time you make me type it.

As a conference champion in D1FBS, yes.

It's the principal of it. If NCAA doesn't want them in, further segregate D1P5 away from D1FBS entirely and be done with it.

Last I checked, no one was screaming for Alabama to cancel it's annual Citadel slaughter. Or Miami's FAMU beating, or, or, or, or.

By furthering your logic, any CFP team that plays those level of teams in the regular season cheapens/invalidates their season's accomplishments.

As a conference champion in D1FBS, yes.

It's the principal of it. If NCAA doesn't want them in, further segregate D1P5 away from D1FBS entirely and be done with it.

Last I checked, no one was screaming for Alabama to cancel it's annual Citadel slaughter. Or Miami's FAMU beating, or, or, or, or.

By further your logic, any CFP team that plays those level.of teams in tje regar season cheapens/invalidates their rehular season accomplishments.

Can we get an English translation?

Sell crazy someplace else. Having all of those teams in a college football playoff would be the worst possible strategy.

Advertisement
Can we get an English translation?

Sell crazy someplace else. Having all of those teams in a college football playoff would be the worst possible strategy.

It really doesn't get any easier to explain. I even used small words for your benefit!

Worst possible strategy--says YOU.

Better strategy says the market and the decision makers.

How do you stand existing around the little people being so much smarter and well versed than the rest?

Must be tough. Kudos to you.

It really doesn't get any easier to explain. I even used small words for your benefit!

Worst possible strategy--says YOU.

Better strategy says the market and the decision makers.

How do you stand existing around the little people being so much smarter and well versed than the rest?

Must be tough. Kudos to you.

The market does not want to see Middle Tennessee lose to Alabama 56-3. Your points are actually getting worse.

The market does not want to see Middle Tennessee lose to Alabama 56-3. Your points are actually getting worse.

Last I checked, market attended Citadel's beat down by Alabama.

And the revolution was televised (with actual Neilsen viewers oh my!).

What else you got?

Advertisement
Last I checked, market attended Citadel's beat down by Alabama.

And the revolution was televised (with actual Neilsen viewers oh my!).

What else you got?

Run those numbers by ESPN and ABC and tell them this is your marketing plan for the playoffs. Opening weekend blowout matchups.

Run those numbers by ESPN and ABC and tell them this is your marketing plan for the playoffs. Opening weekend blowout matchups.

How embarrassed will you feel when they expand the CFP and put a #1v#8/#10/#16 matchup on the field?

Then again, you have it all figured out and the actual decision makers don't.

Why aren't you a decision maker then with your obvious talent?

How lucky for this board to have a key CFP insider like yourself correct us when you feel necessary.

How embarrassed will you feel when they expand the CFP and put a #1v#8/#10/#16 matchup on the field?

Then again, you have it all figured out and the actual decision makers don't.

Why aren't you a decision maker then with your obvious talent?

How lucky for this board to have a key CFP insider like yourself correct us when you feel necessary.

1 vs 8 would not include 10 conference champions.
1 vs 10 is not possible in a single elimination format.
1 vs 16 is not happening because they are not going to have four full weekends of playoffs.

Leave this to the adults.

Advertisement
1 vs 16 is not happening because they are not going to have four full weekends of playoffs.

Like yourself?

That might be funniest thing you have ever said in your life.

Good for you!

1v8 correct. I'm not supportive. Bet your last dollar that's happening over next 3-6 years.

1v10. Correct on single elimination. Perhaps "play-in week" by reducing field #7v#10 and #8v#9. #1-#6 have first week bye. Final 8 matchups begin.

1v16. Perhaps. Perhaps not at some point in future.

Advertisement
Again, when you abandon the topic and ignore the points about bracketing, it's best to resort to insults. Good plan.

You really make this too easy.
XIqCQx02E1U9W.gif

1v8 correct. I'm not supportive. Bet your last dollar that's happening over next 3-6 years.

1v10. Correct on single elimination. Perhaps "play-in week" by reducing field #7v#10 and #8v#9. #1-#6 have first week bye. Final 8 matchups begin.

1v16. Perhaps. Perhaps not at some point in future.

Correct
Correct
Correct

That would have been much easier than the childish thing you posted the first time.

Advertisement
Back