OT: Enjoy Oklahoma, Jalen Hurts.

Advertisement
I would.

It's funny how much "conservatives" like you claim to like "unvarnished talk" and "real talk" and "locker room talk" and "plain talk", until someone disagrees with you.

"If you and me where [were] face to face"...am I supposed to be afraid? Funny stuff.
How do you know I’m a conservative. Man there you go again labeling somebody without knowing the first thing about me. You are the one accusing me of not using logic and basically calling me an idiot. If you disagree with something I wrote. Why not just engage without throwing labels around. If you think I’m in the wrong then educate. Stop saying basiiclly I am an idiot because I disagree with your point of view. My only contention with your post is that you brought conservative into the argument.

Last edited:
Because it's not. Oklahoma State is the State school. Just because it's a public university makes it a state school?

You clearly never went to college. Certainly not a private school like UM.

State schools and private schools. Doesn't matter what they put in the name. F$U used to be a women's college.

State schools are funded by the state.

Yes, public universities are funded by the state. Most people actually understand that simple distinction without trying to get into a semantics debate.

I would explain this more, but there are already people who can't handle other topics. But feel free to research the rivalry and derisiveness that exists between rivals when one rival is a private school and one is a state school.

I agree. Never said it equated. More prevalent and tolerated though.
The racist fringe does seemingly tend to latch on to the GOP ( the more conservative of the 2 parties but not all that conservative in reality) as a reaction to African Americans being democrats to an almost 90% rate . Most conservatives like myself want nothing to do with the fringe element latching on and have nothing but disdain for any racism/racists.

We gotta talk about the Cards before the season starts.

Advertisement
How do you know I’m a conservative. Man there you go again labeling somebody without knowing the first thing about me. You are the one accusing me of not using logic and basically calling me an idiot. If you disagree with something I wrote. Why not just engage without throwing labels around. If you think I’m in the wrong then educate. Stop saying basiiclly I am an idiot because I disagree with your point of view. My only contention with your post is that you brought consertavive into the argument.

I didn't, nor would I, call you an idiot. Plenty of people struggle with logic (including bootstrapping a comment about "logic" into "idiot"). That's why not everyone does well on the LSAT. Nothing personal.

Relax.

In the year 2018, the left is far more concerned with race in this country than the right. I love Miami as a city but I find it hilarious when people from down there refer to other parts of America as backwoods etc. I guess diversity is ok only if you lean different kinds of left. The right cares that people take ownership of their own behavior, wants the government to leave individuals alone, and thinks that if you’re born with certain parts between your legs then your gender is decided and not up for debate. Is that controversial?

Everytime this stuff happens in the SEC or a Bumfuk pseudo Southern place like Oklahoma the rush to make false equivalencies is always a given.

Is there racism everywhere? Yes

Is it more rampant and more overt and culturally ingrained in certain places? For effing sure.
Red states,.. like,.. okla****inghoma

You think law schools match?

Most people are matches to a school based on score/GPA, AKA, "Self-selection" in Adcom speak. You are above their median, congratulations. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg all dropped out of college, so I imagine they would be impressed too!

Advertisement
In the year 2018, the left is far more concerned with race in this country than the right. I love Miami as a city but I find it hilarious when people from down there refer to other parts of America as backwoods etc. I guess diversity is ok only if you lean different kinds of left. The right cares that people take ownership of their own behavior, wants the government to leave individuals alone, and thinks that if you’re born with certain parts between your legs then your gender is decided and not up for debate. Is that controversial?
That’s ‘Merica’

The racist fringe does seemingly tend to latch on to the GOP ( the more conservative of the 2 parties but not all that conservative in reality) as a reaction to African Americans being democrats to an almost 90% rate . Most conservatives like myself want nothing to do with the fringe element latching on and have nothing but disdain for any racism/racists.

We gotta talk about the Cards before the season starts.

I agree.

I am simply observing. Some people don't like that when it goes against them or their beliefs or their feelings.

Nothing personal. I realize that I can make a shift from one sentence to another, but that's why we use periods. I am merely observing that a pool of UM students and a pool of UM fans may not have the same viewpoints.

Not such a stretch. People freaking out about the use of "right wing" or "conservative". Never called anyone a bad word like "idiot".

Never said one side was inherently better than the other. Never said racism was exclusive to one side or the other.

People overreacting. No big deal.

I'm off to church to ask forgiveness for having created this thread.

I may ask God why so many supposed Miami fans rush to equate our city and school with overt racist acts at other schools each time they pop up.....but I'm afraid he might just change the subject and complain about UCF not getting in the Playoff.

Advertisement
Most people are matches to a school based on score/GPA, AKA, "Self-selection" in Adcom speak. You are above their median, congratulations. Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg all dropped out of college, so I imagine they would be impressed too!

Nope.

From Florida, wanted to stay in Florida. Only 7 schools at the time (early 90s), UF, F$U, UM, Stetson, Barry, Nova Southeastern, St. Thomas. My only 2 real choices were UF and UM, got into both. Chose UM.

This isn't Med School we're taking about.

I agree.

I am simply observing. Some people don't like that when it goes against them or their beliefs or their feelings.

Nothing personal. I realize that I can make a shift from one sentence to another, but that's why we use periods. I am merely observing that a pool of UM students and a pool of UM fans may not have the same viewpoints.

Not such a stretch. People freaking out about the use of "right wing" or "conservative". Never called anyone a bad word like "idiot".

Never said one side was inherently better than the other. Never said racism was exclusive to one side or the other.

People overreacting. No big deal.
I know what you meant . Dont even sweat it , Ori. My reply to your post was intended more for people who would not be able to make the distinction , wasn't really meant at you. There are so many people nowadays who think that if you're a conservative you're automatically a KKK member.

I think there is no doubt the student body at UM is more liberal than the site. For one men tend to be more conservative than women and the student body at UM has a much larger number of women than I would imagine a football board does .

Advertisement
I'm off to church to ask forgiveness for having created this thread.

I may ask God why so many supposed Miami fans rush to equate our city and school with overt racist acts at other schools each time they pop up.....but I'm afraid he might just change the subject and complain about UCF not getting in the Playoff.

Completely agree. Not sure why this happens.

Not saying anyone is perfect, but every time the SLIGHTLY decent people want to point out an overt racist act and speak out and hope that things will improve, someone wants to pop up and act like every bad act happens in every location equally all the time, as if it is hopeless to try to move towards a more enlightened society.

If you think all people are the same everywhere, move to a rural area in the southeastern US.

He won’t be spending much time there TBH...

Besides he spent the last 3 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama lol

This is just a business decision

Sorry, racism doesn't have clear cut lines. Look at the anti-Semitism of Farrakhan and the Women's March. Look at the alt right.

Racists and idiots are well dispersed across the political spectrum.
True. But most of the people who harbor racist views are right of center. But that's not to say most people on the right are racists. There's a distinct difference.

Advertisement
Back