OT Dolphins

SigmundFriend

Banned
Banned
Getting away from the Canes a bit, I am really excited about the future of the Dolphins and I haven't been for a while. I really believe Coach Flo and his staff have the ability to develop players. The team gets better each and every week. Parker and Gesicki are turning into major problems on offense for other teams. Also, Rowe followed Ertz all over the field yesterday and completely shut him down. Ertz had 3 receptions for 24 yards and he was coming off a monster three week stretch:

Ertz's last three games:

12 rec. 91 yards 1 TD
9 rec. 94 yards
9 rec. 103 yards 1 TD

Also, if you have NOT watched the Bob Menery "Fabriga Blackflip" video on Instagram, that **** is funny as ****.

Advertisement
Getting away from the Canes a bit, I am really excited about the future of the Dolphins and I haven't been for a while. I really believe Coach Flo and his staff have the ability to develop players. The team gets better each and every week. Parker and Gesicki are turning into major problems on offense for other teams. Also, Rowe followed Ertz all over the field yesterday and completely shut him down. Ertz had 3 receptions for 24 yards and he was coming off a monster three week stretch:

Ertz's last three games:

12 rec. 91 yards 1 TD
9 rec. 94 yards
9 rec. 103 yards 1 TD

Also, if you have NOT watched the Bob Menery "Fabriga Blackflip" video on Instagram, that **** is funny as ****.

I've been a season ticket holder for 39 years and winning is not going to help us only hurt. Beating Philly is not going to help us down the road win a super bowl. Getting the highest draft pick possible and using it to take a REAL QB or even trade the pick for more first round picks is how you build a Dynasty. These wins are nice for giggles but bad for the future. Do you know how many times we've won games toward the end of a season to push us out of a high draft pick? It's really sad to see this team constantly not understand how this thing works. It's why we've been stuck in this same position every year.

Now I actually think Flo is a great coach and I'm excited to see him field an actual team and not a bunch of practice squad stars.

Advertisement
I've been a season ticket holder for 39 years and winning is not going to help us only hurt. Beating Philly is not going to help us down the road win a super bowl. Getting the highest draft pick possible and using it to take a REAL QB or even trade the pick for more first round picks is how you build a Dynasty. These wins are nice for giggles but bad for the future. Do you know how many times we've won games toward the end of a season to push us out of a high draft pick? It's really sad to see this team constantly not understand how this thing works. It's why we've been stuck in this same position every year.

Now I actually think Flo is a great coach and I'm excited to see him field an actual team and not a bunch of practice squad stars.
Agreed, if the Dolphins lost yesterday, they would have controlled their own destiny in getting the first pick in the draft being 2-10 and games remaining against 2-10 NYG and 1-11 Bengals. Oh well.

It is amazing that the Dolphins could actually go 6-10 with wins against the NYJ, NYG, and Bengals over the next 3 weeks.

I posted essentially the same thing in another thread here today. It amazes me that any Dolphins fan is rooting for victories this season. This is only going to be a one year opportunity near the top of the draft order. Next season it's mediocrity again. Then what good does it do in 2021 if we lack a great quarterback? You aren't going to win 12 games instead of 9 due to effort and a tough coach. It requires elite quarterbacking to win buckets of games every season. There are always examples like the 49ers this season in which everything looks wonderful but it isn't sustainable in the slightest.

Sure, you might get a terrific quarterback deeper in the draft. That's the outlier mentality again. I realize there are examples. But the best opportunity is early. You don't have to rely on other franchises making mistakes ahead of you.

Carson Wentz really needs to work on his mechanics. That jumped out at me. He's not nearly as relaxed or fluid as DeShaun Watson, for example. Base is too wide and delivery is harsh. A better quarterback for Philadelphia could have put that game out of reach in the first half.

I posted essentially the same thing in another thread here today. It amazes me that any Dolphins fan is rooting for victories this season. This is only going to be a one year opportunity near the top of the draft order. Next season it's mediocrity again. Then what good does it do in 2021 if we lack a great quarterback? You aren't going to win 12 games instead of 9 due to effort and a tough coach. It requires elite quarterbacking to win buckets of games every season. There are always examples like the 49ers this season in which everything looks wonderful but it isn't sustainable in the slightest.

Sure, you might get a terrific quarterback deeper in the draft. That's the outlier mentality again. I realize there are examples. But the best opportunity is early. You don't have to rely on other franchises making mistakes ahead of you.

Carson Wentz really needs to work on his mechanics. That jumped out at me. He's not nearly as relaxed or fluid as DeShaun Watson, for example. Base is too wide and delivery is harsh. A better quarterback for Philadelphia could have put that game out of reach in the first half.

I don't think many fans are rooting for wins but I'm personally not about to be down because my team is winning.

How is betting on a QB later "outlier" mentality if the current landscape fits the criteria?

Lamar- end of the 1st
Mahomes- #10
Watson- #12
Rodgers-#24
Russ- 3rd
Dak- 4th

Even if you were to use SB participants, only 5 QB's in the last ten years (Cam, Goff, Ryan, Eli, and Peyton) were picked #1 & the Manning Bros were the only winners.

Funny you mention #2 overall pick Wentz.

Advertisement
I'm in the Bridgwater train at Qb. If Tua is available, grab him with the Pitt pick, but absolutely do not use your Top 4 pick on any of these qbs coming out.

None of then are worth it, and certainly none of them are ready to come in and start.

Okudah or Young (if hes still there,) need to be the early targets.

Advertisement
We go 0-16, free agents don't want to come here next year, Flores is immediately put on the hot seat and maybe even fired for fielding the worst team in the history of the sport, Grier is fired, we're scrutinized for years to come, and have start all over again with a new HC and GM who haven't worked together to decide who'd be the best QB pick. That's what y'all Tank Squad Boys wanted?

I'm in the Bridgwater train at Qb. If Tua is available, grab him with the Pitt pick, but absolutely do not use your Top 4 pick on any of these qbs coming out.

None of then are worth it, and certainly none of them are ready to come in and start.

Yea, load up in D this draft. We seem to have a TE and a decent WR group. Just need a RB, an LT (probably better off pursuing Trent Williams with our cap space), and a legit #2 WR to go next to Devante.

Young is going top 3 so we're currently out of range but Okudah would be perfect and someone I feel that Flores would covet more anyways. Just have to find a true FS and he'll have his equivalence to a NE secondary.

Advertisement
Young is going top 3 so we're currently out of range but Okudah would be perfect and someone I feel that Flores would covet more anyways. Just have to find a true FS and he'll have his equivalence to a NE secondary.
He definitely needs that Gilmore type shutdown.

Okudah paired w Howard could be a problem.

On a positive note, we entered the game picking 4th in the Draft and we left the game picking...4th. But there are a gang of teams all between 3-9, 3-8-1, and 4-8. It's scary that we still have the Jets, Giants, and Bengals left. We could legit end up drafting 11th.

The silver lining? Tua could fall to us in that 10th pick range, God forbid we reel off 2-3 more wins. I don't want Herbert, been saying so all season.

Advertisement
Back