OT: Dolphins 1st Round

Yea dude should just admit he was wrong. When he mentioned mario Williams i was a bit confused. The dolphins have a nice De rotation even before adding Quinn. Hayes is Strictly for run downs and setting the edge..we don't care about his sack numbers. Branch back slid a bit but the talent is there..and the first rd de began to flash toward end of the season, cam wake is cam wake expect 8+sacks a year there. The dolphins are one of the only teams in the nfl to routinely harass Tom Brady every year without blitzing. More concerned at st with the suh lost than de

The team needs tight ends and linebackers. I wouldn’t mind a vet corner, rotational DT, or a FREE safety either.

No one knows how the new guys are going to mesh but there is some talent there dolphin could go 2-14 or 12-4 and every possibility in between. I personally like the change in leadership to guy who want to win but talent is still very important. Need a good mix of both and the dolphins may have found it just need a good draft,

Advertisement
Yea dude should just admit he was wrong. When he mentioned mario Williams i was a bit confused. The dolphins have a nice De rotation even before adding Quinn. Hayes is Strictly for run downs and setting the edge..we don't care about his sack numbers. Branch back slid a bit but the talent is there..and the first rd de began to flash toward end of the season, cam wake is cam wake expect 8+sacks a year there. The dolphins are one of the only teams in the nfl to routinely harass Tom Brady every year without blitzing. More concerned at st with the suh lost than de
Yup. Fede and Malveaux impressed as well. Very good DE rotation.

Show me any data that says the Dolphins have good DEs. 26th in sacks, 14th against the run.

PFF ratings

Wake - 28th
Quinn - 87th
Branch - 96th
Hayes, unrated but rated well
Harris - 49th

What about this says the Dolphins are fine at DE? Any evidence?

Returninh DTs were all average or worse.

And Dolphin fans want Derwin James or Ro Smith.

Stay bad, bruh.

Our DTs are young and have at least shown flashes (Godchaux, Phillips, Taylor). Our DEs are old (Wake/Hayes), injured (Quinn), mediocre (Branch), or haven't proven anything (Harris is a disappointment so far).

That said, compare either of those units to our sad linebackers. As of now, we are trotting out Kiko Alonso, Raekwon McMillan, and Chase Allen as our starting linebackers. That's like a nice backup LB unit for Pittsburgh or Philly. So I would totally understand if we pass on Vea and take Edmunds or Roquan Smith based on need if we have them graded similarly -- which most mock drafts have them rated all around the same.

Show me any data that says the Dolphins have good DEs. 26th in sacks, 14th against the run.

PFF ratings

Wake - 28th
Quinn - 87th
Branch - 96th
Hayes, unrated but rated well
Harris - 49th

What about this says the Dolphins are fine at DE? Any evidence?

Returninh DTs were all average or worse.

And Dolphin fans want Derwin James or Ro Smith.

Stay bad, bruh.

How about my data. I follow the dolphins just like my canes. I could care less about pff as I played offensive line and pay mighty close attention to line play during games and at dolphins practices /ota.

Who are the dolphins fans that want Derwin james?. Gase apparently is complaining about TJ Mcdonald and Reshad Jones in the back end and they are wayyy more better in covg than James bum as so I doubt he is on our board. I like Smith..but he's light in the jazz and needs to be covered up a bit. If we take him won't be mad though, as we need talent influx at lb bad. The canes trio of lbs are legitinately better than the dolphins...dead serious.

The DE position isn't a need for the dolphins at all I'm not sure what you don't comprehend or are trying to get at. They legitimately have 6 des for rotation purposes. I highly doubt you watch more dolphins games than me or most on this board. But keep going to pff data and random rankings. Wakes replacement was drafted last yr in the first round in Harris. They aren't investing any more high picks at De.
At dt they liked the group they brought in last year in godcheaux and Taylor. Lets see how they build off last year.

Advertisement
So, your hot take is the Dolphins DL is good because you watch the Dolphins every week. Cool.

Im sure your heart and best intentions tell you that is true, but the facts and the evidence tell me, it is not.

Like i said, stay bad.

So, your hot take is the Dolphins DL is good because you watch the Dolphins every week. Cool.

Im sure your heart and best intentions tell you that is true, but the facts and the evidence tell me, it is not.

Like i said, stay bad.

But the evidence is that the dolphins own management and staff have shown no interest and been a player at the De game this off-season at all. Other than the Quinn move. That alone tells you they feel good about that spot.
You don't know much other than what you looked up on off, which was exposed when u commented on Mario **** Williams. Just hold your L and move on. Dolphins aren't drafting Harold Landry or need to. Dont need a de unless it's late rd or udfa flyer.

But the evidence is that the dolphins own management and staff have shown no interest and been a player at the De game this off-season at all. Other than the Quinn move. That alone tells you they feel good about that spot.
You don't know much other than what you looked up on off, which was exposed when u commented on Mario **** Williams. Just hold your L and move on. Dolphins aren't drafting Harold Landry or need to. Dont need a de unless it's late rd or udfa flyer.

Because Dolphins management has proven to know what they are doing.

The numbers clearly show something much different than your eyes.

You dont even understand what I meant by Mario Williams to trash it. Quinn is a better option than most on the decline edge players that the Dolphins have opted for recently.

This isnt a discussion on what they WILL do...but what they SHOULD do. DL or QB. Anythong else is a wasted pick.

We need to draft Lamar Jackson he will be bringing so much excitement to the Dolphins. We need to draft Lamar Jackson!

Advertisement
this gets you fired. Minkah Fitzpatrick????? F no....hes worse than Derwin James and we dont have a need at his spot. Orlando Brown is a blob and im tired of us getting overrated ou players.

Nah, Brown is good.

Trade the first pick to the late teens/early 20’s and take Rashaan Evans, Leigthon Vander Esch, or Will Hernandez. Go LB or TE in the second depending on what you do with the first. Best TE or OL in the third depending on what you did earlier. Best available the rest of the way.

I like Evans best among the linebackers. Smith is too small and gets shoved around with ease. Edmunds is a big play attacking dynamo but sometimes a half second late to diagnose. Evans has the ideal frame and attitude. I think he'll be a superior pro than collegian.

Mostly I'd like the Tannehill era to end. Incomparably boring reliance on low percentage projection. But don't draft Lamar Jackson. I don't know how anybody can listen to him for three sentences and believe he can be counted on to lead a franchise. Very low Wonderlic score. No quarterback with a Wonderlic below 25 has won the Super Bowl in more than 20 years.

James Cobern is by far the best new draft analyst. He has a remarkably astute blend of Market Share (productivity), Age, and Athletic Ability. You've got to be a supreme idiot to ignore the impact of age among college football prospects. One or two years is such a substantial percentage of their lives, let alone playing careers. Yet somehow age is almost never mentioned.

NFL teams that ignore age will end up with a roster of late blooming stiffs.

Cobern's YouTube channel is CommonManFootball.

Subjectivity still holds minimal value but steadily an analytic approach like Cobern features will overwhelm the simpletons of tape.

giphy.gif
or trade up for a QB

I like Evans best among the linebackers. Smith is too small and gets shoved around with ease. Edmunds is a big play attacking dynamo but sometimes a half second late to diagnose. Evans has the ideal frame and attitude. I think he'll be a superior pro than collegian.

Mostly I'd like the Tannehill era to end. Incomparably boring reliance on low percentage projection. But don't draft Lamar Jackson. I don't know how anybody can listen to him for three sentences and believe he can be counted on to lead a franchise. Very low Wonderlic score. No quarterback with a Wonderlic below 25 has won the Super Bowl in more than 20 years.

James Cobern is by far the best new draft analyst. He has a remarkably astute blend of Market Share (productivity), Age, and Athletic Ability. You've got to be a supreme idiot to ignore the impact of age among college football prospects. One or two years is such a substantial percentage of their lives, let alone playing careers. Yet somehow age is almost never mentioned.

NFL teams that ignore age will end up with a roster of late blooming stiffs.

Cobern's YouTube channel is CommonManFootball.

Subjectivity still holds minimal value but steadily an analytic approach like Cobern features will overwhelm the simpletons of tape.

Our best qb in the history of our team did coke lines probably most of his career. How was his wonderlic score?. Hearing Lamar Jackson speak has nothing to do with his ability on the field. **** Tannehil is short a few chromosomes. You ever heard him speak?. I definately wouldnt be mad with the Jackson dynamic if we drafted him...not at 11....But if we got him wouldnt be mad. Again...Gase had Jay Cutler looking respectable last season. Im sure with a year working with Jackson he would have him up to par....and the dual threat dynamic would be key working with Kenyan Drake and whomever else w ehave at rb.

Advertisement
Here's what the Fins should do:

1st Minkah Fitzpatrick DB - UA
2nd Orlando Brown OT - OU
3rd Mark Andrews TE - OU
4th Shaq Griffin LB - UCF
4th Mark Walton RB - UM
6th Braxton Berrios WR - UM
UDFA Logan Woodside QB Toledo
UDFA Dee Delaney CB
UDFA KC McDermott OG

Derwin is gonna be a bigger bust than Peter Warrick.

Ask about me...

Well circling back to my OP, Im glad the Fins didnt select James. I wanted Smith or Edmunds but I like Minkah. He is so versatile which is very desireable these days. He can shut down a TE which we really need. He is game ready too. Seems like a good kid. Im happy with the pick. Now lets get a LB or TE

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back