Off-Topic OT- Dogs

Advertisement
CJ is the first dog I have ever owned. Growing up I was all over the state every weekend playing club soccer so there was no time or attention to spare. I LOVED his dad who, as a Russian was a little smaller but could clear a 6 ft. fence with little effort and always joked with my buddy that I was in if he ever had puppies. When he did, I actually was going to pass on getting one until the girl I was dating told me " I was not allowed to have a Dobie if I was dating her". I went and picked him up 15 minutes later.

I got him right at 6 weeks and showed who was boss early. He has been a gentle giant ever since (for me)

The audacity of that broad. Pfft. LOL

Y'all meet Blue she just ****ted on my guest bedroom floor. That's my pops she's chewing on. Red nose american staffordshire terrier aka pitbull.

Attachments

• DSC_0300.JPG
    DSC_0300.JPG
    932.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I have Dogo Argentino named Zion Cane.
Not a breed for everyone especially if you get them from a good line.
I had my doubts about a white coated bully type breed. Had friends with American bulldogs and English bulldogs and the light coat for some reason made them sun and food sensitivity.
This is a hard breed. Can take heat and bad terrain and is just sturdy AF! Loves to be outside more than inside in the AC.
Took him hog hunting once and wow!!! Couldn’t really appreciate the power of these dogs till you see it up close
Here’s my breeders IG

My mother bred Dogos for several years def. not a breed for everyone. At one time she had 4 and one of them she never ever allowed me to go near as a 10-11 year old. The 3 others were super chill and friendly with me especially Zeus who was simply a monstrosity of a dog. Was always very loving and slept in the same room as me most of the time. They would take them wild boar hunting all the time although I never got to witness that first hand the stories were insane though. The one thing that stuck out to me is several times I saw them fight with each other from one second to the next they were cool then they were tearing each other up. My mom would literally have to separate them with brooms sticks or anything else she could get her hands on. Make no mistake those fights were fights to the death if no one was around to break it up. It was brutal.

Years later my mom told me a story that one fight was so bad between 3 of the dogos that one ended up dead and she was powerless to stop the fight until it was too late. My mom treated these dogs like royalty and they were well taken care of just their temperament was somewhat erratic.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I currently have 2 dogs...a golden named Rocket 2.5 years old and a Mini Schnauzer named Flint he’s 12 weeks. 2 of the greatest breeds in one household I am a lucky man.

Attachments

• 44EBB734-BDF3-4DA5-8398-E4A2B795CFFE.jpeg
    44EBB734-BDF3-4DA5-8398-E4A2B795CFFE.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 748DA3AA-58C6-4F62-9C95-108F327D899E.jpeg
    748DA3AA-58C6-4F62-9C95-108F327D899E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • B6FB2985-9D0A-4913-8D4B-EBE27BCC48CC.jpeg
    B6FB2985-9D0A-4913-8D4B-EBE27BCC48CC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 4DB3CC9A-F548-46E5-81A2-EDD30083DACD.jpeg
    4DB3CC9A-F548-46E5-81A2-EDD30083DACD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
8FFC9C7E-623A-4DAA-88A6-0834F2DC1683.jpeg

Almost five pounds. Human like personality. Highly intelligent and fearless. Also hypoallergenic and doesn’t shed. Travels better than most people. Doesn’t need to be taken for walks. Doesn’t bark and likes everyone. I don’t need a dog for security. Best dog I’ve ever owned. She’s 9 in the picture and still looks and a puppy’s personality/energy. Lastly, makes my wife happy 24/7.

View attachment 123574
Almost five pounds. Human like personality. Highly intelligent and fearless. Also hypoallergenic and doesn’t shed. Travels better than most people. Doesn’t need to be taken for walks. Doesn’t bark and likes everyone. I don’t need a dog for security. Best dog I’ve ever owned. She’s 9 in the picture and still looks and a puppy’s personality/energy. Lastly, makes my wife happy 24/7.
Happy wife, happy life.

Advertisement
This is our girl Heidi, she's a Great Pyrenees and is currently sitting at 118 lbs. Without a doubt the best dog I've ever owned. She's a gentle giant, but will tear someone up if they make a move at my daughter. Our former neighbors had a shepherd/wolf hybrid and it hopped the fence to my back yard while my daughter was outside. Man it was a bad day for that thing lol. After that day, that dog wouldn't even come out of it's doghouse. I would definitely recommend a Pyre to anyone, especially if they want a dog that will protect their family without being overly aggressive.
Heidi.jpg

View attachment 123574
Is your dog a Yorkie? I’ve owned my for 17 years. She is like one of my children. Great dogs!

Advertisement
My boy Link. He's a 2 year old German Shepherd/Yellow Lab mix. Rescue from a puppy mill in Mississippi and still has serious trust issues with strangers.

View attachment 122935View attachment 122936View attachment 122937
Breaking news:

Got results back from a DNA test and it turns out he ain't a German Shepherd mix, but Belgian Malinois instead. Didn't even know that was a thing. From what little I've read about them it makes alot of sense given his personality, physique, and coat.

Vizslas for me. Sadly put my 2nd one down last summer. He was 13. We now have a French bulldog. Never thought anything of them. Got him for my 9 year old 3 years ago. He's mine now, basically. He's cool, hunts rabbits and squirrels. He's all man. Not a.lap dog or toy dog like some frenchies.

AMERICAN BULLDOGS....ALL DAY...EVERY DAY 🙌🏻....

...ABSOLUTELY MORE LOYAL THAN MOST JOCK SNIFFERS IN HERE.....

Advertisement
Here's my late Lab/Ridgeback mix Riley, he is around 100lbs here and that is an eight foot door he is skying to. Would give him the command, "Give me some air" and he would jump like a pogo stick. Broke my heart when I had to put him down. Now going to adopt a senior lab and take him to the end.

Attachments

• Riley Jumping.JPG
    Riley Jumping.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Breaking news:

Got results back from a DNA test and it turns out he ain't a German Shepherd mix, but Belgian Malinois instead. Didn't even know that was a thing. From what little I've read about them it makes alot of sense given his personality, physique, and coat.

A friend of mine was a K-9 officer for several years. He had a Belgian Malinois named Rocco. Amazing both mentally and physically. All the commands related to police work he taught Rocco were in German. Basic commands were in English. One of the smartest dogs I’ve ever seen.

Advertisement
Back