Off-Topic OT- Dogs

image(4).jpg

Went in to wake up my punk *** son and this ******* went all Tasmanian devil at me.

Advertisement
whats yall go to for dog food for a puppy?
We went through a whole process with our pup this last time, he has sensitive stomach issues. 140 pounds of pain in my ***, that one.

First we tried Wellness at the recommendation of our vet - super expensive and it didn't agree with him. Can't agree with the vet's recommendation on this one.
Then Diamond Naturals - this seemed to be better with his stomach. Still not perfect, but much improved. And as a bonus, I didn't have to sell my Bentley to afford to feed my dog.
Then we tried Taste of the Wild (which is also made by Diamond, I believe) - this was a grain free food we tried. Was OK but still didn't do the trick.
Then we finally settled on Hill's Science Diet - he gets the sensitive stomach blend. This finally seemed to be the right one for him. We were able to get the puppy and the older dog on the same food this way. Highly recommended.

I will say that every dog reacts a little bit differently to foods so it may take some trial and error.

Advertisement
whats yall go to for dog food for a puppy?
We used Merrick Grain Free Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Puppy Recipe but I can't recommend it because it's grain free and may lead to heart conditions. We were using the chicken version but dufus has a chicken allergy so we switched to the texas beef. He liked the food a lot and he developed into his breed size so their healthy grain versions might be worth a look.

We went through a whole process with our pup this last time, he has sensitive stomach issues. 140 pounds of pain in my ***, that one.

First we tried Wellness at the recommendation of our vet - super expensive and it didn't agree with him. Can't agree with the vet's recommendation on this one.
Then Diamond Naturals - this seemed to be better with his stomach. Still not perfect, but much improved. And as a bonus, I didn't have to sell my Bentley to afford to feed my dog.
Then we tried Taste of the Wild (which is also made by Diamond, I believe) - this was a grain free food we tried. Was OK but still didn't do the trick.
Then we finally settled on Hill's Science Diet - he gets the sensitive stomach blend. This finally seemed to be the right one for him. We were able to get the puppy and the older dog on the same food this way. Highly recommended.

I will say that every dog reacts a little bit differently to foods so it may take some trial and error.
1597347178106.png

Advertisement
They absolutely are escape artists, will dig under a fence too!

We dropped her off for day care for the first time and the folks at the kennel said they had to move her out of the pen she was assigned to because she’d identified the latch within 5 minutes and was fooling with it trying to get out. Very smart, incredibly energetic, strong prey drive too. She’s like a different dog when we’re out on a hike or walk, it’s more a hunt for her than anything lol.
I had a male husky who I had to board at a vet, when I came down for home games. He escaped from his enclosure and got into the food storage area. Don't know how much food he got into, but he **** all over the place. Needless to say, but I had to find another vet to board at. He lived to be 15 years old. Had to put him down as the vets could not find out what was wrong with him. Before him, I had always had German Shepherds.

i

My man Finn got tagged by a Copperhead this weekend. This ****** guy right here -

20200810_132232.jpg

The blue in the upper left corner is his frisbee. Talk about bad ******* luck. He swelled up pretty good where he got bit.

20200810_143528 small.jpg

We rushed him to a vet thinking the worst. Apparently copperheads aren't that big of a deal for a dog. They evaluated him and gave him antibiotics for any infection at the bite and pain meds for the damage the venom would do to his skin. He was back to normal the next day and the swelling has gone down now. PSA- if your dog gets bit by a copperhead stay calm, the dog isn't going to die. Sure wish I would have known that, might have saved me and the family from a **** ton of anxiety.
I killed the **** out of that snake. If I had a tactical nuke I would have used it.

Advertisement
My man Finn got tagged by a Copperhead this weekend. This ****** guy right here -

View attachment 127450

The blue in the upper left corner is his frisbee. Talk about bad ******* luck. He swelled up pretty good where he got bit.

View attachment 127451

We rushed him to a vet thinking the worst. Apparently copperheads aren't that big of a deal for a dog. They evaluated him and gave him antibiotics for any infection at the bite and pain meds for the damage the venom would do to his skin. He was back to normal the next day and the swelling has gone down now. PSA- if your dog gets bit by a copperhead stay calm, the dog isn't going to die. Sure wish I would have known that, might have saved me and the family from a **** ton of anxiety.
I killed the **** out of that snake. If I had a tactical nuke I would have used it.
Glad to hear your boy’s ok.

Glad to hear your boy’s ok.
Thanks man, it was like nothing to him. He like sneezed cough and then rubbed his face in the dirt and that was it. He was lethargic the first night but I think that was from the pain meds. I wish I could power through pain like he does. The first thing he did when we got back from the vet was grab his frisbee and go chill on his pad.

View attachment 127450

View attachment 127451

**** man. I would have been freaking out...glad that your boy is good. F'ing snakes.

Advertisement
We used Merrick Grain Free Real Texas Beef + Sweet Potato Puppy Recipe but I can't recommend it because it's grain free and may lead to heart conditions. We were using the chicken version but dufus has a chicken allergy so we switched to the texas beef. He liked the food a lot and he developed into his breed size so their healthy grain versions might be worth a look.
The Gucci of dog food....

The Gucci of dog food....
That's what the breeder recommended, I didn't know any better until somebody told me grain free was actually bad for the dogo. The wife gets something else now from chewy.com I think. I don't know ****, I just throw the frisbee, take pictures, and get ******* growled at... same **** with the dog also.

Advertisement
Back