Off-Topic OT- Dogs

Advertisement
Blue Pitt only dogs I ever had
ACD3C7AF-118B-409A-BF22-105DCA57BEEA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Dogo Argentino named Zion Cane.
Not a breed for everyone especially if you get them from a good line.
I had my doubts about a white coated bully type breed. Had friends with American bulldogs and English bulldogs and the light coat for some reason made them sun and food sensitivity.
This is a hard breed. Can take heat and bad terrain and is just sturdy AF! Loves to be outside more than inside in the AC.
Took him hog hunting once and wow!!! Couldn’t really appreciate the power of these dogs till you see it up close
Here’s my breeders IG

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have Dogo Argentina named Zion Came.
Not a breed for everyone especially if you get them from a good line.
I had my doubts about a white coated bully type breed. Had friends with American bulldogs and English bulldogs and the light coat for some reason made them sun and food sensitivity.
This is a hard breed. Can take heat and bad terrain and is just sturdy AF! Loves to be outside more than inside in the AC.
Took him hog hunting once and wow!!! Couldn’t really appreciate the power of these dogs till you see it up close
Here’s my breeders IG

Fire *** dogs!!

Advertisement
American Bullies for me.

Attachments

• C3047831-D005-495F-847D-7D345E58F0D4.jpeg
    C3047831-D005-495F-847D-7D345E58F0D4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • A5D231E6-8D40-44EF-8A3A-08ED5394AB2B.jpeg
    A5D231E6-8D40-44EF-8A3A-08ED5394AB2B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • 91B76EF0-D1A9-4D5D-907C-FE35A510E534.jpeg
    91B76EF0-D1A9-4D5D-907C-FE35A510E534.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
  • D89F52A1-6BEF-4F94-BA09-FD8AD907358B.jpeg
    D89F52A1-6BEF-4F94-BA09-FD8AD907358B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 1FC968AC-3065-4F6A-9CE0-D50F15301BFD.jpeg
    1FC968AC-3065-4F6A-9CE0-D50F15301BFD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
Advertisement
Adopted an orphaned pit/mix puppy 1.5 mos ago. Sweet guy 90% of the time, but bit my daughter 2x in the face (once resource guarding / once when he was just laying there and she snuggled up to him). I cried but he had to go.
Good call looking for a pup from a known breeder with known lines for temperament.

That's a great mix aside from the impending hip dysplasia. Anything you're doing to proactively ameliorate the trust issue? That's a tricky one from a training perspective.
It's pretty hard to get him to socialize during Covid. I was taking him to a dog park, leashed, before that to get him acquainted with other people and dogs. In public he still jumps on anyone if they don't immediately pet him. At home he gets insanely protective of me whenever anyone comes over.

It's pretty hard to get him to socialize during Covid. I was taking him to a dog park, leashed, before that to get him acquainted with other people and dogs. In public he still jumps on anyone if they don't immediately pet him. At home he gets insanely protective of me whenever anyone comes over.
How old was he when you got him? Good on you for rescuing him, he's a handsome fella. Good luck with his training.

Advertisement
How old was he when you got him? Good on you for rescuing him, he's a handsome fella. Good luck with his training.
4 months
How does he act wth strangers?. if u dont mind
He's fine in public if he's leashed. At home if friends come over he jumps on people and is mostly playful, with tons of energy. He's still very much a puppy. But if they come near me he gets aggressive and agitated. I've had a bunch of people doing work remodeling our house over the past month and I've had to crate him. He will even "get down Mr. President" me if my old lady tries any kind of PDA, to the point of sitting on me and barking at her. He's never bitten anyone yet, thankfully, outside of "play-biting" with me.

Last edited:
4 months

He's fine in public if he's leashed. At home if friends come over he jumps on people and is mostly playful, with tons of energy. He's still very much a puppy. But if they come near me he gets aggressive and agitated. I've had a bunch of people doing work remodeling our house over the past month and I've had to crate him. He will even "get down Mr. President" me if my old lady tries any kind of PDA, to the point of sitting on me and barking at her. He's never bitten anyone yet, thankfully, outside of "play-biting" with me.
Probably want to do some counter conditioning with him, to alleviate the resource guarding... Lest it get worse.

Advertisement
Back