Off-Topic OT- Dogs

Had to put my best friend of 12 years down last night.

He was my road dog though many moves in life, from locations and women. He was the one constant. And to think I only took him because my ex’s sister didn’t want him anymore.
Sorry man. That sucks. One of the worst things ever, if not the worst. Man’s best friend indeed 🐾

Advertisement
My man Zeek.
C5B6A24C-E55E-4AE4-9F1B-E57B6911295E.jpeg

Last edited:
condolences cribby

it still hits me hard when i remember the german shepherd i grew up with

he lived til 14 which is a good long life but the end was difficult

this would be a great world if more people were as good and pure as dogs are

Advertisement

He was my road dog though many moves in life, from locations and women. He was the one constant. And to think I only took him because my ex’s sister didn’t want him anymore.
I'm so sorry to hear that bud. These pups are such loyal, loving companions it hurts when it's time.
I'm dealing with that now. My goldendoodle pup Mojo (11) (that lives with my ex) just got diagnosed with cancer. Maybe weeks/months. I actually have her summer visitation with her right now and I'm doing my best to spoil her greatly this last visit.

Ironically, Mojo's brother passed away about 5 years ago. The stories I could still tell you guys about Sebastian!

Sorry for you loss. It‘s one of the worst feelings I’ve experienced. It’s been almost a year and still think about her almost every day. The unconditional love she gave me far outweighs the pain I feel today. What helped me was getting another dog who I can’t live without. Hang in there brother.

That's rough, sorry.

I've always had dogs (and cats) since I was little. I love having pets around. I currently have a 6 month old chocolate lab. He's currently in training - he's extremely friendly and playful but it' was hard having him jump around and on top of small kids. I miss him and hopefully I can bring him home this weekend.

Advertisement

Sorry to hear that man, I'm sure he's resting easy now. 12 years together is a helluva run, hang in there!

Had a dream last night that my 2-year old Husky, Jenna, chased a fox into traffic. Woke up and had to go check on her, still can't shake the image from that nightmare. We don't deserve our dogs

Photo is from Stowe, VT. Highly recommend visiting in the summer (for the non-skiers like myself), super dog friendly and excellent options for hiking.

IMG_4228.jpg

Advertisement
Had a dream last night that my 2-year old Husky, Jenna, chased a fox into traffic. Woke up and had to go check on her, still can't shake the image from that nightmare. We don't deserve our dogs

Photo is from Stowe, VT. Highly recommend visiting in the summer (for the non-skiers like myself), super dog friendly and excellent options for hiking.
I totally get it. I have had many dogs in my life, but for me, nothing compares to a Husky.

EDIT: It's been so long that I actually forgot I already posted in this thread, lol - well, here he is again then! 🤣

This is my rescue Husky, Jack:
20200416_094439.jpg

On my 7th Doberman.
One of the smartest dog breeds in the world. Athletic. Short haired. Ridiculously loyal and protective. Super sweet.
I wouldn't even entertain owning another breed.

View attachment 122950

Hey @Coach Macho , I didn’t know you were a Doberman aficionado. I am as well. Smartest sweetest and overall best breed I could ever think of. I had 2 growing up consecutively. so basically my entire life until I turned about 20 I had a Doberman. Haven’t owned any since, but thinking about getting another one. Where did you get your Dobies?

Advertisement
Have had many. Not up to handling big dogs now so wife and I have a Havanese. If you're looking for a smallish but sturdy dog breed, highly recommend. Great companions, do best when someone is home with them during the day.

Wiki history attributes popularity in USA to their being brought over by "upper class" Cubans, fleeing the island after Castro.

Advertisement
Back