Off-Topic OT- Dogs

Advertisement
How old was he when you got him? Good on you for rescuing him, he's a handsome fella. Good luck with his training.
I've had two Chows (very well bred ones), a German Shepherd, a Lhasa Apso and now a Havanese. Guess which one was a vicious biter (and eventually had to leave our home)? Right ... the little Lhasa Apso. I've got the scars on my hand to remember her by.

We always had a hard time boarding our Chows (such was the bad reputation of the breed) -- even though both were the gentlest of all the dogs we've had over the years.

Last edited:
@Cribby Just wanna wish you my best. Lost my Weimaraner Jed Oct 2017. I swore off ever having another dog. There are days it still bothers me... Eventually, tho the house just got too quiet. Rescued another Weimy (Zeke) and a Catahoula (Cally).
Jed.JPG
Zeke and Cally.jpeg

Just love'm all!

I'm sorry my friend. If your dog passing doesn't hit you hard - something is wrong with you.
I concur. A few years ago I was with a good friend and mentor. A measured and relatively serious, but fantastic guy. Long story short, his family had recently lost their dog and I asked how the kids were handling it and he teared up explaining it hit him the hardest and his father, an old school NYer, had told him back in the day that it will be one of the hardest things he will face. I got it because I could see how it impacted this guy, but I didn’t get it, get it, until…

Fast forward to a few years ago, longer story, but we had to put our dog down “relatively” suddenly and I wasn’t there. I understood. I was a mess for long time.

Then when we had to put “my dog”,that I had since almost exactly to the day Sean Taylor died, down, during the pandemic. I was only slightly better because they came to the house and my man tapped out during the sedative he was so ready to go.

******* terrible. I will raise a glass for you and your pup @Cribby

Had to put my best friend of 12 years down last night.

He was my road dog though many moves in life, from locations and women. He was the one constant. And to think I only took him because my ex’s sister didn’t want him anymore.

View attachment 200025
Sorry for your loss brother. Dogs are family and it’s always hard. He is certainly in a better place.

Advertisement
Had to put my best friend of 12 years down last night.

He was my road dog though many moves in life, from locations and women. He was the one constant. And to think I only took him because my ex’s sister didn’t want him anymore.

View attachment 200025
Sorry to hear that man. One of the hardest things I've had to do... hope you find some peace with it over time. You'll always have the memories.

Hey @Coach Macho , I didn’t know you were a Doberman aficionado. I am as well. Smartest sweetest and overall best breed I could ever think of. I had 2 growing up consecutively. so basically my entire life until I turned about 20 I had a Doberman. Haven’t owned any since, but thinking about getting another one. Where did you get your D
My step-daughter had put down her 10 year old Dobie last Saturday. Tried to upload a picture but the file was too big. Zoe was like a grand dog. Not nearly as tough on my wife and I as it was on her.

She’s going to get another from the same breeder in PA. There’s a waiting list of several months but I’d be glad to get the info and DM you with it.

Advertisement
My step-daughter had put down her 10 year old Dobie last Saturday. Tried to upload a picture but the file was too big. Zoe was like a grand dog. Not nearly as tough on my wife and I as it was on her.

She’s going to get another from the same breeder in PA. There’s a waiting list of several months but I’d be glad to get the info and DM you with it.

I missed this post. Yeah PM me the breeder, I’m curious.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back