OT: Does UGA have the best bagmen in college?

Bama
UGA
Oh St
TAMU
LSU
Ole Miss
UF
Clemson
Oklahoma
Auburn
FSU
Texas
USC
Tennessee

These are the top Bag schools, every now & then a few others will creep in there, but for the most part those are the schools that will absolutely pay players for their services.

That's just for Football though, Basketball is a whole other Black market. **** near everybody droppin bags in BBall lol even program's in the AAC, CUSA & Big East pay players.

Forgot Michigan , Oregon and Penn St

Advertisement
A very good friend whose son decided not to attend UGA despite being one of the top football players in the state informed me that the offer for his son was $150k to attend UGA. And yes his son is that good. The offer came thru alumni of the high school the son attends. And I am confident the money behind the alumni was from a source at UGA, and not from the alumni pockets. This family cared more about education and didn't need the money so their son chose not to attend UGA. But that is almost impossible money for the vast majority of Americans to turn down. And it is almost unfair to expect people to turn down that much money.

Advertisement
These schools are going to one day learn the hard way. It's probably going to take what happened back in the 80's with SMU: a blue chip player takes money to go to a school, said player gets injured and/or passed on the depth chart, and then said player snitches. The bag game is so sophisticated and evolving based on lessons from Pitino and others, that it's going to be hard to nail them on wire taps. A disgruntled participant will need to come forth and just run his mouth.

Advertisement
These schools are going to one day learn the hard way. It's probably going to take what happened back in the 80's with SMU: a blue chip player takes money to go to a school, said player gets injured and/or passed on the depth chart, and then said player snitches. The bag game is so sophisticated and evolving based on lessons from Pitino and others, that it's going to be hard to nail them on wire taps. A disgruntled participant will need to come forth and just run his mouth.

They’ve had Players go on an HBO special an tell the world they got paid and nothing happened.What else do you think anyone could do/say that would be more telling.

Everyone ,including the feds,knows it’s goingon but aren’t dong anything about it.

Advertisement
They’ve had Players go on an HBO special an tell the world they got paid and nothing happened.What else do you think anyone could do/say that would be more telling.

Everyone ,including the feds,knows it’s goingon but aren’t dong anything about it.

Facts

I avoid the ongoing bag conspiracy on this site because I know that not every players gets bought. But some certainly do. And if you think Clemson is not a player at that level, you have not been paying attention. Ask CJ Spiller's mama.
No doubt they're a player. Not anywhere in the same universe as many others. Your wisdom is excellent with your first 2 sentences. Spot on

Advertisement
Ask Romeo Finely what he turned down to come to Miami.

Ask Xavier Thomas's dad how happy he was to learn that $omeone (NOT advocating for his son's signature for Clemson...of course wink wink) wanted to buy his hole-in-the wall, in the RED, failing car detailing business for 150K. (Gasp) God sho is good ain't he?

Trust and believe the tigers are YUGE players in the bag game. They just target who they really really want, as opposed to throwing money at any and every elite recruit on unofficial, official and camp visits..ie (Jawja).
You're partially right in your post. Read what I said. Clemson is not in top 10 in the bag game. Yes, they do have some nice boosters. I know about the restaurant in Spartanburg. I get it. But, my point is, some posters are caught up in only southern football dropping bags. I can tell you a school that no one on this board mentions that rivals Bama/Georgia.

What schools and when was this? The University of Michigan got in trouble for its dealings with Chris Webber and the Fab Five after it came to light guys were paid, and that was years after the fact.

3 Auburn players( forget their names) went on HBO and told how they got paid,how much the got paid andif I remember the special had talked about how Cam had gotten paid .

There was also mention of other guys getting paid.

Not sure if it’s on You Tube or not but it was 3-4 years ago I think.

Advertisement
Back