OT: Diversity

White male 17 years old rising high school senior, hopeful Cane class of 2021. Lifelong Cane fan (dad worked there 16 years). Philadelphia Eagles fan b/c lots of family there. Hollywood, Florida native

Advertisement
Black male 41 years old born and raised in a lil small town Tiusville, Fl. I now live in Clearwater, Fl. I am an electronic engineer. Went to watch a family friend in 1983 at the Orange Bowl he played for Purdue. Of course the Canes beat the **** out them I've been diehard ever since. Uknowwhat I talked to you a lil while back your uncle was a reverend at my church in Titusville.

White Male grew up in Miami, graduate of UM, been a fan since 1958 spent Fridays nights as a kid in OB. Real estate investor currently living in Westchester County in NY. Giants, Mets, Knicks and of course CANES. Had classes with Ted Hendricks and competed against him in high school. Great to be a Miami Hurricane.

Christian
39 Asian Male
Qingdao, China ->Princeton, NJ -> Honolulu, HI -> Urbana, IL -> Honolulu, HI ->Beijing, China -> Honolulu, HI
Former: IT (programmer/database admin/project manager)
Current: Finance (financial adviser/marketing)

Before kids: Canes, Dolphins, Oilers, Bucs, Hornets, Marlins, Magic, WWE/WCW/ECW, UNC, UH
Now: Canes & UH Warriors (alumni)

Watched the Canes back in the late 80's and early 90's and became of fan of the SWAG ever since.

Last edited:
Advertisement
White male , small business owner that lives in Gainesville,FL. Been a cane fan since mid 80's.

**** Cribby, no disrespect, and I here I thought you were black? Lmao! I rememered your handle from "Cu*tsports"

Last edited:
Mixed race (identify as black)
Male
Practicing Rastafari (6 yrs)
Licensed pesticide applicator
Born in New York, The Bronx
From Miami (Perrine)
Live in Boynton Beach
Been a canes fan since about 98',
I was acquaintances with Sean Taylor's sister
Through mutual friends growing up, also dated
A girl that Antrell Rolle dated, lol! I'm also a huge
heat fan.

California boy. 29 years old. Fan since I was 12.

Half black/ half white.

UC berkeley undergrad, harvard for law school.

Works at a non-profit that helps homeless and mentally ill people.

Cuban/Caucasian male. 37. Own a small engine repair shop. Lived all over south Florida but currently reside in Hollywood. Been Hurricane fan since my first game back in 87. I follow all the Miami sports teams. My avatar photo is me but I shaved the mohawk years ago.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm 20, Hispanic/Italian, and from the Bay Area so I typically rep Bay Area teams. A Raider fan with an entire family of 49er fans. I just graduated from Miami with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering in May and am currently taking a few months off before I have to get on that work grind. I'm pretty into The whole Song of Ice and Fire hype and can't wait until the next book and season comes out, how ever the **** long that will be.

Best thread in a while... so here we go. AA male, from Homestead and retired Army at Ft Hood and currently residing in Killeen TX. Still work in the field of treatment for disabled veterans with PTSD and TBI. Been a fan since early 80s when the MTA used to pick us up from the parks and we would attend games for free because they needed to fill the seats. Used to tailgate in the early 2000s when my lil cousin played there (Rolle) and met a bunch of fans back then. Still riding around Texas with Miami Hurricanes license plates on all three of my vehicles and will kick anybody's a$$ that has a problem with it!!!!

Football is in a couple of weeks, can't wait, but to fill that gap in conversation here on the board.. I want to see how diverse this site is... Not just based on race or *** but in all the things we do. I just read that someone on here use to work with Orangutans... not sure if he/she was joking... but I thought that was very interesting... I'm curious to know how many females post here and how many are not from SFL... and what profession. I notice we have lawyers, educators etc... I'm sure some will have the attitude it none of your business and I can respect that but I'm just curious on how diverse this board is...

I'll start:

UknowWhat -> Black, Male, Computer Programmer, Retired Army, from Daytona Beach, Like Jaguars, Dolphins and the Bucs

Active Army 18 years; class of 96 , Auburndale , Fl; male . Like the Dolphins and watch Tampa

Advertisement
Black, Male, from Miami (Richmond Heights to be exact). Reside in Lakeland, FL. Played college ball at WMU and FAMU. Operations Manager for Distribution Company. Phi Beta Sigma. Love all sports Miami. Nothing else. Been a Canes fan once Vilma was there. His dad dated my mom and we were pretty close. Never loved a competitive team more. Played against the '06 canes and they smashed us at Famu but being able to be in the OB was a priceless experience. Love all Miami sports.

Last edited:
I'm 41 years old from Homestead Fl. Spent my childhood in the West Endzone of the OB. My buddy and I used to sneak under OB (through a opening in he bathroom) and walk straight up to the locker room door and high five the players just before the ran through the smoke, including JJ. Now days I fly private jets and was lucky enough to fly Mark Richt for two days on a recruiting trip in 2006. Richt and staff were great to us and truly appreciated our efforts in I would describe as a brutal schedule. Go Canes!

Born in Miam, and raised in Colombia
Half Black /Cherokee Indian /Half Colombian /German/New Zealander ( kiwi )
I'm an international mutt, or should I say " Spigga? Depends on the situation I'm in?
I've been a die hard Canes fan since 83...Heat, Panthers, AC Milan, and Yankees
I'm a major distributer of coffee for a large company in Colombia, if you know what I mean
That is all...Canes all day, and everyday, for life!

Advertisement
AA, male. Born and raised in Itty Bitty Plant City....Graduated from FSU, (class of '13) where I walked on for all four years....It's still f*** fsu... Now working as a Lab Tech for Mosaic....

Canes, Bucs, Magic, Duke BB, Ken Griffey Jr, Rays, Lightning in that order.
Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Born in 83. Male. White. Christian. Born in Ft Lauderdale, moved when I was a kid. In production/construction full time, part time writer.

My dad was a diehard Cane fan, got me hooked young on the stories of championships, the Michigan comeback, etc. Til the day he died he said "you don't ever sing naa naa naa naa, hey hey hey, good bye to the canes."

I've floated around a lot of boards. Modded at Insider for a few years. Only have a few real life canes friends, so the online community has always felt more like home to me.

1oo% Sicilian I`ve followed the Canes since 1963. I remember my first game I attended was against FSU and we beat them on a long pass from Mira 7-6. Hooked since then. Quite a ride!!

Advertisement
Back