OT: Diversity

Young Black adult, male
Live about 25 minutes south of Atlanta
Born in Jacksonville, florida
Team-1.Hurricanes( been a fan since I was a young kid) 2. Tampa bay bucs (same here) 3. Miami Heat( same here) 4. New York Yankees.(same here)
Aspiring physician assistant

Griffin or McDonough?

Im in East Cobb

Henry county

Advertisement
Young Black adult, male
Team-1.Hurricanes( been a fan since I was a young kid) 2. Tampa bay bucs (same here) 3. Miami Heat( same here) 4. New York Yankees.(same here)

Griffin or McDonough?

Im in East Cobb
My Grand Father was born and raised In Locust Grove..thats were we do our family reunion

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

20 years old. Hispanic, Catholic Male, studying Finance. Raised mostly in Miami but I go to University of Dallas a small school in Texas where I'm originally from. Just got back from studying abroad in Italy. Love all miami sport teams. Play rugby at my school.

Last edited:
Gsugradcanefan --> AA male, 34, originally from Atlanta area currently residing in Tucson, Az, Georgia Southern grad. Member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, INC. Canes, Raiders, Heat, Blue Devils CBB, contract adiministrator for the DoD.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Firefighter, from the muck, male, Caucasian, Canes phins heat Marlins.

Got some friends from the Muck... Alonzo Allen and Leonard and Lionel Campbell... went to school with them in Atlanta.

Im in Atlanta. Where about did you go to school?
Morris Brown College

I teach right down the street from the Atlanta University Center!

HumbleCane. White (Brown actually, Hispanic) male, former IT program manager for the VA healthcare system. Right-leaning libertarian. Current tech support agent as I slide towards early retirement (a decision I have come to regret, sort of miss the rat race and the flights to Washington DC!). Graduated from UM with BS and a Masters. From the South Florida area, Currently in the SW coast of Florida. Started watching the Canes back in 1983, watched UM win its first title at The Rat, and have been hooked since. Such a HUGE fan that it literally hurts.

Black male, Jacksonville FL, IT Recruiter, 34 years old, Canes fan for 34 years!

White male .. Live in Virginia 30 mins from Va Tech .. I hate Va tech .. Drive a beer truck .. Go to every Canes game if it's within a couple states .... Going to my first Canes vs. Fsu game this year .. I'm fully addicted to Miami football and my girlfriend hates it ..

Advertisement
Asian, former mgmt consultant for banks, stand up comic now, NYC, excited for this season. My fall will be so much better with a "successful" season

Young Black adult, male

Griffin or McDonough?

Im in East Cobb
My Grand Father was born and raised In Locust Grove..thats were we do our family reunion

Yeah that's close by

AZHurricane - white male, lives in Scottsdale, IT programmer/project manager, BS from UM 1981. Love the Canes, was there when Saban and Howard turned us around. Don't have any use for the NFL. Probably more liberal than 99% of this site (that I've seen post anyway).

Black, Haitian by heritage, Male... Born in the Miami Gardens area, lived around NW 183rd ST and 2nd Ave and moved to NW 186th DR and 7th Ave so I've always been within 10 minutes of Dolphin Stadium my whole life. Grew up loving all teams Miami more and more, to the point where i have a tremendous pride in anything that says Miami in it. I love me some canes and phins no matter win or lose. Although I am a huge football fan, I am also a band geek (did Marching band for Norland in high school, was band captain/section leader). Actually went to school with Duke and watched nearly every game he played as a Vike. Wanted to go to FAMU and major in Music for college but things didn't work out.
So currently I'm living in Eastern NC (MCAS Cherry Point) as an active duty USMC Avionics repairman. Visited a couple high school football games and they are TRASH and boring compared to Miami games. The first game that I ever went to that WASN'T in Miami, happened to be the game against Duke with the return (no, I wasn't waiting for Golden to be fired, it was a coincidence). Amazing experience and definitely was worth the drive. Unfortunately I'm yet to have the opportunity to go to a Canes vs FSU game.

Advertisement
Puerto Rican.

Muslim.

Investment Banker.

Interesting... I'm a Fan of Malcolm X and most people would frown on that because they see him as a radical racist... but he was a smart dude and once he realize that Religion had no racial limits.. meaning when he realize that he had white, red, yellow and brown Muslim brothers it caused him his life... I'm Christian but think that Malcom and Gandhi had some wisdom that we all could learn from..

Some Gandhi quotes that is relative to all Races, Gender and Religions:

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. "

I am not well versed in this, but didn't Malcolm maintain the call for a separate black nation even after he broke with The Nation and became a Sunni?

Mydas77 - AA male of Caribbean decent (trinijamerica). Grew up in Miami and have been a canes fan since birth. Got my BA from UM. Met my wife at UM. Attended UM with my sister, who was a bad *** 800 meter runner for coach Deem. I work as a lobbyists and political manager for an energy company in Pittsburgh. Can't wait to get back home to all of my diverse brothas and sistas (hispanic, white, asian, indian, and every other ethnicity).

Big up to all the vets. You are better men and women than me. Thanks for your service.

Thanks for starting this thread. It also feels good to not be arguing about coaches for a change. Feels like we have been arguing about coaches for a decade. Let's hope CMR can keep us united behind him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Puerto Rican.

Muslim.

Investment Banker.

Interesting... I'm a Fan of Malcolm X and most people would frown on that because they see him as a radical racist... but he was a smart dude and once he realize that Religion had no racial limits.. meaning when he realize that he had white, red, yellow and brown Muslim brothers it caused him his life... I'm Christian but think that Malcom and Gandhi had some wisdom that we all could learn from..

Some Gandhi quotes that is relative to all Races, Gender and Religions:

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. "

I am not well versed in this, but didn't Malcolm maintain the call for a separate black nation even after he broke with The Nation and became a Sunni?
Yes..but he wanted to establish his new movement on his own .. to avoid anymore friction with the Nation but even say he would eventually open to all Muslims... however he didn't live long enough to follow through with that...

Black Male, grew up in Detroits East Side (East Warren and Maryland Avenue if your familiar with Detroit) went to the Navy. Medically retired in 2014 PTSD.

CURRENT Occupation
Since 14 I've begun work for a hedge fund manager. Started out as a sales agent. Currently we trade in 86 different futures markets all commodities though our bread and butter is crude oil, heating oil, natural gas, doesn't matter if oil goes up or down we still gain capital. (People always say oil sucks. Yeah not for us) ask our parent company Saudi Aramco if oil sucks. In a nutshell I'm responsible acquiring qualified candidates to put invest into the market and seeking people who want to become shareholders.

Currently I seek commission based only sales agents who have contact with high net worth individuals (all of our client base) to just put me in contact with who they know and I'll do the rest. Conference call or whatever. We do 10% commission for all deals. All investments with us start at 100k and up. So people can keep their day jobs and still get checks from us. I love it so far and I've put some of my family's money into the company so definitely not the guy just telling people stuff I don't have my own money in. My family put in 500k in '14 we've been up 60-80% roi on that money every year. Which is our average. We are a private firm and if you want info pm your email I'll send you some information about us.

Enough with the work stuff lol

I currently travel a lot for business so I have a few properties around the country. When I'm not currently staying at them I have them listed on airbnb,homeaway and vbro just on the side. Usually run from 500-3000 a night depending on which location.
I have a high rise condo in Isla Verde beach in PR, I've got a unit on Biscayne in Miami right directly across from AA arena, I have a large home 8 BR, 14 Ba in Alpharetta,GA,
I have a home in Naples, FL (Pelican Bay) where our U.S. corporate HQ is.

I have a Penthouse Condo a block away from the Las Vegas strip. If CIS family is traveling I'm open to renting my places out to you guys as long as I'm not currently there.

Overseas I rent two properties one in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and the other in Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where I'll be for the entire Olympics.

Thats enough about me.
Too some photos last night from my current situation out here in Vegas. Like I said all properties I'm open to renting out for your vacation. CIS fam.

I'm a canes fan football, Michigan State fan basketball (mother went there brother played there) Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Red Wings my other squads.

It's cool seeing how many great people are in CIS as a whole.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160723-115943.jpg
    Screenshot_20160723-115943.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20160723-120006.jpg
    Screenshot_20160723-120006.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20160723-120016.jpg
    Screenshot_20160723-120016.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20160723-120021.jpg
    Screenshot_20160723-120021.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20160723-120040.jpg
    Screenshot_20160723-120040.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160719_214509.jpg
    20160719_214509.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
White male, family owned heating and air conditioning business in Colorado, totally addicted to Hurricanes football, last game I went to was [MENTION=10620]nebraska[/MENTION] in 2014

Edit: To all the former military servicemen on CIS, thank you. YOU'RE what makes this country great.

Last edited:
Gsugradcanefan --> AA male, 34, originally from Atlanta area currently residing in Tucson, Az, Georgia Southern grad. Member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, INC. Canes, Raiders, Heat, Blue Devils CBB, contract adiministrator for the DoD.

Here's a little something that makes all canes fans happy. Courtesy of your school:

image.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back