OT: discouraging news on the COVID/Sports side

Tuned out MLB years ago so It doesn’t matter to me one way or the other if they play or not. That being said, I believe CFB needs to stick to their plan/s and be as flexible as necessary. We’ve still got several weeks until a game is played so hopefully the virus will be under better control by then.

Advertisement
WTF cares about positive cases for young athletes. My guess is zero of them knew they had anything. Average about 50M flu cases a year in the US.. Move on

U know I keep hearing this rhetoric, so since I’m a #’s guy, let me break this dude for you:

-The Flu has been around since 1918. Since 1918, as we know it today (H1N1)
-This Novel Coronavirus has been around since maybe at the earliest, August 2019.

This virus has raced to 4m victims in the U.S alone, w/in 4 months. By far, this virus is more prolific than the Flu. In 1918, during the dark ages of medicines, approx. 650k Americans estimated to have died over a 1 1/2 yr period. In the height of modern medicine, approx. 150k Americans have died w/in 4 months from this virus.

The chit is real, and I’m getting a little tired of ppl down playing it. Until u r directly or indirectly affected by it, naivety will continue to support ignorance. ****; Trump (and I’m not trying to get political, rather heightening a point of ignorance), downplayed this virus for months, but NOW since ppl closed to him got touched, now he’s advocating wearing mask & social distance.

U see, this ignorant rhetoric about the flu v. COVID-19 needs to stop. One has been around for over 100 yrs in this country. OF COURSE 50m ppl would be affected by it yearly. The common cold is called “common” b/c it’s been around since the dawn of man early history, and it’s so common, there’s no way to truly calculate how many ppl have it on a yearly basis.

The Flu & Cold are both seasonal; this COVID has proven not to be which makes it more dangerous at the moment.

Edit: and it’s not the fact these young, healthy guys can recover from it; it’s about the OTHER ppl they come in contact w/ who can’t recover, i.e my homegirl (30 yrs old) who just infected her dad (66 yrs old), and now he’s dying while she’s good physically.

U know I keep hearing this rhetoric, so since I’m a #’s guy, let me break this dude for you:

-This Novel Coronavirus has been around since maybe at the earliest, August 2019.

This virus has raced to 4m victims in the U.S alone, w/in 4 months. By far, this virus is more prolific than the Flu. In 1918, during the dark ages of medicines, approx. 650k Americans estimated to have died over a 1 1/2 yr period. In the height of modern medicine, approx. 150k Americans have died w/in 4 months from this virus.

The chit is real, and I’m getting a little tired of ppl down playing it. Until u r directly or indirectly affected by it, naivety will continue to support ignorance. ****; Trump (and I’m not trying to get political, rather heightening a point of ignorance), downplayed this virus for months, but NOW since ppl closed to him got touched, now he’s advocating wearing mask & social distance.

U see, this ignorant rhetoric about the flu v. COVID-19 needs to stop. One has been around for over 100 yrs in this country. OF COURSE 50m ppl would be affected by it yearly. The common cold is called “common” b/c it’s been around since the dawn of man early history, and it’s so common, there’s no way to truly calculate how many ppl have it on a yearly basis.

The Flu & Cold are both seasonal; this COVID has proven not to be which makes it more dangerous at the moment.

Edit: and it’s not the fact these young, healthy guys can recover from it; it’s about the OTHER ppl they come in contact w/ who can’t recover, i.e my homegirl (30 yrs old) who just infected her dad (66 yrs old), and now he’s dying while she’s good physically.
My old man is 77 and hes still here. Its not black and white brother. It has alot to do with the health of the person when they get sick.
66 is getting up there. Health issues can start up at that age.

My old man is 77 and hes still here. Its not black and white brother. It has alot to do with the health of the person when they get sick.
66 is getting up there. Health issues can start up at that age.

It’s not black & white which makes it even more dangerous.

We thought young ppl were immune; now hospital beds are flooded w/ young ppl.

Thought that those w/ higher melanin in skin would be immune; now Blacks are more likely to get COVID than any other race.

The fact is, no one knows how this chit move, but we have hard data that ppl are dying and if they are not dying, other complications that may or may not be permanent.

So this mentality of “move on” “fake news” “more ppl get the flu” rhetoric gotta stop. There’s things we can do to slow this down, yet no one is doing it.

Advertisement

Thought that those w/ higher melanin in skin would be immune; now Blacks are more likely to get COVID than any other race.

The fact is, no one knows how this chit move, but we have hard data that ppl are dying and if they are not dying, other complications that may or may not be permanent.

So this mentality of “move on” “fake news” “more ppl get the flu” rhetoric gotta stop. There’s things we can do to slow this down, yet no one is doing it.
I respect you brother so I'll leave it here but i agree to disagree...

Advertisement
We’re friends man; so speak on it. I don’t take offense to any disagreement.
Im just saying we can't live in fear. To each his own. I know we were placed on this earth to make our mark and move on. Whatever the cause , death is inevitable...

There's been speculation that the Russian Flu of 1889 was actually one of our common cold viruses we currently enjoy (OC43). We built immunity and it weakened as it evolved. The case fatality rate is not close to what it was just a few months ago. California and Florida both have more cases than New York and only a fraction of the deaths.

This will not continue to kill at the rate it did at the beginning of the year.

Come visit the Covid forum. There's plenty of good information about the entire subject being shared.

I smoke 3 packs a day & didn’t die from it. Idk.

****; George Burns smoke cigars and drank scotch daily & lived to 100; my coworkers mom drank Vodka daily (Russian) and lived to 95. Lol.

But those appear to be the exception and not the norm. Lol.

Advertisement

The most frustrating aspect of this virus is it is a novel virus and we knew very little about it when it started to infect our people. Seems we learn something new about it every day and we sure know more about it today than we did several months ago.

If we all do our part , we’ll overcome this **** thing sooner rather than later.

BTW, my heart goes out to you and your loved ones affected by this Rell. Hang in there my friend. Hopefully this chit will be over sooner rather than later.

Advertisement
The most frustrating aspect of this virus is it is a novel virus and we knew very little about it when it started to infect our people. Seems we learn something new about it every day and we sure know more about it today than we did several months ago.

If we all do our part , we’ll overcome this **** thing sooner rather than later.

BTW, my heart goes out to you and your loved ones affected by this Rell. Hang in there my friend. Hopefully this chit will be over sooner rather than later.

Man; it’s still numbnuts acting reckless out here. I don’t get how simple protocols can’t be followed! Smh. Even my homegirl; she goes to a party, NO ONE had mask, and then she kisses her dad good night. Smh.

Man; it’s still numbnuts acting reckless out here. I don’t get how simple protocols can’t be followed! Smh. Even my homegirl; she goes to a party, NO ONE had mask, and then she kisses her dad good night. Smh.
I hear ya. I don’t understand it either. What blows my mind is I’ve seen MANY older folks not wearing a face covering. I’m 62 and In good health but no way I want that chit.

Advertisement
Back