OT - Devin White

Advertisement
well a few things,

we won't continue to look like we did this past year because you, along with so many on here don't quite understand that manny wasn't calling plays in 2020. Is there some kind of article i can provide to show you that manny called plays from 2016-2018 and baker in 2019-20? Also that play calling is everything and that they are not close enough in type or playcalling to lump those two separate years together?

Fans are always way more critical of their own teams than they are of others. these stats are against every one. Do you not see Bama, TCU, and even michigan now giving up way more points and yards to teams than before? the game has changed.

Just in 2019 bama gave up 48 to auburn, 46 to lsu, and 31 to ole miss. They gave up 48 to ole miss this year and 46 to florida, that never happened in the past. great offense beats great defenese and the game is changing. **** michigan who has been a staple of defense and had arguably the best DC in the country in Don Brown gave up 42 to rutgers and 49 to Wisconsin this year.

Our defense is fine when manny diaz is calling plays, no defense in the country is safe from great offense. (see vennables and ohio state)

But if you're going to discount stats based on you "feeling" like we give up a ton to anyone with a pulse, I would like to add in that teams we are head of statistically are playing far less competition in OOC so it's all relative

Fair is fair. I agree that Diaz's defenses were a marked improvement over what he inherited (and anyone who says otherwise is crazy). The 2018 defense was probably about as good as we've had around here for 15 years. When Diaz was running the defense, it was a very good defense.

But he isn't just running the defense anymore. He's supposed to be managing the entire team. For better or worse, he is the top man now (not just for one side of the ball, but for the whole program) and has way more responsibility than just the defense. So while looking at stats from 2016-2018 is somewhat helpful to get a picture of Diaz the DC, it completely ignores the fact he's got a lot more on his plate now (and we have never seen how his defense performs over a season where he is HC and DC all at once).

I expect some aspect of the team (or possibly just Diaz's health) will suffer for it, but precisely what remains to be seen.

He aint LIKE THAT. Dont let the announcers just hype it. Again he may have caused 2 turnovers all year.

He makes plays in blitzing moving forward because he has great anticipation and speed.

@HighSeas is a BUCS guy listen to him.

I think he is a good one..but watching yesterday you would think he was Ray Lewis....and that was all because of the announcers. I heard him being called a SUPER STAR maybe 4 times...only to hear him recording his first interception of the season right after.lol
I'm a Bucs fan myself. I wouldn't say he's Ray Lewis yet but 140 tackles and 9 sacks in year 2 and the best run defense in the league definitely stands out. he's trending up to being a star. He definitely had a better season than Bobby wagner and Fred warner that got in the pro bowl ahead of him this year

As a Bucs fan, I like Devin White. Is he the next Ray Lewis? No, nobody is. How about we let the young man play another season before we crown him or write him off?

Advertisement
I'm a Bucs fan myself. I wouldn't say he's Ray Lewis yet but 140 tackles and 9 sacks in year 2 and the best run defense in the league definitely stands out. he's trending up to being a star. He definitely had a better season than Bobby wagner and Fred warner that got in the pro bowl ahead of him this year
Not sure about that with Wagner. He had more sacks though...there tackles are close to about the sameand Wagner had more passes defended. Also Wagner had the name recognition.

I dont know much about Warner...i just know Wagner is the real deal.

Advertisement
Not sure about that with Wagner. He had more sacks though...there tackles are close to about the sameand Wagner had more passes defended. Also Wagner had the name recognition.

I dont know much about Warner...i just know Wagner is the real deal.
true true. just remember I told you 45 up next lol even tough I may have a bias

Advertisement
Back