OT - Devin White

Top 15 Defense in 4 of the last 5 years. Get educated my

Top 15 Defense in 4 of the last 5 years. Get educated my man.
Where did you get the info on being top 15 in D 4 of the last 5 years??? I looked up some stuff and found this...
2016 - 12
2017 - 28
2018 - 18
2019 - 23
2020 - 51
Info was found here : https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2020-team-defense.html

There's other sites with comparative stats but this one has always been solid....
Can you provide the site or sites you found your info at?? Thanks...

Advertisement
Where did you get the info on being top 15 in D 4 of the last 5 years??? I looked up some stuff and found this...
2016 - 12
2017 - 28
2018 - 18
2019 - 23
2020 - 51
Info was found here : https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2020-team-defense.html

There's other sites with comparative stats but this one has always been solid....
Can you provide the site or sites you found your info at?? Thanks...
it depends on what you consider important

i'm assuming that you're talking about yards which is arguably the least important metric

he was probably talking about things that are more important like

yards per play
turnovers forced
sacks
tfl
third down defense

There is a lot of details hidden in stats. Go back a actually watch the games and you'll see the Scheme is garbage. Dude specifically notice how this scheme gives no importance to setting the edge or getting up the field on RB swing plays. I could go on and on, but don't believe that 15th ranked defense BS!
You sound like a BS conspiracy theoriest ignoring facts and talking bull****. While Saban, Ohio State and Clemson have many teams put up 50 points on them Diaz has consistently had a top 10 Defense in 4 of the last 5 years. Crawl back under your Gator hole.

i'm assuming that you're talking about yards which is arguably the least important metric

yards per play
turnovers forced
sacks
tfl
third down defense
Bingo, yes. These are the imporant stats, not some other BS stats.

he has racked up some tackles this year...But its kind of spur of the moment to be crowning much with him. He seems to be good on blitzes. Dont think he forced much turnovers.

He had a better season than i expected him to..hes trending up had a good game today
Nah fam. He really like that. I was worried when we lost Kwon Alexander but 45 is really like that. They’ve had the best run D 2 years in a row but that team flew under the radar until the Brady hype

Advertisement

yards per play
turnovers forced
sacks
tfl
third down defense
No I used a site that didn't just go by Yards per game... I did put the site so someone could check themselves if needed...

You sound like a BS conspiracy theoriest ignoring facts and talking bull****. While Saban, Ohio State and Clemson have many teams put up 50 points on them Diaz has consistently had a top 10 Defense in 4 of the last 5 years. Crawl back under your Gator hole.
Is it top 10 or top 15??? You're kind of all over the place with this... If you could put the site you got your info from I'd appreciate it.. would love to see the info...

Is it top 10 or top 15??? You're kind of all over the place with this... If you could put the site you got your info from I'd appreciate it.. would love to see the info...
Depends on the year my friend. Some years it was top five. If you have any form of reading comprehension, you will understand that Manny's Defense has consistently been one of the top Defenses in the country. Look up how many points the Defenses in the national playoff games allowed. Look at Clemson vs. Notre Dame, Sabans Defense, Oklahoma Defense, etc, etc. The trend is for Offenses to be putting up a ton of points. If we would have had King the year before we would have easily had 10 wins. Then if we add any average kicker and punter, we would be killing it. This year, unlike the other years, our Defense was ****, but every Defense, even the good ones, has at least one year out of 5 that is an outlier. Anything else SBERG?

it wasn't even my post that was claiming top 15 defense but you are ignorant so I'm going to prove the other dude right and you wrong

so here we go

clear drop off this past year with baker calling the defense which is why Manny did at least the bare minimum required and removed baker's playcalling ability.. Also there is NO DATA to indicate that manny diaz won't succeed when taking control of the defense and playcalling.

this data only shows half the story because BEFORE this was coach No'D and our stats were trash and talent was even worse

cfbstats.com

Yards per play (defense) (most important metric imo)
2016 - 9th
2017 - 12th
2018 - 3rd
2019 - 12th
2020 - 57th

Sacks per game (top 10 3 times, manny's first year and baker the last year)
2016 - 22nd
2017 - 1st
2018 - 9th
2019 - 6th
2020 - 32nd

TFL per game (top 5 all 5 years) another very important metric
2016 - 5th
2017 - 4th
2018 - 1st
2019 - 4th
2020 - 4th

Opponent 3rd down %
2016 - 53rd
2017 - 75th
2018 - 1st
2019 - 42nd
2020 - 47th

Turnovers gained ( numbers average year to year but result in #1 in takeaways in P5 since 2016)
2016 - 67th
2017 - 3rd
2018 - 16th
2019 - 40th
2020 - 40th

so what do we have, we have a much improved and by some standards good first year under Manny in 2016 transitioning. Then 2017 and 2018 were statistically elite. Then 2019 slightly worse with baker callign plays, then the wheels came off for baker in 2020 and now manny is calling plays again

so to recap:
-4 out of 5 years we have been top 15 in yards per play (the one year being 2020 with baker, not manny, calling plays)
-#1 in turnovers in the power 5 since 2016
-top 5 EACH of the last 5 years in TFL
-3 out 5 years being top 10 in sacks, as high as #1. two outlier years were manny's first year which was night and day improvement from last staff and baker's last year
-opponent 3rd down % was an issue for manny and he fixed it his last year and we got to #1 in the nation which is impressive considering we had rumph and banda back there. the last two years baker fell off.

you mopes can b*tch and moan all you want about HC decision making but you don't have any ounce of intelligence if you try to denounce our defensive transformation and performance under Manny

Advertisement
Depends on the year my friend. Some years it was top five. If you have any form of reading comprehension, you will understand that Manny's Defense has consistently been one of the top Defenses in the country. Look up how many points the Defenses in the national playoff games allowed. Look at Clemson vs. Notre Dame, Sabans Defense, Oklahoma Defense, etc, etc. The trend is for Offenses to be putting up a ton of points. If we would have had King the year before we would have easily had 10 wins. Then if we add any average kicker and punter, we would be killing it. This year, unlike the other years, our Defense was ****, but every Defense, even the good ones, has at least one year out of 5 that is an outlier. Anything else SBERG?
So can you provide the site you found the info or not??.. I listed a site with all years in question ... It should be rather easy for you to provide... Thanks

cfbstats.com

awfully quiet in here once those magical stats you were begging for showed up

it wasn't even my post that was claiming top 15 defense but you are ignorant so I'm going to prove the other dude right and you wrong

so here we go

clear drop off this past year with baker calling the defense which is why Manny did at least the bare minimum required and removed baker's playcalling ability.. Also there is NO DATA to indicate that manny diaz won't succeed when taking control of the defense and playcalling.

this data only shows half the story because BEFORE this was coach No'D and our stats were trash and talent was even worse

cfbstats.com

2016 - 9th
2017 - 12th
2018 - 3rd
2019 - 12th
2020 - 57th

2016 - 22nd
2017 - 1st
2018 - 9th
2019 - 6th
2020 - 32nd

2016 - 5th
2017 - 4th
2018 - 1st
2019 - 4th
2020 - 4th

Opponent 3rd down %
2016 - 53rd
2017 - 75th
2018 - 1st
2019 - 42nd
2020 - 47th

Turnovers gained ( numbers average year to year but result in #1 in takeaways in P5 since 2016)
2016 - 67th
2017 - 3rd
2018 - 16th
2019 - 40th
2020 - 40th

so what do we have, we have a much improved and by some standards good first year under Manny in 2016 transitioning. Then 2017 and 2018 were statistically elite. Then 2019 slightly worse with baker callign plays, then the wheels came off for baker in 2020 and now manny is calling plays again

so to recap:
-4 out of 5 years we have been top 15 in yards per play (the one year being 2020 with baker, not manny, calling plays)
-3 out 5 years being top 10 in sacks, as high as #1. two outlier years were manny's first year which was night and day improvement from last staff and baker's last year
-opponent 3rd down % was an issue for manny and he fixed it his last year and we got to #1 in the nation which is impressive considering we had rumph and banda back there. the last two years baker fell off.

you mopes can b*tch and moan all you want about HC decision making but you don't have any ounce of intelligence if you try to denounce our defensive transformation and performance under Manny
I never qouted you about the top 15 stuff.. try reading it again... At least you provided something unlike the person who was quoted initially... All I wanted was for the guy to show something for the claims he made... He couldn't do it ...

Advertisement
Big Bs
1610995584463.gif

Nah fam. He really like that. I was worried when we lost Kwon Alexander but 45 is really like that. They’ve had the best run D 2 years in a row but that team flew under the radar until the Brady hype
He aint LIKE THAT. Dont let the announcers just hype it. Again he may have caused 2 turnovers all year.

He makes plays in blitzing moving forward because he has great anticipation and speed.

@HighSeas is a BUCS guy listen to him.

I think he is a good one..but watching yesterday you would think he was Ray Lewis....and that was all because of the announcers. I heard him being called a SUPER STAR maybe 4 times...only to hear him recording his first interception of the season right after.lol

so here we go

cfbstats.com

2016 - 9th
2017 - 12th
2018 - 3rd
2019 - 12th
2020 - 57th

2016 - 22nd
2017 - 1st
2018 - 9th
2019 - 6th
2020 - 32nd

2016 - 5th
2017 - 4th
2018 - 1st
2019 - 4th
2020 - 4th

Opponent 3rd down %
2016 - 53rd
2017 - 75th
2018 - 1st
2019 - 42nd
2020 - 47th

2016 - 67th
2017 - 3rd
2018 - 16th
2019 - 40th
2020 - 40th

so to recap:

Outside of the Notre Dame game back in 2017, who is one above average offense Manny's scheme has kept in check? Every single time we play an offense with a pulse, they shove Manny's scheme up inside himself. Manny's scheme could be successful in highschool and against inferior NCAA competition but when a team isn't a complete pushover, they rip the scheme to shreds. It looks great when we're shutting out the Duke's of the world but lord help us when we play a team with a competent QB or OC. If we don't adapt and change up the scheme, we will continue to be what we were last year. A good/decent but not great team that gets to play in the Cheez It Bowl every year. I personally am not cool with that.

Advertisement
Outside of the Notre Dame game back in 2017, who is one above average offense Manny's scheme has kept in check? Every single time we play an offense with a pulse, they shove Manny's scheme up inside himself. Manny's scheme could be successful in highschool and against inferior NCAA competition but when a team isn't a complete pushover, they rip the scheme to shreds. It looks great when we're shutting out the Duke's of the world but lord help us when we play a team with a competent QB or OC. If we don't adapt and change up the scheme, we will continue to be what we were last year. A good/decent but not great team that gets to play in the Cheez It Bowl every year. I personally am not cool with that.
You need two dominant tackles for this Defense to work. In fact every team needs two dominant tackles for their defense to work.
In our Championship years we always had dominant DT's and very good DE's that made our Defense lethal.

well a few things,

we won't continue to look like we did this past year because you, along with so many on here don't quite understand that manny wasn't calling plays in 2020. Is there some kind of article i can provide to show you that manny called plays from 2016-2018 and baker in 2019-20? Also that play calling is everything and that they are not close enough in type or playcalling to lump those two separate years together?

Fans are always way more critical of their own teams than they are of others. these stats are against every one. Do you not see Bama, TCU, and even michigan now giving up way more points and yards to teams than before? the game has changed.

Just in 2019 bama gave up 48 to auburn, 46 to lsu, and 31 to ole miss. They gave up 48 to ole miss this year and 46 to florida, that never happened in the past. great offense beats great defenese and the game is changing. **** michigan who has been a staple of defense and had arguably the best DC in the country in Don Brown gave up 42 to rutgers and 49 to Wisconsin this year.

Our defense is fine when manny diaz is calling plays, no defense in the country is safe from great offense. (see vennables and ohio state)

But if you're going to discount stats based on you "feeling" like we give up a ton to anyone with a pulse, I would like to add in that teams we are head of statistically are playing far less competition in OOC so it's all relative

well a few things,

we won't continue to look like we did this past year because you, along with so many on here don't quite understand that manny wasn't calling plays in 2020. Is there some kind of article i can provide to show you that manny called plays from 2016-2018 and baker in 2019-20? Also that play calling is everything and that they are not close enough in type or playcalling to lump those two separate years together?

Fans are always way more critical of their own teams than they are of others. these stats are against every one. Do you not see Bama, TCU, and even michigan now giving up way more points and yards to teams than before? the game has changed.

Just in 2019 bama gave up 48 to auburn, 46 to lsu, and 31 to ole miss. They gave up 48 to ole miss this year and 46 to florida, that never happened in the past. great offense beats great defenese and the game is changing. **** michigan who has been a staple of defense and had arguably the best DC in the country in Don Brown gave up 42 to rutgers and 49 to Wisconsin this year.

Our defense is fine when manny diaz is calling plays, no defense in the country is safe from great offense. (see vennables and ohio state)

But if you're going to discount stats based on you "feeling" like we give up a ton to anyone with a pulse, I would like to add in that teams we are head of statistically are playing far less competition in OOC so it's all relative
well a few things,

With the way offense is being played now it makes sense that teams aren’t looking as dominant defensively as they used to. With that said, the Bamas and Clemsons of the world may have an off game every now and again but still play good defense against good teams for the most part. Bama held UGA under 30 points, held A&M under 30 points, held UA and LSU under 20 points, etc. I’d be ok with giving g Manny a pass for a few off games if that’s all it was. His D consistently no shows against better offenses. That’s because his scheme is fundamentally flawed. Clemson and UNC both exposed those weaknesses extremely well. Teaching DL to just pin their ears back and get in the backfield at all costs is fundamentally detrimental to the rest of the defense and often leaves them running themselves out of plays and seeing the Lbs with OL all over them in the second level. With how bad our LB play has been, you get results like this year. Until the scheme changes it’s not going to matter how much talent we stack. If you’re teaching these players high school level technique (I wouldn’t even teach that at a high school level), we’ll continue to ball on the bad teams and get pummeled by the good to great teams.

Advertisement
Back