OT Dabo said it Top 15 Recruting classes, Evaulation, development and culture is how you win

Advertisement
That is funny. Dabos last 4 recruiting classes had average recruit rank in the top 5 of the nation. This sounds like Dabo is trying to cover for his lack of 5 stars this year.

That is funny. Dabos last 4 recruiting classes had average recruit rank in the top 5 of the nation. This sounds like Dabo is trying to cover for his lack of 5 stars this year.

I don't know his motivation but I know his words didn't match what has been going on there. I was waiting for someone to point that out.

Clemson is not immune to normalcy. If they drop to 15th ranked recruiting level it will still be a nice team but hardly a national championship contender.

Tom Brady for 18 years has enabled the Patriots to make frequent draft day mistakes and also to rely on smart versatile types on defense. Meanwhile if they had a Jacoby Brissett back there they'd need a defense like 1986 Giants when Belichick was defensive coordinator, and that still wouldn't be enough.

Likewise at Clemson with Watson and Lawrence. Even the head coach probably doesn't understand how much margin for error he owns simply due to a quarterback like that. Clemson is making mistakes right now in evaluation and strategy, but players like Lawrence and Justyn Ross more than make up for it, as if it doesn't exist.

maybe its that way now but it wasn't always that way. they played in the CFP in 2015 and 2016. here are the classes that built those teams. i don't need to to tell you we actually had a better average class ranking during these years.

2016 11th ranked class
2015 9th ranked class
2014 16th ranked class
2013 15th ranked class
2012 20th ranked class

Advertisement
maybe its that way now but it wasn't always that way. they played in the CFP in 2015 and 2016. here are the classes that built those teams. i don't need to to tell you we actually had a better average class ranking during these years.

2016 11th ranked class
2015 9th ranked class
2014 16th ranked class
2013 15th ranked class
2012 20th ranked class

Solid post everyone wants to ignore these classes that you posted and act like they been able to get who they wanted before they actually started winning. Even after winning this year their class is ranked 9. Since 2012 they have only 2 top 5 classes on ESPN and only 1 top 5 on rivals and 247, so they top 5 average that was said by the poster is not accurate.
They been winning by evaluating and developing at a high rate.

Your average is off. Since 2012 they have only 2 top 5 classes on ESPN and only 1 top 5 on rivals and 247. So I’m not sure where you getting your numbers from, but the last 4 years not including this year there class ranking average is 6.75 and if you use this years class going back 4 years their class rank is around 8.

ROFL, so all of a sudden coach dabo is the guru to how you win national championships, what are these clowns smoking these days. When you got so called UM fans trying to act like what dabo said somehow legitimizes and vindicates these nerd recruiting sites and class rankings, what were all our class rankings during the butch davis era, or what was our class rankings during the 80's and 90's, the formula at UM has always been simple, get balla's from round here mostly, cherry pick the rest of the country, manny knows and is not caught up in that B.S. and he's said it several times. All clemson is, they are the security & exchange commission team of the a.c.c., dabo is not that good of a headcoach, and neither is saban, only to the new and uninformed, head to head saban has been dealt with several times by oscar cryer and dabo, 2 coaches with all the bag droppin behind them 1 that barely escaped with a victory and the one trying to suggest the formula lost to coach shannon, now all of a sudden they are suppose to be football geniuses, none of those 3 coaches impress me, they definitely are solid coaches but they just so happen to be coaching at a time when alot of the good headcoaching pool has been diluted. All this s.e.c. is the best conference talk just started, when coach spurrier was with the gaytors, we barely heard from the rest of those bums, he had all those teams on lock down for the majority of the time he was there.
dabo my ***!

And watch this nervous ****** and all that b.s. motion, was going nowhere!

2016 11th ranked class
2015 9th ranked class
2014 16th ranked class
2013 15th ranked class
2012 20th ranked class

You missed my point about "average recruit rank" not "average Class rank". You can sign 30 3 stars and have a higher class rank than a stacked class that only has 17 kids in it. We did not have a better "average recruit ranking" than Clemson. Average class rank doesn't really mean much. The point is Clemson, for a while now, has been landing top recruits after top recruits. This is not some team stacked with 3 stars.

Advertisement
Your average is off. Since 2012 they have only 2 top 5 classes on ESPN and only 1 top 5 on rivals and 247. So I’m not sure where you getting your numbers from, but the last 4 years not including this year there class ranking average is 6.75 and if you use this years class going back 4 years their class rank is around 8.

You misread my post. I did not say they had a top 5 class every year. I said their "average recruit ranking" averaged top 5 the last 4 years(not including this class because it was not part of the NC run). You can signed 30 3 stars and have a higher class ranking than a loaded team who only signed 17 kids. Average recruit rank is basically add up all the recruits 247 composite rating and divide it by the number of players in the class.

For example if you have 3 kids a 97.5, a 98.00, and 85. You would do (97.5+98+85)/3 to get your average recruit ranking. That is the most important stat to look at when looking at a class(assuming you are still staying near your max scholarship limit). Obviously if you sign 4 classes with 10 kids in it then you will have an issue. Clemson didn't have that issue.

The Clemson team that just won the NC had the 4th most 5 stars in the nation and only 3 teams had less 3 stars than them.

ROFL, so all of a sudden coach dabo is the guru to how you win national championships, what are these clowns smoking these days. When you got so called UM fans trying to act like what dabo said somehow legitimizes and vindicates these nerd recruiting sites and class rankings, what were all our class rankings during the butch davis era, or what was our class rankings during the 80's and 90's, the formula at UM has always been simple, get balla's from round here mostly, cherry pick the rest of the country, manny knows and is not caught up in that B.S. and he's said it several times. All clemson is, they are the security & exchange commission team of the a.c.c., dabo is not that good of a headcoach, and neither is saban, only to the new and uninformed, head to head saban has been dealt with several times by oscar cryer and dabo, 2 coaches with all the bag droppin behind them 1 that barely escaped with a victory and the one trying to suggest the formula lost to coach shannon, now all of a sudden they are suppose to be football geniuses, none of those 3 coaches impress me, they definitely are solid coaches but they just so happen to be coaching at a time when alot of the good headcoaching pool has been diluted. All this s.e.c. is the best conference talk just started, when coach spurrier was with the gaytors, we barely heard from the rest of those bums, he had all those teams on lock down for the majority of the time he was there.
dabo my ***!

And watch this nervous ** and all that b.s. motion, was going nowhere!

Nobody’s is claiming that dabo is a guru or discrediting what we have done in the past with recruits to win. But for all the star whores in our fan base who keep saying we can’t win until we get X many 5 stars or finish with a top 5 recruiting class need modern examples to show that you don’t have to do it the bama way to win. Dabo is selective and precise in recruiting and is winning in the way that is most similar to how we did during our reign in the past. You have to evaluate and develop the players that fit your team and vision of what they can become as a player regardless of what star they are.

No matter how many times someone says Butch or Jimmy or Snelly or whoever the coach evelatuted players based off their own projection and wasn’t concerned about star ratings; most of our fan base don’t resignate with that. They either didn’t witness or don’t understand that we use to do it that way and they probably don’t believe that we can win today that way because of all the hype around recruting services, rankings, media attention and etc. Bottom line you can win in today’s college football without having the top rated recruiting class regardless off where the recruting services rank your class and Dabo is basically saying that and proving that. Which by no means I am saying Dabo is doing it exactly how we did it when were winning but he is the closest and best example that demonstrate that.

Your are also being extreme by discrediting that they are not good coaches. The longevity that they are sustaining with winning can’t be done on accident, so they have to be given credit for being able to do that. That’s what good coaches suppose to do compete for championships often.

Last edited:
Nobody’s is claiming that dabo is a guru or discrediting what we have done in the past with recruits to win. But for all the star whores in our fan base who keep saying we can’t win until we get X many 5 stars or finish with a top 5 recruiting class need modern examples to show that you don’t have to do it the bama way to win. Dabo is selective and precise in recruiting and is winning in the way that is most similar to how we did during our reign in the past. You have evaluate and develop the players that fit your team and vision of what they can become as a player regardless of what star they are.

No matter how many times someone says Butch or Jimmy or Snelly or whoever the coach evelatuted players based off their own projection and wasn’t concerned about star ratings; most of our fan base don’t resignate with that. They either didn’t witness or don’t understand that we use to do it that way and they probably don’t believe that we can win today that way because of all the hype around recruting services, rankings, media attention and etc. Bottom line you can win in today’s college football without having the top rated recruiting class regardless off where the recruting services rank your class and Dabo is basically saying that and proving that. Which by no means I am saying Dabo is doing it exactly how we did it when were winning but he is the closest and best example that demonstrate that.

Your are also being extreme by discrediting that they are not good coaches. The longevity that they are sustaining with winning can’t be done on accident, so they have to be given credit for being able to do that. That’s what good coaches suppose to d do compete for championships often.

Good post, ok, ill upgrade nicky and oscar cryer from being solid coaches, to good coaches for this era, dabo is still a solid coach, those 3 schools got the bag game on lock, and they pay top heavy for assistants and supporting staff, which is why they are where they are, the mini belicheats of college football. In the end clemsom and oscar cryers system were designed and better prepared to destroy 3-4 defenses, so they got ran off the field again, and last year, Bama's offense saved em, this year without last years offense, they got punished.

Our style of play will punish any team once we get right, the defensive standard has already been reset, we'll see what this blake baker guy brings to the table, we'll see if he's coaching with heart!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back