OT: Conference Expansion

WVU will never be a part of the ACC. They don't fit academically. If there is any kind of expansion, ND will be the first one they go after since ND already has their foot in the door. Whether or not ND will join is another discussion.

Other than ND, I really can't think of any more east coast schools they could go after. The conference is already huge.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I agree that WVU doesn't fit the ACC academically, however they don't fit the Big XII geographically. If you add in their former Big East ties to current ACC schools I think WVU makes more sense to join. If I had control of the conference alignments I would put Vanderbilt in the ACC and WVU in the SEC but that would just make too much sense lol. I do agree the ACC needs to tell ND to **** or get off the pot in respect to joining the ACC for all sports including football. Might happen when their TV deal with NBC is up.

Advertisement
Wow this was incredibly stupid and I stopped reading after you said go after USC, UCLA, and Stanford. Can only imagine what other retarded **** you wrote.

Wow this was incredibly stupid and I stopped reading after you said go after USC, UCLA, and Stanford. Can only imagine what other retarded **** you wrote.

View attachment 53633

You could've just negged(Which I'm sure you did) and clicked out of the thread. But nope...just had to be overly critical of a topic...Which btw, I really do appreciate constructive criticism. So thanks for bringing nothing to the conversation other than a backhanded insult. You get a B- for insight. :)

WVU will never be a part of the ACC. They don't fit academically. If there is any kind of expansion, ND will be the first one they go after since ND already has their foot in the door. Whether or not ND will join is another discussion.

Other than ND, I really can't think of any more east coast schools they could go after. The conference is already huge.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I agree that WVU doesn't fit the ACC academically, however they don't fit the Big XII geographically. If you add in their former Big East ties to current ACC schools I think WVU makes more sense to join. If I had control of the conference alignments I would put Vanderbilt in the ACC and WVU in the SEC but that would just make too much sense lol. I do agree the ACC needs to tell ND to **** or get off the pot in respect to joining the ACC for all sports including football. Might happen when their TV deal with NBC is up.
Only if acc & sec could agree to make trade. Acc trades ncstate/ wake for auburn/vandy. The reason i choose these two school, is due to the fact it gives both conferences brand new markets and give each team a chance to get out little brother role they're currently in.

View attachment 53633

You could've just negged(Which I'm sure you did) and clicked out of the thread. But nope...just had to be overly critical of a topic...Which btw, I really do appreciate constructive criticism. So thanks for bringing nothing to the conversation other than a backhanded insult. You get a B- for insight. :)

actually, I didn't neg. So at least you got that.

Advertisement
Just no! Not adding west coast teams. And not just 3 of them at that. The league is in a good spot right now. We have credibility with the polls.
We have just enough good teams to have a solid SOS without making it too difficult to get to the playoffs.

In this order. And yes some would say no and are improbable long shots

Notre Dame and Texas
Notre Dame and Kentucky
Texas and Kentucky
Notre Dame and WVU
Texas and WVU
Kentucky and WVU
Notre Dame and Navy

In this order. And yes some would say no and are improbable long shots

Notre Dame and Texas
Notre Dame and Kentucky
Texas and Kentucky
Notre Dame and WVU
Texas and WVU
Kentucky and WVU
Notre Dame and Navy

Would never get TX and KY we can’t offer them anything they don’t already have. And it’s less money and less power for them and no increase to their chances of winning.

For example TX: teams have left the Big12 becuase they have too much power and say. In the ACC they just another school. KY has the same deal on the B-ball side of the SEC. you know tabbacco Road ain’t given them a piece of the power.

Don’t want NavY having 1 triple option team per year is enough.

Okay, those West Coast schools are not leaving the Pac whatever# and nobody wants to travel that far. Let them die. ND is no-brainer, if they will come, but that will only happen if the can't get that TV deal again. We can help that by crushing their little green heads and keeping them out of the playoffs.

UCF or USF makes some sense. It would hurt gator recruiting more than us and both are huge TV markets which would cut into sec TV money and help ours. Also, it would give us 4 FL schools in ACC and increase our power at the conference level against the tobacco road people. If we assume that THE U is on the verge of being back, NOTHING will be able to hurt our recruiting very much. We will get who we want out of So FL and that will be just fine. Also, UCF and USF will act as "buffer
states" with SEC. Beyond that, a couple of the Texas schools would be nice for TV market and recruiting base expansion.

Advertisement
Just hear me out on this for the time being....

What if, the ACC gets proactive about the next round of conference expansion which we know is coming in the next few years. With everything going on with UL, I'd say drop them from the conference with cause and expand BIG. And I mean go after the west coast. Lets say they invite USC, UCLA, and Stanford. This would give the ACC 17 teams. I know everyone is thinking next round of expansion would be 16, but I say be proactive and go 18 with two (9) round robin divisions. The 18th team you ask? Who else would love that west coast connection? Yes, those Irish twerps. We all hate them, but i'd love to play them every year, if they joined a conference finally. Their contact with NBC is up in 2023 I believe as well. This would butcher any rights deals with any other conference, give us the private schools on the west coast, and add better depth to SOS in conference. But I think, I think this would also make the two division champions shoes ins for two spots in the CFP. Since the other conferences would probably jump on the rest of the PAC 12 teams, we could also make arrangements with Rose Bowl for another premier bowl partnership.

I was bored over thinking the game this weekend and thought this would give some of us something to chatter on...or just neg to oblivion.

This could very possibly be the worst idea ever in terms of conference realignment....USC and UCLA in the ACC???

Okay, those West Coast schools are not leaving the Pac whatever# and nobody wants to travel that far. Let them die. ND is no-brainer, if they will come, but that will only happen if the can't get that TV deal again. We can help that by crushing their little green heads and keeping them out of the playoffs.

UCF or USF makes some sense. It would hurt gator recruiting more than us and both are huge TV markets which would cut into sec TV money and help ours. Also, it would give us 4 FL schools in ACC and increase our power at the conference level against the tobacco road people. If we assume that THE U is on the verge of being back, NOTHING will be able to hurt our recruiting very much. We will get who we want out of So FL and that will be just fine. Also, UCF and USF will act as "buffer
states" with SEC. Beyond that, a couple of the Texas schools would be nice for TV market and recruiting base expansion.

Could hurt our recruiting also and adds another mouth to feed.
Don’t want either in our conference they don’t add anything.

If they would do an expansion teams like UCF or USF, Cincinnati, Temple, and West Virginia would be some nice additions. Notre Dame should be made to join the ACC for sure.

Totally irrational, but I'd love to see Cincinnati get invited to the ACC. It's my fiancee's alma mater and it would be fun to have an excuse to go see them play every year or two.

Expansion = boring schedule. All you’re doing is replacing games against teams in the other division like Clemson with non power 5 teams we let in to our division. Why is everyone so blind to this **** when it comes to playoffs and expansion. Look at Wisconsin’s schedule this year... conference expansions been a flop

Advertisement
Yeah, I don't see how helping to increase the legitimacy of UCF and USF by letting them in the ACC helps Miami at all. Hopefully we are building something long-term here, but if we are ever "down" again, UCF and USF in one of the major conferences would make it significantly more difficult for us to get up off the mat. And, letting them in also just gives us more pain in the *** teams to have to deal with year in and year out. We already have enough of those.

The conference as it stands is enough of a gauntlet to have to run every year, especially with all of the upgraded coaching these teams have seen over the past couple years.

Advertisement
ND - WVU
or
ND - VANDY

MIAMI will do everything it can stop UCONN after what it did pulled when we left the BIG EAST.
Aother good fix would be PSU, but they'll leave the BIG 10.

This is the dumbest proposal I've ever heard. It's something you'd hear in Easter Bunny Land.

If they would do an expansion teams like UCF or USF, Cincinnati, Temple, and West Virginia would be some nice additions. Notre Dame should be made to join the ACC for sure.
Big NO to WVA. The last thing this conference needs is another ignorant hillbilly school.

ACC will never add a west coast team, let alone 3 for 1 main reason - non-revenue sports. It would cost each school a fortune in extra travel costs to travel back and forth across the country to play matches in volleyball, women's golf, women's soccer, women's basketball, track and field, swimming & diving, etc. That said, I think we definitely see another round of expansion soon and I expect the Big XII to be cannibalized to create a "Power 4." And this to me would make a lot of sense with 4 playoff teams (each power 4 conference winner gets a spot in the playoff).

This makes most sense. I totally didn't computer non revenue sports. Thanks!

Advertisement
Back