OT: Conference Expansion

Santana Sosa

Freshman
Just hear me out on this for the time being....

What if, the ACC gets proactive about the next round of conference expansion which we know is coming in the next few years. With everything going on with UL, I'd say drop them from the conference with cause and expand BIG. And I mean go after the west coast. Lets say they invite USC, UCLA, and Stanford. This would give the ACC 17 teams. I know everyone is thinking next round of expansion would be 16, but I say be proactive and go 18 with two (9) round robin divisions. The 18th team you ask? Who else would love that west coast connection? Yes, those Irish twerps. We all hate them, but i'd love to play them every year, if they joined a conference finally. Their contact with NBC is up in 2023 I believe as well. This would butcher any rights deals with any other conference, give us the private schools on the west coast, and add better depth to SOS in conference. But I think, I think this would also make the two division champions shoes ins for two spots in the CFP. Since the other conferences would probably jump on the rest of the PAC 12 teams, we could also make arrangements with Rose Bowl for another premier bowl partnership.

I was bored over thinking the game this weekend and thought this would give some of us something to chatter on...or just neg to oblivion.

Advertisement
the ACC is called the Atlantic Coast Conference for a reason....not Pacific Coast

Advertisement
Force Notre Dame to be a full time member in all sports, or GTFO. If Notre Dame is #15 , then the ACC needs to add #16 . UCONN, UCF or USF would be possible additions.

Force Notre Dame to be a full time member in all sports, or GTFO. If Notre Dame is #15 , then the ACC needs to add #16 . UCONN, UCF or USF would be possible additions.

The ACC doesn't gain anything from those markets tho. Thats why I like the west coast idea. I think it would be a boon for recruiting.

If the ACC expands, get UCF and then officially add Notre Dame. UCF has only started to scratch their potential and Notre Dame is a huge brand name.

If they would do an expansion teams like UCF or USF, Cincinnati, Temple, and West Virginia would be some nice additions. Notre Dame should be made to join the ACC for sure.

Advertisement
1. nd doesn't want in, so there'd have to be a situation where they were forced to choose a conference. At that point there'd be some rediculous bidding war, and those fools aren't worth squat to me.

2. nobody wants to fly across the country several times a season to play games that will be on tv in the middle of the night.

If the ACC expands, get UCF and then officially add Notre Dame. UCF has only started to scratch their potential and Notre Dame is a huge brand name.

agreed,

UCF student here... really depressing that we are about to lose frost because of UCF's inability to ever get recognized

not saying they are world beaters but they could go 13-0 every year and still get left out until the day they join a major conference

Advertisement
Go get WVU and a group of 5 like Houston, Memphis, and Appalachian State....why would you guys want to bring in Florida schools? Especially a school like UCF with a growing school/alumni base that isn’t afraid to spend money?

agreed,

UCF student here... really depressing that we are about to lose frost because of UCF's inability to ever get recognized

not saying they are world beaters but they could go 13-0 every year and still get left out until the day they join a major conference

Frost isn’t going anywhere if he is smart. Wait for better job offers than the people of the corn and turdville

agreed,

Frost isn’t going anywhere if he is smart. Wait for better job offers than the people of the corn and turdville

He’ll leave for Nebraska...he can win there

Advertisement

agreed,

He’ll leave for Nebraska...he can win there

yeah he would be crazy to take the florida gig. I won't say UCF is a better job than florida but UCF expectations are 100x less and competition much easier

nebraska makes way too much sense and way too much $$ for him to pass up. He has UCF undefeated when we were winless two years ago. Literally had bars here in orlando giving free beer on saturdays until UCF won a game (not sure how they didn't go bankrupt)

Big 10 would be hard conference but that job at his alma mater with tempered expectations and a lot more $$ would probably be enough to sway him.. epsecially if he finishes undefeated this year and only makes a NY6 bowl

Go get WVU and a group of 5 like Houston, Memphis, and Appalachian State....why would you guys want to bring in Florida schools? Especially a school like UCF with a growing school/alumni base that isn’t afraid to spend money?

Because you don’t want to let the Big XII swoop in and grab any share of the Florida Market and snare a foothold in recruiting. Add Notre Dame officially and then play defense and take UCF. If UCF blows up, at least it will pad the coffers of Miami in the process instead of at our expense

Last edited:
WVU will never be a part of the ACC. They don't fit academically. If there is any kind of expansion, ND will be the first one they go after since ND already has their foot in the door. Whether or not ND will join is another discussion.

Other than ND, I really can't think of any more east coast schools they could go after. The conference is already huge.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

ACC will never add a west coast team, let alone 3 for 1 main reason - non-revenue sports. It would cost each school a fortune in extra travel costs to travel back and forth across the country to play matches in volleyball, women's golf, women's soccer, women's basketball, track and field, swimming & diving, etc. That said, I think we definitely see another round of expansion soon and I expect the Big XII to be cannibalized to create a "Power 4." And this to me would make a lot of sense with 4 playoff teams (each power 4 conference winner gets a spot in the playoff).

Advertisement
Back