OT- Coming 2 America

30 minutes in and I don’t care to continue. Not even funny. Lazy writing, bad story and cheesy characters. I giggled twice with the spitting scene but that’s it. My expectations were low but **** this is bad. Once you get passed the excitement of seeing these characters again it falls completely flat. Eddie lost it long time ago.

Advertisement
I had very low expectations of this movie just got through watching it and it was hilarious. There were some corny moments but overall pretty good imo. I might just be high...although the first one was a better movie, I think this one was funnier.

Only thing I liked was all the hot women, some I never knew existed.
With better writing it had potential, but they used me too writers instead.

I wasn’t expecting anything great. Everybody in their prime vs now, I knew I was just watching it for the culture and tradition.

Advertisement
I had very low expectations of this movie just got through watching it and it was hilarious. There were some corny moments but overall pretty good imo. I might just be high...although the first one was a better movie, I think this one was funnier.
You can stop your schtick every once in a while.

Just watched the first movie for the first time last night, very funny. A few scenes had me rolling in laughter. Did not realize the white ****** guy in the barber shop was Eddie Murphy, the makeup department deserves an A on that one! Was Eddie Murphy big prior to this movie? Def wasn’t alive then to know lol

Advertisement
Just watched the first movie for the first time last night, very funny. A few scenes had me rolling in laughter. Did not realize the white ****** guy in the barber shop was Eddie Murphy, the makeup department deserves an A on that one! Was Eddie Murphy big prior to this movie? Def wasn’t alive then to know lol

He’s also the singer and the barber. ****nio Hall is the other barber and the preacher.

Eddie was big since the early 80s.
If it wasn't for Eddie, SNL would've folded around the time of the Thriller. He's who Kevin Hart aspires to be like when he grows up.

Anyone expecting it to be as good as the first is setting themselves up to be disappointed. Eddie is no where near the star he was, none of the old characters are. So I expected it to suck because I don’t like most movies anyway especially Tyler perry type stereotype movies. But I thought it was pretty good. Many funny parts. Wesley snipes was great, loved Tracy Morgan and Eddie jr was better than I thought he’d be.

There will never be another coming to America period. But for a free Amazon prime movie full of stars this was funny and worth the watch.

So between all the mixed reviews w/ mostly I’m hearing not going in having expectations or pretend like u didn’t watch the 1st one, and u’ll enjoy the 2nd....yeah, imma pass. As a matter of fact, imma watch the original tonight.
Great decision!

Advertisement
Haven't seen yet but I did see yet another sign of civilization being beyond saving with people legitimately debating Kevin Hart's career vs Eddie Murphy's on the interwebs.

They remade Red Dawn?
With North Koreans invading the country. Far fetched does not even begin to describe it (yes, I know that as originally shot it was China, but changing it post production to Korea was absurd). You’d need an entirely different timeline (aka the videogame Revolution) to make it plausible.

Great decision!

Man, my grandma wanted to see it so I just obliged. F’ing hated that movie. The only thing that I liked about it was my early crushes Shari Headley & Garcelle Beauvais can still get this D, in 2021. Other than that; trash movie & concept. Not even that funny, and I detached myself from the original.

Advertisement
With North Koreans invading the country. Far fetched does not even begin to describe it (yes, I know that as originally shot it was China, but changing it post production to Korea was absurd). You’d need an entirely different timeline (aka the videogame Revolution) to make it plausible.
Oh boy. That seems dumb.

Advertisement
Back