OT- Coming 2 America

This is why I love CIS...

a thread about an Eddie Murphy movie can instantly descend into, die! die! die! I'll cut you b!tches!

LOVE IT.

z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

Advertisement
The original is one of my top-3 favorite movies. Our group of friends routinely use quotes from that movie almost daily. Such a classic.

I've been so excited about this, I just hope it doesn't suck.
It's gotta be hard to follow up such a classic.

The original is one of my top-3 favorite movies. Our group of friends routinely use quotes from that movie almost daily. Such a classic.

Don’t do it, Macho! I watched it last night and I was ready to turn it off 20 minutes in
sanford smh GIF

Advertisement

Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

The movie is nowhere near the first one but has some very funny moments. The barbershop scenes are the best part of the movie. It wasn’t trash at all, it was decent. There were a ton of references to the original, a lot of Easter eggs.

I knew it wouldn’t be the first but i was just hoping it wouldn’t be bad which it isn’t.

Advertisement
Half way though watching the movie it plays on the nostalgia every scene but is lacking in laughs. Hope it gets better

Last edited:
Advertisement

30 years later and here's the new quote...
Man you lyin, you ain't never met Martin Luther D'Eriq King

I saw it, too. I wasn’t expecting much and it delivered. It did have some funny moments and nice lines. Barbershop scenes was the funniest. A LOT of nostalgia. Bad acting. Worse writing. Too slow in a some spots. It did have some pretty women in it, tho. I went into it, expecting to rate it a 3 outta 10, at the conclusion, I gave it a 5.5. The key is going in expecting trash, and you will like it more. If you go in expecting it to be like the original, you gonna want to kick yourself in the *** for wasting your time on this movie.

Advertisement
I thought it was funny... I knew not to go into it expecting it to be better than the first... That's impossible.... But I enjoyed it... Had some good spots in it...

Advertisement
Back