OT: Clemson wants fewer black students

Because the golf team is only 10 white boys deep, about half as many white boys as the track/cross country team. As far as lacrosse goes its not even an NCAA team, below is a quote from the team site. Its almost like you just wanted to play some ****** whataboutism without actually informing your self.
"As a club team, Clemson Lacrosse is a player funded team so its reliant on player dues and donations.
  • Fall dues: Approximately $450.00 per player. Dues go to pinnies, practice shorts, shooting shirt, refs and field payments.
  • Spring dues: Approximately $1,400.00 per player. Dues covers all travel costs, helmets, pinnies, shooting shirts, game shorts, team bags, polos, sweats, league dues, coach and refs pay, among other things."

Cut out swimming and all the other "country club" sports that the so-called elites use to get free stuff for. CANCEL all that ****! Inform yourself about that.

Advertisement
Cut out swimming and all the other "country club" sports that the so-called elites use to get free stuff for. CANCEL all that ****! Inform yourself about that.
I see I have found a true intellectual... Clemson doesnt have a swim team... Its like you would just prefer to stay ignorant rather than informing your self.

I see I have found a true intellectual... Clemson doesnt have a swim team... Its like you would just prefer to stay ignorant rather than informing your self.
It is you that is ignorant...I can care less if they have a swim team or not, but in fact if Clemson is being racist (WHICH IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION) then indeed CANCEL the whole thing.

The argument is bull**** all the way around, I DGAF how any of you try to spin it. However, someone on here was dean on when they used the phrase "in today's political climate". With that, these morons definitely have a case. Anyone with a fraction of a brain, knows this is bull****, and had something like this popped up about 10yrs ago, it probably would have never made it out of the loon bin where the idea was developed.

One of the biggest arguments they should be hanging on, is the amount of money tied up in the football program, coaching salaries in particular, but I am certain you want hear that as part of their case. They will probably fall back on the amount of revenue the football program has generated each year since 2016 or 17. One might be able to question the money Clemson received from the CARES ACT, but we wont get into that.

The basis of the argument is not gonna stick, they would have been better off chasing Title IX on behalf of male athletes, but many male sports are declining, and women's sports are rising. Not to mention most schools violate that anyway. Track athletes receive a fraction of the money that football scholarships offer, as well.

It is you that is ignorant...I can care less if they have a swim team or not, but in fact if Clemson is being racist (WHICH IS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION) then indeed CANCEL the whole thing.
Yeah you really could care less... You have to try real hard to come off as unintelligent as you are.

Advertisement
Rather silly. By the way, how competitive are Clemson’s track and field and cross-country teams in the ACC? Nationally? I may be wrong, but if they were producing conference and national champions they’d find elsewhere to save costs.

Yeah you really could care less... You have to try real hard to come off as unintelligent as you are.
Like your some sort of brain surgeon because you determined racist Clemson doesn't have a swim program. Once again when you wake up from your 1950's dream age then you can get at me....till then continue fantasizing about getting me banned.

The title is not misleading. That is what the track team says is happening. They are being "directly targeted."

As for being related to Canes football - how many posts have been made saying Clemson is a racist school and that it's unbelievable that a parent would send their kids there for football? Thousands? Now we have students at Clemson who say that the school that has dominated ACC football for the last 6 years is openly showing its racist colors- and that is unrelated?

As for being inflammatory - I forgot how many fake Canes fans are on this board and didn't realize that so many posters would rally around Dabo. My mistake. How any Canes fan could possibly be upset by reading this news is honestly baffling to me. The only two reasons I can come up with for how this could be inflammatory is 1. reading bad news about Clemson upsets you or 2. black people saying they are being mistreated triggers you. I hope it's not the latter.

it's not rallying around dabo to call out bull**** where you see it. racism exists, but obviously frivolous lawsuits and the mouth-breathers giving them credibility take away from real cases of racism. it's a societal problem to call anything and everything racism because it's such a ridiculously easy card to play with consequences beyond their situation.

Advertisement
Like your some sort of brain surgeon because you determined racist Clemson doesn't have a swim program. Once again when you wake up from your 1950's dream age then you can get at me....till then continue fantasizing about getting me banned.
Lmao why would I care about getting you banned? Looks like you picked up a strong victim complex with that ignorance.

it's not rallying around dabo to call out bull**** where you see it. racism exists, but obviously frivolous lawsuits and the mouth-breathers giving them credibility take away from real cases of racism. it's a societal problem to call anything and everything racism because it's such a ridiculously easy card to play with consequences beyond their situation.

It's funny how you call this an obviously frivolous lawsuit. Why? Because you disagree with it? You say this isn't a real case of racism- again, how do you know this? It's currently being investigated. I see some legitimate questions. Why this sport as opposed to others? The AD said they had two choices- eliminate a male sport or add a female sport. Why not go with the latter? They say it would be too expensive- well someone should crack open their financial statements and look to see if that reason has merit. It is unlikely that the AD is going to give the track athletes unfettered access to the department's financial statements without a lawsuit. You seem to want to give Clemson University, a school that with a racist history (look up the history of "Pitchfork Ben Tillman" and Tillman Hall), the benefit of the doubt. I don't.

The black student-athletes who have filed the Title VII complaint obviously feel that there is racism and that they are being directly targeted- yet you feel qualified to dismiss the complaints of black students and saying this "isn't a real case of racism" and they are just playing the race card. You also say that it's a societal problem to call everything racism because it's a ridiculously easy card to play. Do you hear those dogwhistles in the distance? Because I sure do.

@RVACane

Bro, I'm curious why this got bumped to the off topic forum where other OT topics didn't (just glancing at the first page on eye in the sky, there are at least four or five threads that have much less connection to Miami Hurricanes football). This directly involves allegations against the school that has dominated the ACC for the last six years. My view is if it hurts Clemson, it helps Miami. Did it get moved because it triggered a number of posters or is this just housekeeping?

It's funny how you call this an obviously frivolous lawsuit. Why? Because you disagree with it? You say this isn't a real case of racism- again, how do you know this? It's currently being investigated. I see some legitimate questions. Why this sport as opposed to others? The AD said they had two choices- eliminate a male sport or add a female sport. Why not go with the latter? They say it would be too expensive- well someone should crack open their financial statements and look to see if that reason has merit. It is unlikely that the AD is going to give the track athletes unfettered access to the department's financial statements without a lawsuit. You seem to want to give Clemson University, a school that with a racist history (look up the history of "Pitchfork Ben Tillman" and Tillman Hall), the benefit of the doubt. I don't.

The black student-athletes who have filed the Title VII complaint obviously feel that there is racism and that they are being directly targeted- yet you feel qualified to dismiss the complaints of black students and saying this "isn't a real case of racism" and they are just playing the race card. You also say that it's a societal problem to call everything racism because it's a ridiculously easy card to play. Do you hear those dogwhistles in the distance? Because I sure do.

athletic departments all over the country are cutting sports because of revenue losses and title ix hamstrings how they can cut. adding an additional women's sport would be insane right now for any athletic department. the higher education bubble is on the verge of collapse and schools are cutting as much as they can. as far as the books go, clemson is a state school so their financial records are public and more detailed records could be had with a foia request.

also, how is it a racism issue when the track and field team has a bunch of white guys and the cross country team is almost entirely white? regarding racist pasts, why should i not give clemson the benefit of the doubt when miami only integrated 2 years before they did? should i hold miami's past against them too?

you only hear dogwhistles because you don't know what you're talking about and want to make it a racial issue.

Last edited:
Advertisement
athletic departments all over the country are cutting sports because of revenue losses and title ix hamstrings how they can cut. adding an additional women's sport would be insane right now for any athletic department. the higher education bubble is on the verge of collapse and schools are cutting as much as they can. as far as the books go, clemson is a state school so their financial records are public and more detailed records could be had with a foia request.

also, how is it a racism issue when the track and field team has a bunch of white guys and the cross country team is almost entirely white? regarding racist pasts, why should i not give clemson the benefit of the doubt when miami only integrated 2 years before they did? should i hold miami's past against them>

you only hear dogwhistles because you don't know what you're talking about and want to make it a racial issue.

They can make a FOIA request, and then Clemson could spend months delaying. Programs also cook their books ALL the time.

There is a big reason those other athletic departments all over the country aren't getting criticized and Clemson is. Those other programs likely didn't plead poverty then just build football facilities with indoor/outdoor waterslides and sign the head coach to a 10 year, 93 million dollar contract.

The school agreed to that contract, the boosters didn't sign Dabo. IPTAY isn't just for football, the donations are for the athletic department as whole- it just so happens that the school prioritizes football over the other programs and so it funnels the booster money there. The Clemson athletic department could have easily told Dabo, "We would like to pay you 9.3 million per year but we need to use 2.3 million from IPTAY to fund track and other programs, so the most we can offer is 7 million."

Budget problem solved. But of course, Clemson wants to win football games and can't risk losing Dabo, so booster money goes to his salary and not to the other programs that need it.

As noted in the article Swinney's salary comes ENTIRELY from the athletic department funds, meaning the athletic department itself made the deliberate choice to allocate the department's money to Swinney's salary and not to the track team and other low revenue sports.

And you are insane saying that I am the one making it a racial issue. What a bizarre argument and failed attempt at debate jujitsu. The whole story is that the black student athletes are saying this is a racial issue. That is the case being investigated. I didn't make this allegation- the black students did and it's being reviewed by the Dept of Education. You are the one who has unilaterally decided that complaint by the black students is frivolous without further investigation and that playing the race card is nothing more than a desperate ploy.

Last edited:
They can make a FOIA request, and then Clemson could spend months delaying. Programs also cook their books ALL the time.

There is a big reason those other athletic departments all over the country aren't getting criticized and Clemson is. Those other programs likely didn't plead poverty then just build football facilities with indoor/outdoor waterslides and sign the head coach to a 10 year, 93 million dollar contract.

The school agreed to that contract, the boosters didn't sign Dabo. IPTAY isn't just for football, the donations are for the athletic department as whole- it just so happens that the school prioritizes football over the other programs and so it funnels the booster money there. The Clemson athletic department could have easily told Dabo, "We would like to pay you 9.3 million per year but we need to use 2.3 million from IPTAY to fund track and other programs, so the most we can offer is 7 million."

Budget problem solved. But of course, Clemson wants to win football games and can't risk losing Dabo, so booster money goes to his salary and not to the other programs that need it.

As noted in the article Swinney's salary comes ENTIRELY from the athletic department funds, meaning the athletic department itself made the deliberate choice to allocate the department's money to Swinney's salary and not to the track team and other low revenue sports.

of course the school prioritizes football. football brings in money, track loses money. why would clemson even flirt with the possibility of losing swinney to a higher bidder instead of locking him down for the foreseeable future when he's clearly the second best coach in the country? it's not like boosters are the only source of revenue there either. swinney's tenure is bringing clemson money from cfp and title game appearances, not to mention stupid amounts of money from nike apparel sales (something that no other team at the school can do other than basketball every once in a while). again, you don't know what you're talking about.

even after your meandering about swinney, i don't see how you're connecting these dots and thinking it's a grand conspiracy to get rid of black students.

The response here has really been eye opening and very unexpected. I assumed Canes fans would get a good chuckle out of any bad news for Clemson, yet a good portion of the responses boil down to "this is a frivolous claim and those black students are a bunch of desperate whiners who are just playing the race card." If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. The amount of "It's just playing the race card" posts is astonishing and I'm amazed at how many posters have decided they are qualified to be the judges of what is "real racism" and what isn't because they looked at pictures of the track team and saw a bunch of white athletes on the team.

Advertisement
of course the school prioritizes football. football brings in money, track loses money. why would clemson even flirt with the possibility of losing swinney to a higher bidder instead of locking him down for the foreseeable future when he's clearly the second best coach in the country? it's not like boosters are the only source of revenue there either. swinney's tenure is bringing clemson money from cfp and title game appearances, not to mention stupid amounts of money from nike apparel sales (something that no other team at the school can do other than basketball every once in a while). again, you don't know what you're talking about.

even after your meandering about swinney, i don't see how you're connecting these dots and thinking it's a grand conspiracy to get rid of black students.

Simple "yes or no" questions-

1. You think the black students making the allegations are "just playing the race card"
2. You feel more qualified than the black students to identify "real racism."

Simple "yes or no" questions-

1. You think the black students making the allegations are "just playing the race card"
2. Since this isn't "real racism" no further investigation is necessary.
1. yes, because they provide literally nothing but conjecture in their complaint.

2. yes, unless the team can provide proof of racist motivations behind the cut. the burden of proof is on them as the accuser. now if they provide evidence that this was a racially-motivated move then heads should roll.

@RVACane

Bro, I'm curious why this got bumped to the off topic forum where other OT topics didn't (just glancing at the first page on eye in the sky, there are at least four or five threads that have much less connection to Miami Hurricanes football). This directly involves allegations against the school that has dominated the ACC for the last six years. My view is if it hurts Clemson, it helps Miami. Did it get moved because it triggered a number of posters or is this just housekeeping?
I’ve been in meetings all day getting pulled in multiple directions by quarter horses with Roman chariots. I know nothing about it.

Advertisement
Back