OT: Clemson wants fewer black students

Advertisement
Black & cross country is about as synonymous as The Kardashians & White Men.
The Office Lol GIF

Bro, Kenyans & Ethiopians don’t run cross country, they run cross world! They got the marathon on lock! We talking collegiate cross country...ain’t no cat from Liberty City, Compton, Inglewood, Englewood/Bronzeville, Brooklyn, BX running this joint.....unless he’s from Kenya or Ethiopia. Lol

Bro, Kenyans & Ethiopians don’t run cross country, they run cross world! They got the marathon on lock! We talking collegiate cross country...ain’t no cat from Liberty City, Compton, Inglewood, Englewood/Bronzeville, Brooklyn, BX running this joint.....unless he’s from Kenya or Ethiopia. Lol
I know but that’s not my point.

People are under the impression that Black people don’t do long distance running, as if they can’t, but they clearly can since the best long distance runners on Earth are literally Africans, meaning if there was simply a focus shift it would be accomplished.

If Black kids from the inner cities were trained in long distance running the same way Kenyas, Ethiopians were from childhood they would have similar success, it’s simply a matter of effort not lack of ability.

American Black kids get pushed into specific youth sports on purpose because of the future earning potentiality associated with it, but if the same effort that went into youth Football/Basketball was put into sports that we don’t play & that some people believe we can’t play, it would actually shock most a how quickly those sports would turn in just a few generations.

People are under the impression that Black people don’t do long distance running, as if they can’t, but they clearly can since the best long distance runners on Earth are literally Africans, meaning if there was simply a focus shift it would be accomplished.

If Black kids from the inner cities were trained in long distance running the same way Kenyas, Ethiopians were from childhood they would have similar success, it’s simply a matter of effort not lack of ability.

American Black kids get pushed into specific youth sports on purpose because of the future earning potentiality associated with it, but if the same effort that went into youth Football/Basketball was put into sports that we don’t play & that some people believe we can’t play, it would actually shock most a how quickly those sports would turn in just a few generations.

I feel what ur saying; and I agree w/ u completely. But let me share what my homegirl’s pops shared w/ me who was born & raised in Kenya but moved here to afford his children a better life (he was actually my professor at Long Beach St):

It was 2002, and The Kenyans had a stranglehold on the LA Marathon. So we talked about it, and he was breaking it down like America have spoiled us. We want fast life, things that look ****, but fundamentals have been lost. He was like in his village, you didn’t have cars, or air conditioning, or certain luxuries, but you had the fundamentals that allowed you to thrive, endure, and value everything.

I guess w/ us as African-Americans, we don’t get involved w/ cross country b/c it’s not placed before us. 60’s, 100, 200, 400’s....those are the headliners & those are the events we’re pushed into. Quick, fast, flashy.

My dad grew up in a rural part of Mississippi; he ran everywhere til they finally started paving some roads & my grandad got a car....but that endurance, that hard work never stopped, hence he, too, started running Marathons, first one in 1988. Me? **** naw! Lol. I ran 5 of em later on just to be w/ my pops, but I wanted that 100, 200 action. That got the attention & it was easier on the lungs. Truth be told if events like cross country was put before us, swimming, etc. we could thrive in them all, but they are not. Football, Basketball, sometimes baseball, & track/field particularly those events I mentioned, are put & pushed on to us.

Advertisement
Hmm...my thing is this...something isn’t right about this situation. I was under the impression the only sports that generate revenue in college are FB and BB. I thought they funded the others. Aside from that, a major D1 program not having a track team in a major conference is VERY odd especially when football players run track to work on speed. It only helps. There’s something else going on. Clemson probably didn’t think the athletes would go the lawsuit route which in turn is bringing light to the issue. If someone starts doing some investigative work, they may find something. When there’s smoke... Aside from that. College track is way more exciting to watch than Golf. I’d keep an eye on this situation..

Hmm...my thing is this...something isn’t right about this situation. I was under the impression the only sports that generate revenue in college are FB and BB. I thought they funded the others. Aside from that, a major D1 program not having a track team in a major conference is VERY odd especially when football players run track to work on speed. It only helps. There’s something else going on. Clemson probably didn’t think the athletes would go the lawsuit route which in turn is bringing light to the issue. If someone starts doing some investigative work, they may find something. When there’s smoke... Aside from that. College track is way more exciting to watch than Golf. I’d keep an eye on this situation..

U have a helluva point.

And I am sure in today's political climate the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice will take a peak as well. I would suspect they are cutting men's track and field because they have more scholarships. In any case, it will have no impact to their football program.

The AD said the choice is to cut a men's sport or add a women's sport. They don't want to add a women's sport because it could be expensive and cost millions every year in perpetuity. As you know, a lot of athletic Dept money comes from the big sports revenues, especially football, which has to share it with the other programs. The way it could hurt the football program if is the school is forced to add another women's sport because now that they've been called out as racists (and you agree that DOJ and DOE aren't going to let them slide now that we all live in woketopia) , they probably won't be able to drop men's track and field. If the athletic department has to pony up two more million a year for women's beach volleyball to be compliant with Title IX, that's two million less for the other programs, including football.

Advertisement
This team picture doesn't exactly fit the lawsuit's narrative 👇

Still not a great look for the complainants when you broaden the roster across TF + XC👇

From my layman's perspective, would seem lawsuit is uphill struggle, particularly with just XC.

Despite what some might believe, resources actually have to come from somewhere. Maybe Clemson's magical money tree died. Maybe they are unwilling to carve out additional football $ to support rest of AD.
Colby Caviness obviously identifies as black...

Advertisement

But people are talking about Americans, not Kenyans. You’d have to be retarded to not know that Kenyans beat *** in marathons

Are the cutting track but keeping swimming or golf?

Advertisement
Are the cutting track but keeping swimming or golf?
It looks like that's all.

I’ve never seen anyone claim that a black person wasn’t capable of dominating a sport, outside of Jimmy the Greek and swimming 30 years ago, the point on cross country is that anyone can be decent at it if they try real hard and run a lot. Since it basically requires effort you see a lot of these kids who don’t have the athleticism for football or hoops going to distance running or kickball. It’s actually a compliment to the athletic prowess of the black man to say that whites are relegated to cross country.

Advertisement
Back