OT: Clemson wants fewer black students

I agree but it makes Clemson look bad so I am going to say it's true. If they cut it, it's because they are racists, if they keep it, it will bleed their budget. Win win.
only an idiot would take this lawsuit seriously, and it won't affect them unless some woke retards in the press and judicial system allow it to be successful. no one cares about track.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You honestly think it will have ANY impact on their football program? That's really a funny one.

It makes the school look bad. Good enough for me. Laugh all you want, but the Office of Civil Rights at the Dept of Education is currently reviewing the complaint, and will launch a formal investigation if they find it credible (in today's political climate, I'm betting they will).

Frankly, I'm amazed at how many Clemson lovers are crawling out of the woodwork right now. This would be a good time to fan the flames, but seems a lot of Dabo ball-ticklers masquerading as Cane fans want to defend their man.

And is the complaint without merit? Probably but there might be a kernel of truth in it. Why cut track which has a higher proportion of blacks than tennis or golf? The Clemson AD said they cut either cut track or add a female sport, but the latter is expensive. God forbid more of the football revenue go someplace other than football.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Clemson is a public university, so that’s one avenue to do research through freedom of information or whatever sunshine type laws they have in South Carolina.

Another issue they might have is the Title IX implications of this.

Finally, how much of a budget drain is track and field and cross country? These are not the most expensive sports to run, as anybody that’s ever been associated with track and field can tell you. Sure there are than traveling costs, and coaching personnel costs, but the equipment cost is minimal compared to other sports.

I guess I’m just not seeing how this saves them much money.

Finally a public institution in South Carolina, one of the top public institutions in South Carolina, not having a track and field team? That’s kind of a loss in prestige I would think

Advertisement
Finally a public institution in South Carolina, one of the top public institutions in South Carolina, not having a track and field team? That’s kind of a loss in prestige I would think

Yeah, and Clemson was the first, and probably only P5 to cut its track program. **** Clemson's track program is probably more decorated than their football program. This lawsuit's got more merit the more that you think about it.

Advertisement
Mark Packer will be ****ed. He's a Clemson grad - played golf - and has been advocating for himself to drive the golf cart that leads the pack of cross country participants. No lie.

z8AJNUSLDgNvG.gif

Advertisement
Back