OT: Clemson wants fewer black students

It makes the school look bad. Good enough for me. Laugh all you want, but the Office of Civil Rights at the Dept of Education is currently reviewing the complaint, and will launch a formal investigation if they find it credible (in today's political climate, I'm betting they will).

Frankly, I'm amazed at how many Clemson lovers are crawling out of the woodwork right now. This would be a good time to fan the flames, but seems a lot of Dabo ball-ticklers masquerading as Cane fans want to defend their man.

And is the complaint without merit? Probably but there might be a kernel of truth in it. Why cut track which has a higher proportion of blacks than tennis or golf? The Clemson AD said they cut either cut track or add a female sport, but the latter is expensive. God forbid more of the football revenue go someplace other than football.
And I am sure in today's political climate the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice will take a peak as well. I would suspect they are cutting men's track and field because they have more scholarships. In any case, it will have no impact to their football program.

Advertisement
This team picture doesn't exactly fit the lawsuit's narrative 👇

Still not a great look for the complainants when you broaden the roster across TF + XC👇

From my layman's perspective, would seem lawsuit is uphill struggle, particularly with just XC.

Despite what some might believe, resources actually have to come from somewhere. Maybe Clemson's magical money tree died. Maybe they are unwilling to carve out additional football $ to support rest of AD.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I've heard it all....
Very Funny Reaction GIF

Advertisement
The only solution to Title IX is to recognize cheerleading as a sport. It's really ridiculous that courts have decided to parse the types of after school activities that count or don't count in the way they look at support. Let schools give scholarships to hot chicks who want to be cheerleaders.

Clemson should be ashamed of itself. Not because of the race thing. But because they are cutting Track and Field for good. What kind of major division 1 program can’t maintain a track and field program? That’s a major Olympic sport. Smh terrible.

Advertisement
No one cares about College tennis & golf either but they didn't cut those programs, so their might be some merit to this lawsuit.
Pretty sure there is more blacks on the football team than all the other programs combined......so wouldnt they get rid of football........

Advertisement
Back