OT Cigar Smokers

I'd love to have an aged Vegas Robaina or a San Cristobal with a dog.... Maybe Rohan or Perryman. This is a hard question, because id also love to talk to Vilma, EG, and Sean Taylor over a good Cuban or a 80th anniversary 1926

Advertisement
I don't even smoke cigars but I'd bring Reed back some Cuban's and install a humidor room just to shoot the **** with him over some scotch.

Reed for sure. I’ve smoked with Searcy at Casa de Monte Cristo on Brickell. Ray Lewis is a big aficionado, and is a member there as well. I have been wanting to set up a CIS smoker for some time, but never seems to work out. Stefan and Duasso’s podcast on the MNW commits about a month ago was at the Casa de Monte Cristo in Boca. @SpikeUM was invited, but was a no show.

When you said Monte Cristo, I headed to Flakowitz deli, where another Reed frequents, Eric of the Miami Heat.

Advertisement
So now you’ve entered my domain, I was the National Sales Manager for a brand for 5 years and obviously an avid smoker. So here’s my tidbits:
1) learn to retrohale (fancy word for blowing smoke out your nose)
2) you don’t, I repeat don’t, inhale
3) hanging at a cigar lounge is to chill and talk all things, at a shop we solve all the worlds problems, cure cancer, and there is no safer place where all men are equal in America than a cigar shop.
4) enough with Cuban cigars they are dog crap. First they are not 100% Cuban, they are importing tobacco from Honduras, Nicaragua and DR to fill EM because they don’t have enough tobacco for the deman. Secondly, the soil has gone Kaka because well the regime has used the soil for any and everything they can hence the soil is not enriched like it needs to. It’s a perception BS because of the name but the cigars suck. Once in a while you do get a good one, and when all things are equal Cuban tobacco is the best, but right now they suck donkey balls. People smoke them for status without having a clue what they are smoking.
4) Brands I highly recommend:
Obviously you have the Padrons and Fuentes,
But if you are love Opus X but don’t want to drop the coin on it, for about $10 less grab yourself the Ashton Symmetry, I fall it baby opus and Fuente makes it so there you go.
Anything from Illusione Cigars, Dion has arguably the most refine palate in the industry. That man was able to figure out the farms from which the tobacco we used to make a cigar, which he loved, just by smoking it. Illusione Rothschild hands down is the best cigar bang for your buck right now.
My Father Cigars just came out with Fonseca, it is fire, reminiscent of when he first came out on the scene, fantastic.
I like what the guys at Warped are doing, the JJ cabinet is a great morning smoke with your coffee.
But for me the best morning smoke with your coffee, best Connecticut cigar out there is by EPC New Wave Reserve, phenomenal.
Ernesto, EPC, also has a fantastic cigar, The Encore, I was there in DR and smoked it at his factory prior to him releasing it and told him, and the other reps this cigar would win Cigar Of The Year, I was telling all the shops as well and it did. Great medium body cigar.
The brand HVC very good stuff, a very small brand locally here in Miami but D’Crossiere great as well.
AJ Fernandez
Aromacraft is another great brand, one of the owners is a douche but his cigars are great.
Factories to look for when trying out brands, anything from Aganorsa, AJ Fernandez, Plascencia, Tabacalera Allianza (DR)
Nica cigars is the place to be right now

And no to Montecristo for me. Too pretentious, cigar shops or lounges is to chill and hang out.
Here in Miami to hang out Sabor Havana in Doral, and if you want Boutique Cigar Shop in Miami, the only real one in Miami is Caribbean Cigars in West Kendall.

And no to Montecristo for me. Too pretentious, cigar shops or lounges is to chill and hang out.
Here in Miami to hang out Sabor Havana in Doral, and if you want Boutique Cigar Shop in Miami, the only real one in Miami is Caribbean Cigars in West Kendall.
Fawk the pretention bro. The cigars are reasonably priced and Searcy is the most laid back guy in the world, always happy to talk Canes football with anyone. Don't be intimated by fancy stuff on the walls and the elevator. Those jabronis take their pants off the same as you and me, one leg at a time.

Advertisement
Fawk the pretention bro. The cigars are reasonably priced and Searcy is the most laid back guy in the world, always happy to talk Canes football with anyone. Don't be intimated by fancy stuff on the walls and the elevator. Those jabronis take their pants off the same as you and me, one leg at a time.
Has nothing to do with any inferiority complex or class envy for me. I hung with Searcy at a shop right by JRS, cool dude, and everybody at a cigar shop is laid back. Doesn’t matter where you go, that’s the beauty of hanging out and smoking a cigar at a cigars shop. Places like Montecristo in Brickell for my taste just ain’t my thing in the end.
Now Casa De Montecristo in Chicago? I like going there.
But hey man if you love it there, enjoy and light it up. In the end all that matters is you enjoy your time wherever that may be

Has nothing to do with any inferiority complex or class envy for me. I hung with Searcy at a shop right by JRS, cool dude, and everybody at a cigar shop is laid back. Doesn’t matter where you go, that’s the beauty of hanging out and smoking a cigar at a cigars shop. Places like Montecristo in Brickell for my taste just ain’t my thing in the end.
Now Casa De Montecristo in Chicago? I like going there.
But hey man if you love it there, enjoy and light it up. In the end all that matters is you enjoy your time wherever that may be
The one in Boca is right across Glades from my office, so that is why I hit it. It is the only game in town, so to speak. But next time I’m in Miami, I will definately check out the places you recommended.

got blunt GIF

Advertisement
Recently learned that Reggie Wayne got Ed started on Cigars, so I would probably choose him just for that reason lol

Advertisement
The one in Boca is right across Glades from my office, so that is why I hit it. It is the only game in town, so to speak. But next time I’m in Miami, I will definately check out the places you recommended.
I hear you and I was talking about the Brickell location in regards to the pretentiousness. Same owner opened up both, not sure if he still is. Honestly I don't know how the one in Brickell is making its nut, I know the idea was to have it be like the Havana Room in NYC. You'll like Sabor Havana in Doral

Cuban tobacco is still far superior in complexity and milder in strength compared to most NC tobacco...I enjoy the taste much more. If I had my pick, I'd smoke a partagas lusitania with Dan Sileo or DBC...nah jk I'd smoke one with Ed Reed for sure...

I hear you and I was talking about the Brickell location in regards to the pretentiousness. Same owner opened up both, not sure if he still is. Honestly I don't know how the one in Brickell is making its nut, I know the idea was to have it be like the Havana Room in NYC. You'll like Sabor Havana in Doral
The one in Brickell was able to sell a good amount of memberships and does well with the alcohol sales according to my buddies that live by there and go there often. Wonder how much truth there is to that though. They have decent stuff and pricing isn’t terrible considering the location. It’s nice but sure as **** ain’t no Havana Room. And Sabor is a great shop. I’d go more if I was in the area more. I still have some Opus BBMFs that I picked up there when I started smoking about 8-9 years ago.

Advertisement
Back