OT: Bucs/Packers

Advertisement
well it was just a tweet with belichick's coaching record with brady vs. without. He's well below .500 without him.

I guess people can take it all too far, but here's what we know for sure - brady's the goat, and brady went right back to the SB without BB, on a team that hasn't had much success in its history. Meanwhile, BB has not had meaningful success without Brady.

Those are facts, as D$ would say.
I think they were betting favorites coming into the season. They were tied at 6th with Dallas. I mean the Patriots were 1400 before he announced, to win it, and then bucs were 1500 during training camp. Bill also coached some rough teams that needed alot of help. I just think he'll need some time to develop players again since then cant spend money like they used to. They might be the same next year but I think in two years time they'll be contenders again.

Aaron has an all pro in Adams, a solid 3 headed running game that included a PB Running Back.

Favre had Sharpe (who should be in the HOF), Franks (who started us as TEU), Ahman Green, Brooks, etc. & a very good defense for yrs that included arguable the greatest DE in NFL history.

I definitely don’t think either QBs have hurt for talent. It’s been a nice media excuse, but both have had plenty of talent, imo
I hear ya. I underestimated the talent surrounding both because neither put together a dynasty.

The NFC always seems up for grabs. Seattle looked primed for a dynasty with Russell Wilson but haven’t gotten to the NFC championship game since they lost to NE in the SB. Carolina, Atlanta, Philadelphia, the Giants and the Rams had one-year runs. San Francisco blew two SBs.

Since his SB win in 2010, Rodgers is better than any NFC QB making the SB, except this year, but still went 0-4 in NFC title games. So, something has been missing. Maybe he lacks an intangible quality preventing him from getting over the top? Maybe it’s free agency, and it’s nearly impossible to keep a core team together to win 3-4 championships?

I hear ya. I underestimated the talent surrounding both because neither put together a dynasty.

The NFC always seems up for grabs. Seattle looked primed for a dynasty with Russell Wilson but haven’t gotten to the NFC championship game since they lost to NE in the SB. Carolina, Atlanta, Philadelphia, the Giants and the Rams had one-year runs. San Francisco blew two SBs.

Since his SB win in 2010, Rodgers is better than any NFC QB making the SB, except this year, but still went 0-4 in NFC title games. So, something has been missing. Maybe he lacks an intangible quality preventing him from getting over the top? Maybe it’s free agency, and it’s nearly impossible to keep a core team together to win 3-4 championships?

Yeah; my dad put me in front of a TV to watch football since literally birth, but I can only vaguely recall games from the age of 3, & vividly recall games from the age of 4 & beyond. As long as I can remember, the NFC has been a carousel. In the 80’s, it was Chicago, Washington, NYG, SF, jockeying for position...even ****erson’s Rams put up a fight, but primarily it was NYG, Washington, & SF. In the 90’s, it was Dal, NYG, SF, early Washington, but of course we know Dallas dominated that era. Since 2000, man, we’ve seen Philly, TB, The Rams, Bears, Panthers, Seattle, NO, NYG, Packers, literally etc. etc. In the AFC since 2000, it’s literally been NE or Manning. Lol.

So I’m not sure if it’s due to parity or what, but the top, 1st ballot HOFers, have struggled to build a dynasty in the NFC. It’s been one hitter, quitters no matter what weapons they have.

The goat is the Packers head coach Matt LaFleur, the guy is a complete idiot and would not want to play for him ever. The dumbest coaching decision I have ever seen not going for a TD with 4th down and 8 yards to go with a little over 2 minutes left in the game. He needed a TD either way with a FG or not. WHAT A FRIGGIN MORON!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back