OT: Bogle must be a curse / Gators DC

The hillbilly towns you speak of are all college towns, with beautiful campus settings, and football is king - as far as not pulling players not sure what
you mean as all three of the schools mentioned have been pulling players for many years. Isn't it just possible that a kid from Miami might want to
experience something different from where they grew up? and keep in mind current players do not know of Miami as you can remember the program
Also tend to have more blonde girls, which are in shorter supply in South Florida.

Advertisement
OK, so Florida pays, Bama pays, and Tennessee who pulled a great class out of nowhere pays also, in the meantime you're elated you hired
Enos, who coached at Bama, who will help you with recruiting and build your program. Those other places have some pretty good coaches too,
not to mention facilities that are second to none, but they all have to pay players to go to their schools.

Just to help you out sweetheart, we are talking more about the recruit than we are the potential destinations.

Some kids might just make commitments based on things other than your school's (whoever the **** that is) "pretty good coaches" and "facilities that are second to none" (but probably second to Oregon)..

UM

i dont wish him bad. im actually happy he flipped to UF. not only because saban took an L but because it was sad to see him commit at the all american game. he clearly didnt want to go there.

Advertisement
If Grantham leaves will be his 5th school in last 6 years. Dude stays long enough for his shtick to get old than moves on. Would love to see him stay with gates a while longer before they run him off. Had an old acquaintance attend one of his 101 defense for women seminars and she said that guy was full of **** and she knew nothing about football.
Was he out of work at the time? What serious coach has time to teach women basic defense?

The hillbilly towns you speak of are all college towns, with beautiful campus settings, and football is king - as far as not pulling players not sure what
you mean as all three of the schools mentioned have been pulling players for many years. Isn't it just possible that a kid from Miami might want to
experience something different from where they grew up? and keep in mind current players do not know of Miami as you can remember the program

UF a beautiful campus? Guess we have to agree to disagree. The town surrounding is leas than desirable as well. Yes some kids want to leave sure, but you still fail to acknowledge the extra benefits aspect. You also fail to acknowledge playing in front of friend and family as a draw to stay home.

You note these schools have been pulling players for years but since UM has been down we cannot expect the same. Bama, Tennessee and UF have had down years as well yet as you say they can pull player all the time. What i$ the difference?

UF a beautiful campus? Guess we have to agree to disagree. The town surrounding is leas than desirable as well. Yes some kids want to leave sure, but you still fail to acknowledge the extra benefits aspect. You also fail to acknowledge playing in front of friend and family as a draw to stay home.

You note these schools have been pulling players for years but since UM has been down we cannot expect the same. Bama, Tennessee and UF have had down years as well yet as you say they can pull player all the time. What i$ the difference?

Yeah UF is not an especially nice campus, it's pretty bland actually. And Gainesville is like one big strip mall.

Ole Miss, UGA, Michigan, Colorado - those are beautiful campuses/great college towns.

Gainesville is nicer than the ****hole that is Tuscaloosa though, I'll give people that

Advertisement
Gainesville is your prototypical college town. Compared to us, UF campus is much bigger, but it is all pretty centralized. I have no idea why they decided to build that new gym so far away from campus, but most athletes have scooters there anyway. The campus is a little hilly and people love talking about the spanish moss, but there isn't a real "quad" so to say. Also, every **** building looks the exact same. There are so many people on campus which can be a plus or minus. If we are talking campuses Emory was the nicest campus I've ever step foot on, kinda regret not going there in hindsight.

Springs, where most athletes live, is pretty dated compared to what we are about to have. I had heard rumblings that the baseball stadium was being torn down and being built elsewhere, but idk if that was set in stone. That area was then to be used for athletic facilities.

Overall, Gainesville is trying to build more and more. They just got a Whole Foods (reminds me of that South Park episode) and there are a ton of places to eat. They're building up this area where outlet malls are supposed to be and they built this new Marriot that I would assume to take over as the hotel to house recruits at. That Hilton there was really outdated.

By my third year, you just kind of got tired of the whole midtown/Downtown scene. There isn't even a real club over there and everything closes at 2. If I could get tired of the whole scene, I would imagine an athlete, who is given everything over there, would too. I mean what sounds better, living it up at some frat party or living it up at E11even, LIV, or Story.

Bengals have zeroed in on Grantham, he’s back in Cincinnati this morning and they’re trying to pull him away from Florida. That’s from Ian Rapoport Twitter 30 mins ago

Advertisement
Back