OT: Bill Russell still the GOAT

How is Bill Russell the goat when played in an era full of players who couldn’t start on most college basketball teams today??

Bill Russell would’ve been just another Kevin Garnett in recent NBA history. HOF basketball player but definitely nowhere near the convo of GOAT.
you cant compare it like that man, in any sport. Evolution

Advertisement
I was going to respond, but after reading that line I realized there was no point.

The great players of that era were absolutely great but look at some of the starters/role players on some of those teams in the 90s. A lot of them would be lucky to be on a NBA roster today.

what year were you born? LMAO

85. I actually have watched these games, not just Jordan’s highlights. I’m seeing snarky responses but no actual evidence to argue why MJ was a better all around player than Bron. Plus, I don’t see you refuting any of my comments because they are facts(except the competition comment which anyone with eyes should be able to tell the difference) Who was the best team Jordan beat in the Finals? Utah with old *** Stockton and Malone? Washed up Lakers team? Look at the Portland roster, outside of Drexler, a lot of them boys wouldn’t even be in the league nowadays smh. You think any of those teams compare to the KD Warriors? Man, stop it. What year were you born in is the question?

Born in 1985.

I actually have watched these games, not just Jordan’s highlights. I’m seeing snarky responses but no actual evidence to argue why MJ was a better all around player than Bron. Plus, I don’t see you refuting any of my comments because they are facts(except the competition comment which anyone with eyes should be able to tell the difference) Who was the best team Jordan beat in the Finals? Utah with old *** Stockton and Malone? Washed up Lakers team? Look at the Portland roster, outside of Drexler, a lot of them boys wouldn’t even be in the league nowadays smh. You think any of those teams compare to the KD Warriors? Man, stop it. What year were you born in is the question?
Idiot... Hahahaha you were 6,7 and 8 for the first three. You’re a complete *****! Hahahahaha stfu you little crybaby. You weren’t old enough to stay home alone for all 6 hahahahahahaha
I have an idea!!!! Go find a six year old to talk basketball with. Should be your sweet spot. Dominate him with your memories. Lmao

Last edited:
Idiot... Hahahaha you were 6,7 and 8 for the first three. You’re a complete *****! Hahahahaha stfu you little crybaby. You weren’t old enough to stay home alone for all 6 hahahahahahaha

Oh ok, so you’re one of those old *** people who think everything older is better, got it. I’ve forgot more about hoops then you’ve ever known grandpa. There’s also this thing called ESPN Classic and YouTube, so I’ve actually watched all of those games with a critical eye, not a fan boy eye.

You know mother****ers can’t argue they point when they resort to name calling and long strings of hahahahas 😂😂😂 take a nap Gramps.

Advertisement
Oh ok, so you’re one of those old *** people who think everything older is better, got it. I’ve forgot more about hoops then you’ve ever known grandpa. There’s also this thing called ESPN Classic and YouTube, so I’ve actually watched all of those games with a critical eye, not a fan boy eye.

You know mother****ers can’t argue they point when they resort to name calling and long strings of hahahahas 😂😂😂 take a nap Gramps.
So calling someone a mothrr****er isn't name calling? I'm confused.....

Go Canes !!!!!!

Sigh. I miss the era when centers dominated. So many of them. Nobody talks about great players like Bob Lanier anymore. Every year when I attend the Players Championship golf tournament in Jacksonville I see Artis Gilmore walking the ropes near 17 and 18. Not exactly difficult to recognize him.

Basketball with centers dictating is like football turning from running to passing. I'm glad I was born when I was, to behold the physical eras and not pure cupcake.

Magic is always mentioned in threads like this, but never enough. Scary player. I was at USC during his early Laker years. We'd often do the double...attending races at Hollywood Park in the afternoon then the Lakers game at the Forum on the same property. Years ago I ran into Pat Riley at Macy's, of all places. He was shopping for pants at Macy's at the Falls. Normal off the rack pants. Really taking his time evaluating everything. When I told him my USC daily double story, and thanked him for making basketball relevant in South Florida, he beamed.

Bron is the 🐐. Best all around player ever, period. I’ve always used Russell when everyone talks about Jordan having more rings, because if that’s the standard, Russell crushes everyone.

Plus Jordan played with Pippen, 1 of the top 5 players of the 90s for all 6, didn’t a win playoff series without him. Rodman, an ELITE defender, rebounder and overall athlete. Was coached by arguably the 🐐 coach and the competition wasn’t close to what it is now. Oh and the Bull still won, what fifty some games the year Jordan was retired? Yea, miss me with MJ being the 🐐. Take your childhood glasses off.
How can Lebron be the GOAT if he doesn't play defense and hasn't for most of his career.

Go Canes!!!!!!!!

So calling someone a mothrr****er isn't name calling? I'm confused.....

Go Canes !!!!!!
It’s literally a dumb contradiction that I’d ordinarily ignore but since he likes to dumb vote people with different opinions, yet he contradicts himself in other places with his high almighty bs, I returned the dumb vote post he hit me with in another thread.

I feel like it’s all come full circle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back