OT Big 10 to start October 24.

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
Advertisement
From yahoo sports:

Big Ten teams will play nine games in nine weeks. An eight-game schedule for each team will be announced later this week, according to Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez. Each team will play six division games and two games against teams from the other division.

The conference standings are set after the eight games. The top teams in each division will play each other for the Big Ten title on Dec. 19. The teams below them in the standings will also play that day against the corresponding team in the other division. That means second place will play second place, third will play third and so on through seventh place in each division.

Alvarez did note that the Big Ten would potentially “take a look at” re-arranging some of the second-place through seventh-place games if any of them resulted in rematches from games earlier in the season.

The nine games mean each team will (hopefully) play the same number of conference games that it was originally scheduled to play before the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the season. Teams are allowed to begin practicing as soon as possible to prepare for the season.

The nine-game schedule also means that the Big Ten’s top teams are set to end up with fewer games than their counterparts in the ACC (11), Big 12 (11) and SEC (10). If each of the four conferences are able to play their full seasons, the debate surrounding the playoff will be fascinating and fun. How would you rate a 9-0 team in the Big Ten against a 9-1 team in the ACC, Big 12 or SEC given the predominantly conference-only schedules?

Funnbumm was calling them out on this on ESPN this morning.

SMH man... wouldn't it be just like the NCAA to put an 8 win Ohio State in the playoffs.

MUCH easier road only having to win 8. Much higher chance that somebody in that conference will be undefeated. Not as many injuries. Less chances to blow a game they should win.

The whole college football playoffs is broken anyway. They need to put in the four teams who EARNED it, not just the "four best teams" like they have been doing.

But watch it happen.

SMH man... wouldn't it be just like the NCAA to put an 8 win Ohio State in the playoffs.

MUCH easier road only having to win 8. Much higher chance that somebody in that conference will be undefeated. Not as many injuries. Less chances to blow a game they should win.

The whole college football playoffs is broken anyway. They need to put in the four teams who EARNED it, not just the "four best teams" like they have been doing.

But watch it happen.
True. But they are playing 9 games. See my post right above yours for info.

Don't worry about the haters, I respect your posts and your source is certainly plugged-in.

Things change. You've kept us abreast of those changes.

I still hate the Big Taint and I hope they all go 4-4, but I appreciate you bringing the info.
The Big 10 is planning a Championship weekend in Indy with The Championship on Saturday and up to 6 other games spread over Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Advertisement
Imagine what things will be like if a team that plays 8 games wins the championship over one that plays 11.

It was a POLITICAL move by the Big 10. That's why the university Presidents weren't allow to vote. If they voted, the same one's whom voted NO the first time, probably would have had the same vote, again ( Perhaps one or two would have had a change in ego, but no more than that. ). In other words, the first time DISSENTER's ( AD's and HC's. ) put MAJOR pressure on both the medical experts and university presidents to go forward with those eight games.
Look who used the P rhymes with analytical word. I know you’re not a fan of this but.... sorry not sorry. Bye bro. See you in another thread.

Are the Michigan schools gonna play? I thought the Governor wasnt going to allow any schools from there to play the season

1600366775885.png

Advertisement
There is zero evidence masks (outside of N95s) help slow the spread of covid. There is also no evidence myocarditis is more likely to happen from covid than any other viral infection.
It's been proven many times. We just have a lot of stupidity in this country who chose ignorance over common sense.

That's why were #1 in the world for for Covid-19 with over a 1000 deaths per day while our neighbors to the north just had zero deaths.

It's been proven many times. We just have a lot of stupidity in this country who chose ignorance over common sense.

That's why were #1 in the world for for Covid-19 with over a 1000 deaths per day while our neighbors to the north just had zero deaths.
They also have a population that's 10% of ours over a larger country.

They also have a population that's 10% of ours over a larger country.
Their population is bigger than Florida and all other states except California. Zero is zero. It's much harder to manage an entire country than 1 state.

People need to stop making excuses for our horrible public response to Covid-19.

Advertisement

What’s been proven many times? Please provide actual science that proves it. We’re number 1 in deaths bc we sent infected patients into nursing homes. Cut that number in half if we didn’t have incompetent governors.

Their population is bigger than Florida and all other states except California. Zero is zero. It's much harder to manage an entire country than 1 state.

People need to stop making excuses for our horrible public response to Covid-19.
Canada has 37.5 million people in a country that's 3,855,081 square miles.
California has 39.5 million people in a state that's 155,973 square miles.

You're comparing apples and elephants.

Please take it to the Covid forum if you really want to continue.

What’s been proven many times? Please provide actual science that proves it. We’re number 1 in deaths bc we sent infected patients into nursing homes. Cut that number in half if we didn’t have incompetent governors.
You can Goggle it. I shouldn't need to do it for you.

After over 6 months into this you'd think people would find out the facts for their own heslth benefit.

People want to hide behind ignorance so they can deny facts. Masks reduce transmission by as much as 80%.

Advertisement
Canada has 37.5 million people in a country that's 3,855,081 square miles.
California has 39.5 million people in a state that's 155,973 square miles.

You're comparing apples and elephants.

Please take it to the Covid forum if you really want to continue.
We have Covid-19 everwhere. Urban and rural. Canada has zero deaths and low transmission including their large metropolitan areas such as Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. Your argument doesn't hold water. You should stop.

I could point to several other countries as well.

Bottom line is we suck.

You can Goggle it. I shouldn't need to do it for you.

After over 6 months into this you'd think people would find out the facts for their own heslth benefit.

People want to hide behind ignorance so they can deny facts. Masks reduce transmission by as much as 80%.
Please refrain from posting these facts as it gets in the way of folks opinions! My wife happens to be a critical care nurse, has worn masks for 12 hour shifts with short breaks, sad we can’t respect our fellow man.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have Covid-19 everwhere. Urban and rural. Canada has zero deaths and low transmission including their large metropolitan areas such as Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal. Your argument doesn't hold water. You should stop.

I could point to several other countries as well.

Bottom line is we suck.
So proximity to other people isn't a factor in transmission? Why are we social distance and working/learning remote?

You should zero understanding of how our country is organized, how viruses transmit, and the impact of the former on the latter.

Take it to the Covid forum.

Advertisement
Back