OT Big 10 to start October 24.

• Thread starter Deleted member 25719
  • Start date
Not at all a hater, but he is passing along info from a "source" hours after ESPN is breaking all of the stories. So by plugged in, yes, his source knows how to type in ESPN.com

He's established the legitimacy of his source previously, he doesn't need to restate his resume on every thread. He posted at 9:21 am. ESPN is a 24-hour sports news organization. If you honestly believe the guy is waking up and reposting ESPN, or that his source is reading ESPN and then calling him at 9 am, that's up to you.

Advertisement
They are just a bunch of pompous idiots who thought they could control the narrative as other Conferences would follow suit with their loser mentality of closing up shop til next year.

They have so much egg on their face and now are saying that the science and the new medical protocols have changed everything.

We know the truth. They are a bunch of losers and cowards who only did an about face due to pressure of fans/ players and after looking at the other Conferences doing things the right way.

That's not completely accurate either. ****, if the Big 12 would have voted not to play, this would look very different right now. It's not "other conferences doing things the right way". The ACC has only belatedly come around to more frequent testing.

I'm not saying anyone is "right" or "wrong" in this situation, I'm just pointing out that it could have gone either way. If the Big 12 had voted not to play, the Big 10 and Pac 12 would look like "visionaries". History is written by the victors. And 3 is a bigger number than 2.

The Big 10 still looks like a joke due to the reversal of the decision, the late-starting season, the 8 (or 9) games, and the obvious implication that they jumped on the train late. Not to mention the non-vote vote by the presidents.

He's established the legitimacy of his source previously, he doesn't need to restate his resume on every thread. He posted at 9:21 am. ESPN is a 24-hour sports news organization. If you honestly believe the guy is waking up and reposting ESPN, or that his source is reading ESPN and then calling him at 9 am, that's up to you.
ESPN did not have an 8 game season or title game info in their original story I promise. Actually if people would read the timeline of stories it probably would help. Also the Ohio State troll stuff is the best.Again just posting some info on a message board, folks can respond as they please. There are athletic departments and football ops at major schools that make UM look like a high school operation and that starts at the top. Happen to have blood working at a high level in Columbus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
That's not completely accurate either. ****, if the Big 12 would have voted not to play, this would look very different right now. It's not "other conferences doing things the right way". The ACC has only belatedly come around to more frequent testing.

I'm not saying anyone is "right" or "wrong" in this situation, I'm just pointing out that it could have gone either way. If the Big 12 had voted not to play, the Big 10 and Pac 12 would look like "visionaries". History is written by the victors. And 3 is a bigger number than 2.

The Big 10 still looks like a joke due to the reversal of the decision, the late-starting season, the 8 (or 9) games, and the obvious implication that they jumped on the train late. Not to mention the non-vote vote by the presidents.
Wrong.
Doing things the right way meaning not jumping the gun and calling it quits early on but allowing the science and the data to play out and making a measured decision based on what you can do. Trying to have a season is better than releasing a schedule and then 5 days later making up some stupid BS as to why they could not have a season. Only now to come back and look like idiots more than month later.

Wrong.
Doing things the right way meaning not jumping the gun and calling it quits early on but allowing the science and the data to play out and making a measured decision based on what you can do. Trying to have a season is better than releasing a schedule and then 5 days later making up some stupid BS as to why they could not have a season. Only now to come back and look like idiots more than month later.

You are confusing "doing things the right way" with "we're gonna play football no matter what".

The SEC was going to play football no matter what. They don't care what the scientists or doctors say.

The ACC was more willing to listen to science/medicine, but let's not pretend that we "allowed the science and the data to play out". We did not. We made a call, which is fine, but the ACC has continued to IMPROVE on "doing things the right way" since then.

You are confusing "doing things the right way" with "we're gonna play football no matter what".

The SEC was going to play football no matter what. They don't care what the scientists or doctors say.

The ACC was more willing to listen to science/medicine, but let's not pretend that we "allowed the science and the data to play out". We did not. We made a call, which is fine, but the ACC has continued to IMPROVE on "doing things the right way" since then.
The ACC has been transparent on the scientific data and the medical teams that have advised their decision since many moons ago,

Sure the SEC probably have that nonchalant attitude but they also have to cover their asses with medical data or else they would look even dumber than the BIG.

Doing things the right way does not mean releasing a schedule and then 5 days later cancelling the season and allowing your Conference Commissioner to look like a moron. Then him looking more like a moron in September when an about face 180 occurs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

Playing or not playing is nothing to do with Bravado or toughness. The same goes for wearing masks. It's about intelligence. The Big 10 had 15 student athletes who had Covid-19 and myocarditis which weighed heavily on the decision to postpone the season. It's a potential life threatening heart and blood clotting condition that is one of the possible outcomes of contracting Covid-19. Athlete or not, any person could die from untreated myocarditis. I was in favor of college football not playing due to this medical issue. My thoughts changed when the ACC updated its Covid-19 protocol to 3 times per week where myocarditis testing is included. I don't know what the other conferences testing protocols are.

There is zero evidence masks (outside of N95s) help slow the spread of covid. There is also no evidence myocarditis is more likely to happen from covid than any other viral infection.

I thought there were no playoffs this year. Now there are and all conferences are playing different amounts of games? WTF?

Advertisement
The Big 10 Will begin their season October 24.There will be an eight game season over 8 consecutive weeks with the title game December 19. According to my guy the conference champ will be playoff eligible. Don’t kill the messenger just passing along info.

What the F'! No way should the Big 10 be play-off eigible!!!! After all, there's only EIGHT games on the conference slate and all that.

Oh. And one more notion. That Herbie Cornsucker team still SUCKS the big " D! " Or is that, they still SUCK on the big " C! " Albeit metaphorically speaking. huh?

My first thought was that 8 games should basically disqualify the B1G, but I doubt it. The CFP wants OSU and Clemson in the title game for ratings.

Well, I have news for you dude. Ohio St. WON'T play in the major CFB championship game! And I'll let CFB history be my witness. huh?

Thread Reply Ban - Don't even use the P word that rhymes with analytical.

It was a POLITICAL move by the Big 10. That's why the university Presidents weren't allow to vote. If they voted, the same one's whom voted NO the first time, probably would have had the same vote, again ( Perhaps one or two would have had a change in ego, but no more than that. ). In other words, the first time DISSENTER's ( AD's and HC's. ) put MAJOR pressure on both the medical experts and university presidents to go forward with those eight games.

Advertisement
There is zero evidence masks (outside of N95s) help slow the spread of covid. There is also no evidence myocarditis is more likely to happen from covid than any other viral infection.
That's why I pay over $150 a box for N95s to protect my family, which includes a newborn. Anything short, is appeasing the masses.

Oh yeah and LMAO at the little 10.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on O$U to go undefeated, unlike any pressure they had before.
And we have seen some very good teams of theirs lay an egg in the past. Most recently when they lost to Purdue out of nowhere which kept them out of the playoffs.
Would it shock people to see them lose at Penn State for instance???? It should not.

Playing less games than the other Conferences can hurt them immensely if the SEC has two teams with a loss or less.

You do realize that myocarditis is a possible outcome of any viral infection, not just this one.

Oh well OBVIOUSLY. What idiot doesn’t know that myocarditis is the possible outcome of any viral infection? Dummies. /sarcasm

Look...I hate the Big 10 more than anyone on here, and I’ve been in favor of all teams playing right from the jump.

But...

Not picking on you
OCC but this comment is hilarious. I love how everyone online pretends to be an expert on everything.

Not ONE of you ****ers had ever HEARD of myocarditis before this **** with the Big 10. Stop trying to act like you know **** you don’t.

We all wanted them to play because we want normal life and football back. That’s it.

Advertisement
Back