OT: Beirut Explosion

@JD08 please school this one some more, I was hoping you were making headway.

NaCl can enrich the taste of most foods … as far as this conversation you’re “enrichment” is falling short of your namesake.

stay with me here… you said: “…Berne yada, yada, yada; AOC yada, yada, yada” breathed life into Biden’s campaign. That’s not just factually incorrect, it’s wrong beyond recovery.

So here’s the facts: there’s this place called South Carolina. Some people call it Caroline, some call it Cakkalacky - the Carolina part, I mean. And it’s what is called a state. And there was thing called a primary in that state. And this black congressman, I think his daddy’s name was Clyburn…his momma named him James. He raised up like Moses parting the Red Sea and said the electoral equivalent of “part, water” or was it “Bernie’s, Bernies everywhere and not one we can vote for”? I’m messing up my water allegories here. But he said “vote fuh” because he has that cool gully accent from South Carolina. Oh yeah, oh yeah, well all the people followed him and forgot all about the Bernie/AOC yada, yada, yada and Biden started getting votes from everywhere. And the whole time the Biden/AOC yada, yada, yada, was like, “what happened?” And then other states had primaries, and without Clyburn saying a thing, more people voted for Biden. And then the people all said, “sit down, Bernie … you’re rocking the boat” Mixing more metaphors of course. And, then people realized, “Wait, you mean Bernie/AOC don’t have the support of the party?” that “it was the order of the states voting/caucusing that skewed Bernie/AOC support” “Because Biden is getting votes nearly 2-1 in the later states with no money, no organization and no campaign”

You keep making Rightist talking points that are 100% not true. JD wants me to be fair with you but you keep making unfair arguments. Arguments that are demonstrably wrong. I’d call them lies, but you have to know the truth to be lying. And I don’t think you know the truth. I’d say do better, but I’m at the point of going back to just downvoting you.
@Salt can speak for himself, but I took it as Biden's going to need the support of the Bernie/AOC crowd to get any traction in the general election.

I'm not a fan of any politicians, but I think that Biden running was a mistake. It does appear that he's not the same person he was even a few years ago. For a person who had a lifetime of public service and tragic personal losses to be set up for potential humiliation is cruel. That's not how he should be remembered.

Advertisement
@Salt can speak for himself, but I took it as Biden's going to need the support of the Bernie/AOC crowd to get any traction in the general election.

I'm not a fan of any politicians, but I think that Biden running was a mistake. It does appear that he's not the same person he was even a few years ago. For a person who had a lifetime of public service and tragic personal losses to be set up for potential humiliation is cruel. That's not how he should be remembered.
Humiliation is being so scared of this "invalid" that you prey on yeezys mental illness to try and divide the black vote.

Humiliation is being so scared of this "invalid" that you prey on yeezys mental illness to try and divide the black vote.
Politics is ugly. It's always about bashing your opponent. If he has no cognitive decline, then fine, the two can bash away and last one standing wins. I don't care. But if he does have issues and he's being propped up, pushed on, then hes taking the advice of the people who are supposed to care the most about him and he's going to be laughed at. That's just mean.

I'm not debating one side versus the other or the tactics used. I'm talking about the treatment of a person who was in public service most of his life, lost a wife and daughter in a tragic car accident, and a son to cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and if he was my family member and on the decline, the last thing I'd do is let something hurtful like this happen to him.

You’re purposefully dodging the error in his comment. He said what he wrote. And what he wrote isn’t true.

As for your second paragraph, I never believed any democrat would lose. It’s more apparent now that Biden May win, but the question is how big now, mostly. He won’t be humiliated, he‘ll be vindicated.

Advertisement
Politics is ugly. It's always about bashing your opponent. If he has no cognitive decline, then fine, the two can bash away and last one standing wins. I don't care. But if he does have issues and he's being propped up, pushed on, then hes taking the advice of the people who are supposed to care the most about him and he's going to be laughed at. That's just mean.

I'm not debating one side versus the other or the tactics used. I'm talking about the treatment of a person who was in public service most of his life, lost a wife and daughter in a tragic car accident, and a son to cancer. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and if he was my family member and on the decline, the last thing I'd do is let something hurtful like this happen to him.
Your just trying to project the “weakness“ of the “right’s” candidate on Biden.

You’re purposefully dodging the error in his comment. He said what he wrote. And what he wrote isn’t true.

As for your second paragraph, I never believed any democrat would lose. It’s more apparent now that Biden May win, but the question is how big now, mostly. He won’t be humiliated, he‘ll be vindicated.
How bigly*

Advertisement

trumps and bidens dementia during the debates

Spider-Man-Pointing-Meme.jpg

I agree for the most part with all of that. I think the difference is the tactics and who are the targets? If the target is the military or military officials it is different than targeting civilians.

So with that as a caveat, I would define terrorism as the purposeful targeting of civilians to achieve a political objective as opposed to civilians becoming part of the collateral damage.

In regards to Muslims, I agree many are peaceful and abhor the wanton violence. But then again, the founder of their religion was a military leader and warlord as much as a spiritual leader. It is part of their teachings in the Quran and Hadith traditions.

As you are a devout Catholic, I am sure you appreciate the differences in Christianity spreading initially by word and Islam by sword. All it took was a generation after Mohammed's death before followers of Islam were making militaristic incursions into southern Europe in the 8th century.

By contrast, the crusades which were also in some cases very bloody and militaristic took centuries.

Turn the other cheek and love your enemies is an ethical advancement over an eye for eye.
Oh I have no end of trouble turning that cheek and even more with Loving you enemy -- Heaven is not an Open Border Domain. Actually I tried not to take position on peaceful/warlike Moslem debate. I just like talking people who hold their faith dear as apposed to those with out beliefs judging those who do. Many moons ago I represented several members of the House of Saud. Strangely they were referred by a Princess of another Mid East Royal Family. She happened to be only Catholic in that family. Life is strange. All of them were well versed and great fun to talk to. The Princess and I prayed Rosaries. The Saudi's and I examined each others favorite weapons. Yeah, they carried those big *** swords but loved my old M1 Carbine, said it was fine weapon to used mounted.

Can't say I became friends, but we did come to a point where we would have been sad if we had to kill each other. The youngest of them admitted to me that their faith required them to give me four chances to convert before cutting my head off (yeah, I don't buy the peaceful thing either). I smiled him as I took my carbine back and slide a 30 clip in and asked him it that was #1? He said why and I said well if it was then he only had two left before he died. He laughed and said, "I've seen you shoot. No more religion." We finished off one of his bottles of 50 year old scotch which he justified as required for him to be a good host. Hey, who am I to judge.

If you look close, I answered you comparison. Christians are required to love their enemies and many times come up short on that. Islam requires them to eventuality kill or enslave non-believers but allows peace when needed.

Not at all. I haven't said a word about policy positions or anything else. I understand the desire to "circle the wagons" around Biden because you think I'm attacking in a partisan manner, but I'm not. It wasn't that long ago that I watched my father go through this. At first it was trouble swallowing. Not a big deal, the doctor said it's just a matter of paying more attention during meals because he's getting older. Then he fell and and went in the hospital with broken ribs and hip. That was when I had to take care of his bills for him and found out that he had started getting sloppy in his timeliness of payments. He had never had a late payment on any bill ever and here was his life insurance with a final notice. The signs were there, but they were nothing you wouldn't expect from an elderly person. It happened slowly, a forgotten phrase, discussing something like it happened yesterday, little things. It wasn't an overnight change. If someone had put my father in the public eye I'd have been ****ed.

I'd love to be wrong about Biden. I'd love for his mind to be sharp as a tack. If there's a debate we'll see, but the fact that there's a push to not have a debate indicates that I'm not wrong. And if so, that's a terrible way to go out and be remembered.

Advertisement
Not at all. I haven't said a word about policy positions or anything else. I understand the desire to "circle the wagons" around Biden because you think I'm attacking in a partisan manner, but I'm not. It wasn't that long ago that I watched my father go through this. At first it was trouble swallowing. Not a big deal, the doctor said it's just a matter of paying more attention during meals because he's getting older. Then he fell and and went in the hospital with broken ribs and hip. That was when I had to take care of his bills for him and found out that he had started getting sloppy in his timeliness of payments. He had never had a late payment on any bill ever and here was his life insurance with a final notice. The signs were there, but they were nothing you wouldn't expect from an elderly person. It happened slowly, a forgotten phrase, discussing something like it happened yesterday, little things. It wasn't an overnight change. If someone had put my father in the public eye I'd have been ****ed.

I'd love to be wrong about Biden. I'd love for his mind to be sharp as a tack. If there's a debate we'll see, but the fact that there's a push to not have a debate indicates that I'm not wrong. And if so, that's a terrible way to go out and be remembered.
You may be right, I really have not payed that kind of attention. But, from what I’ve seen highlighted … it can easily be attributed to his opponent. That’s my only point.

Advertisement
There are also plenty of IRA who were former british security and Army. Best trained terrorist group in history, in my opinion.
True, but their bomb makers had habit of blowing themselves up until they hook up with PLO. Hey, Brits ruled the world unless they were fighting us.

LMAO at sleepy Joe the amnesia patient having a chance.

Advertisement
Back